A Message from the Founders

StudioWildcard

I rarely post, but felt the need after reading sooo many complaints!  Thanks for the update guys, truly appreciated! The complaints about a delay are stupid... I think Wildcard is finally learning from all of their past mistakes and this is a potential sign of it! Thanks for taking the time to do it right... we can wait!!

Note, if you mess up the release like has happened soooooo many times, that is what is truly unacceptable! I shouldn't be stuck, unable to play, because the windows 10 version failed and thus I'm unable to run my server for my Xbox crew!! Do it right this time! Please!

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, JS2 said:

FROM THE FOUNDERS? Like we give a poop look where do we get refunds? I’m done with your game most are. Most of us are so bored genesis was the Only thing keeping it alive and now you delayed again ???? Forget I’m done where do I get refund? 

You can ask for a refund from the merchant you bought the game from. Sony, Microsoft or Steam.

• Like 1

Last time i payed for a dlc of season pass not paying for waiting because off delays every dlc. And a bit off delay oke but 2 months... dont promis stuff if you cant make it. Always same crap with every dlc... gonna be broken anyway like always so yeah..... more and more people losing interest in ark because off delays, let me guess pc get it on that day and console have to wait a other week?

The Devs are absolutely ignorant and clearly does not care about any of the loyal fan base. I have been playing Ark since game preview and now have Atlas as well. I used to love the game and play it with friends and told them to buy the game as well. I got pretty advanced on ark and was starting to get tired if being raided by 20 Meks and their infinite supply of element due to dupping glitches and also just getting flat out mesh raided. For a while and recently we noticed it's actually impossible to build on any of the maps no matter how many turrets and how long you stay on we would still get raided and have to start fresh. Finally I've had enough if the glitches and duping so I decide to play the hiding game by buling tree forts and 1 mesh spot to store loot when offline or out of town. Finally for once since game preview I have been able to keep my loot for more than a week without being in the top alliance tribes which still get mesh raided or dupe mech raided. Now instead of realising new content or getting rid of dupes or nerfing the mechs you guys add random death barriers to (some) of the mesh points. Making meshing more toxic and unpredictable and now you can't even fight meshers back at all and on top of it all there is still mesh points you guys just screwed all the casual players who hide all what little loot they had and enabled bigger tribes to find still working mesh points. Which is still a thing. Why add a death barrier with no warning and absolutely waste everyone's time who knows how to keep what little loot they have safe. The big open mesh points still work too amd I literally have people meshed on my server on official and they didn't get a death barrier at their mesh but yet I get one? At least fix all the spots or maybe fix duping or duped mechs/ loot cause if you haven't noticed the only way you can survive now was in the mesh due to duping which was a glitch on your end so thanks for punishing the small guys I will NEVER spend money on WildCard or any game from them ever again and I litteraly lost a piece of my heart today this is actual bs! There is still players with hundredas of duped mechs, weapons, turrets and just overall loot. #Removethelastupdate #ReleaseGenisis #Stoplyingtothefans #Theyareinitforthemoney #Stoptargetingthesmallguys #wipetheduperstoo

Edited by GrimJim
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

It's funny to see that so many are upset and angry about a delay of a game/dlc.

Asking for refunds, telling this company is the worst.. etc etc...

And when the dlc finally releases, who will be playing?

All those people that asked for refunds :P

My point EXACTLY!

• Like 1

@StudioWildcardI'm happy for the ongoing mesh fixes and the new protection. I don't mind a DLC being pushed back if it quality get's improved.

The only issues that are still top prio for me are lags AND griefers on PVE Extinction. 

It's way too easy to attack someone on Extinction, you can even use corrupted pteras. I tested them on my own base, 3 lvl 15-25 pteras dealt insane amounts of damage to nearly every metal structure they attacked. People will find a hole in your defense, crack open your base and steal whatever they want.

The corrupted giga teleportation is also an ongoing problem if you have anything valuable in your base, people will come from your server or others, build 1 or 2 teleporters and start teleporting endless amounts of corrupted gigas to your base.

They monitor your on/off times just to steal from you. It's a big issue because you can make huge amounts of real money from some things. 

This is to all the people hating on this. Would you rather it be early and horribly done, or late with amazing features and graphics, let that sink in. And at least there apologizing for the delay that's more that I can say for some games.

And two the developers I just want you to know that this is an amazing game and done listen to the haters, I think your doing a great job.

I've been telling everyone don't expect to see it till summer. I'm sure they will delay it again. Mabe this time they will wait till a day before instead of one week. Wild card has never released anything on time. Regardless of what "Reason" they give for a delay. The dlc will be buggy and glitchy even if they wait another year to release it. Its wild cards style. Been playing since launch and these are they patterns they follow. So dont believe them when they say "improvements", because it's never helped a delayed release in the past

Edited by Meepoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At this point it’s hilarious that any people think that the extra month is going to give the expansion a “bug free” release as seen with there other maps and dlc here we are years later with many of the same problems if you want to fix the official servers here’s an idea get rid of them simple the player run servers always have better people managing them and again as for the delay and people both parties are right to a degree but the fact is never has a deadline been met it is understandable when you have a problem but they never tell us anything or a real reason why they delay just the copy and paste of “we’re just tweeting performance issues” It’s really sad I mean I genuinely think ark is one of the greatest games ever made but after the last few years of disappointing launches and release I just hope for everyone’s sake player and dev that they sell the licenses and company to someone competent at this point I’d take EA over wildcard but seriously epic, rockstar ,blizzard, Bethesda, THQ someone just not you guys it’s not that you have bad ideas just horrible follow through. You guys did a great job coming up with ideas but please let someone else actually implement them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zakman726 said:

This is to all the people hating on this. Would you rather it be early and horribly done, or late with amazing features and graphics, let that sink in. And at least there apologizing for the delay that's more that I can say for some games.

And two the developers I just want you to know that this is an amazing game and done listen to the haters, I think your doing a great job.

You must be new around here. Just wait, when it does get release, it will be broken, then it will be your turn to be salty and say, What? We waited and this is the end result?  ?

• Thanks 1

it is a disappointment but if it takes more time then that's fine by me i can wait i mean things like this happen all the time its normal so no rush take your time do what you have to do i really love this game and i really do enjoy it the Ark worlds and some of the stuff that you guys imagine is absolutely fantastic i mean this is the one game i truly get lost in in a good way so the Wild Card team you guys do what you have to do ill be waiting on Feb 25th keep the content rolling i'm ready for any Adventure you have in store for Ark I'M READY FOR IT        

Lol what's funny is nobody is asking about part 2, since part 1 is coming a few weeks from spring. Does this mean part 2 will be summer or fall 2020, what is part 2 anyways? What's included in it?

Thrilled that I get to buy this game during the spring break sale on ps4 I bet it will be 50% off, and I bet they miss the 25th by at least 2 weeks lol.

14 hours ago, Uzo said:

Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a month 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TIME. 

I am Demanding a refund from this dlc. Absolutely Ridiculous.  

Man I want my money back for Genesis

8 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

been playing ark since 2016 June  1hr short of 4200 gaming hours in ark  so i am clearly not new to the game   i have been playing this game since SE came out 

so you must be new to this game to as you joined here or in ark as of sept 2015   so  Rotate     i am aloud to express my displeasure of how this current dlc is being  handled information wise to its player base

so suck it

If you’ve been here since SE then you should know first hand as that was the first paid dlc we got in early access an it was delayed twice before we got it so again you may have been “playing” buts it’s clear to see your still new when it comes to dealing with wildcard again you should have expected this if your such a vet player lmao 

Edited by trippytrey