Game Crashes when exiting Inventory

BPVess

Assertion failed: OctreeId.IsValidId() [File:F:\build\Trunk\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PrimitiveSceneInfo.cpp] [Line: 305] 

Assertion failed: OctreeId.IsValidId() [File:F:\build\Trunk\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PrimitiveSceneInfo.cpp] [Line: 305] 

VERSION: 304.441 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffca071a839) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff6eebe9f38) + 159 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff6eebea4d5) + 178 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!FPrimitiveSceneInfo::RemoveFromScene() (0x00007ff6f01e1d0d) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\primitivesceneinfo.cpp:306]
ShooterGame.exe!FScene::UpdatePrimitiveTransform_RenderThread() (0x00007ff6f022b76b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\rendererscene.cpp:597]
ShooterGame.exe!TGraphTask<`FScene::UpdatePrimitiveTransform'::`28'::EURCMacro_UpdateTransformCommand>::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff6f025faf1) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:895]
ShooterGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() (0x00007ff6eeb59578) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:939]
ShooterGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilIdle() (0x00007ff6eeb5882b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:695]
ShooterGame.exe!FFrameEndSync::Sync() (0x00007ff6ef6ce6d6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:7951]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff6edb4a439) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2521]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff6edb446bc) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6edb4b7ea) + 5 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff6edb4b939) + 8 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff6f0724571) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffca21e7bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffca294ced1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Processor    AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3400 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 8GB

Video Card:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I currently have 1293hrs in game.  I've had the game since Christmas 2017 and never had really any issues till now.  I've submitted tickets with Wildcard and was basically told to come to the Forums for help.  Hopefully I have posted all the necessary information and would appreciate any assistance.  

15 hours ago, BPVess said:

VERSION: 304.441 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffca071a839) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff6eebe9f38) + 159 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff6eebea4d5) + 178 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!FPrimitiveSceneInfo::RemoveFromScene() (0x00007ff6f01e1d0d) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\primitivesceneinfo.cpp:306]
ShooterGame.exe!FScene::UpdatePrimitiveTransform_RenderThread() (0x00007ff6f022b76b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\rendererscene.cpp:597]
ShooterGame.exe!TGraphTask<`FScene::UpdatePrimitiveTransform'::`28'::EURCMacro_UpdateTransformCommand>::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff6f025faf1) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:895]
ShooterGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() (0x00007ff6eeb59578) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:939]
ShooterGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilIdle() (0x00007ff6eeb5882b) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:695]
ShooterGame.exe!FFrameEndSync::Sync() (0x00007ff6ef6ce6d6) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:7951]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff6edb4a439) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2521]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff6edb446bc) + 0 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6edb4b7ea) + 5 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff6edb4b939) + 8 bytes [f:\build\trunk\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:213]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff6f0724571) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffca21e7bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Processor    AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3400 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 8GB

Video Card:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

I currently have 1293hrs in game.  I've had the game since Christmas 2017 and never had really any issues till now.  I've submitted tickets with Wildcard and was basically told to come to the Forums for help.  Hopefully I have posted all the necessary information and would appreciate any assistance.  

I think I saw a thread discussing this issue. I don't know if I can find it again- If I do, I'll edit this post and link it. But I think people said that they were able to avoid it by switching to one of the other tabs you can access from the top of your inventory, then closing it. Don't remember which tab, but try all of them and see if any of them work.

Also, it'd help if you said whether you're playing singleplayer, non-dedicated, or on a server; and whether you're playing with mods or not.

EDIT: Here 

10 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

I think I saw a thread discussing this issue. I don't know if I can find it again- If I do, I'll edit this post and link it. But I think people said that they were able to avoid it by switching to one of the other tabs you can access from the top of your inventory, then closing it. Don't remember which tab, but try all of them and see if any of them work.

Also, it'd help if you said whether you're playing singleplayer, non-dedicated, or on a server; and whether you're playing with mods or not.

EDIT: Here 

Sorry, I've been playing in Singleplayer currently.  But thanks for the tip.  I'll try this and hope they'll eventually fix the issue entirely.

I've had this problem for so long and I've worked my way around getting into my inventory but it still happens sometimes when I'm not even opening the inventory!! Like if ice played for a while and randomly crash after landing or looking at something. Today I can't even turn around to look at my green house. But earlier I could without a problem. There was also a time I placed down some pipes and I crashed.... Next time I did it after reinstalling the game it was fine. Another time was when I was logging back in after a crash while waiting for a wyvern egg to hatch I couldn't even move a step because I crashed immediately... I had to roll back to the last save to fix it. Also I was looking in the direction of my green house as well. Idk what the deal with that is. It's been real damn annoying and I've been walking around egg shells trying not to make my game lag out and crash. Every time I get these crashes it's the same message I get when the inventory thing crashes too. Also cutting your characters hair has the same crash. Seems like everything that had to do with opening your inventory or bringing up a survivor menu crashes. Except if you look into the engrams or a takes inventory. Although I've had once case where I crashed while I was in a takes inventory and changing my armor from it...... Seriously it's been almost two months now when is this bug gonna fix... 

3 hours ago, Shahra said:

I'm still crashing in some areas.. but the messages says line:140. The inventory one is Line:305. The crashes that are not caused by the inventory closing is different. Is anyone getting this one too? I'd send a picture but it's too big apparently. I'd have to link it some how.

Yes, send a picture if possible. You can send it as text if you can't upload it at all, but it's better if you can get a picture (much easier to read).

1 hour ago, TheEclipseee said:

Yes, send a picture if possible. You can send it as text if you can't upload it at all, but it's better if you can get a picture (much easier to read).

http://imgur.com/a/u0cMu3e I tried it this way I hope you can see this. And I'll mention that I do have some mods installed. Some that add structures I'm not sure if those are causing any trouble but I have read other players tried running the game with no mods and it didn't matter anyways. This crash was when I put a saddle on my Allo and then mounted it. It froze for a while then crashed. I don't exactly know what causes this crash, it kinda happens randomly like I said. Maybe I turned and looked at something or went into a tames inventory to change my armor really fast, or placing down something like a pipe. I honestly can't tell what happens. But I do know that when I get the message saying line: 305 instead, that's caused by opening and closing my character's inventory. So pressing "i".

2 hours ago, Shahra said:

http://imgur.com/a/u0cMu3e I tried it this way I hope you can see this. And I'll mention that I do have some mods installed. Some that add structures I'm not sure if those are causing any trouble but I have read other players tried running the game with no mods and it didn't matter anyways. This crash was when I put a saddle on my Allo and then mounted it. It froze for a while then crashed. I don't exactly know what causes this crash, it kinda happens randomly like I said. Maybe I turned and looked at something or went into a tames inventory to change my armor really fast, or placing down something like a pipe. I honestly can't tell what happens. But I do know that when I get the message saying line: 305 instead, that's caused by opening and closing my character's inventory. So pressing "i".

Hm, well, it is slightly different to the inventory one initially posted here, aside from just the line being different. It refers to a few different things further on. Unfortunately, I don't know what you could do, but I'll have a google around, and let you know if I find anything.

28 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

Hm, well, it is slightly different to the inventory one initially posted here, aside from just the line being different. It refers to a few different things further on. Unfortunately, I don't know what you could do, but I'll have a google around, and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks for taking a look at it tho. And ya I noticed it is slightly different but I've experienced both since the Christmas Update so I wanted to share that too. I feel like the only way is to get a bug fixing update on it but I doubt that's coming any time soon. Also another weird thing I've been experiencing since the Thanksgiving update was my graphics dropped (although I figured a way to fix that) and my helmet doesn't seem to stay in place on my head anymore when I'm moving around. As well as the markers on my map. If I'm moving they kinda fly off the map. Even when I'm standing still they move slightly. Same with my helmet. It's a bit annoying and makes me a bit nervous. I sometimes felt like maybe my character was some how bugging out and could be a cause for crashing.. but I didn't get so many crashes until Christmas.. and the last thing was dinos from far away kinda move choppy until I get closer to them which never happened before. I've had my settings the same way for a long time. I can only run the game on medium or lower. I'm not sure if my game will stop having these problems when I finally upgrade my PC. Maybe it'll work slightly better tho..

52 minutes ago, Shahra said:

Thanks for taking a look at it tho. And ya I noticed it is slightly different but I've experienced both since the Christmas Update so I wanted to share that too. I feel like the only way is to get a bug fixing update on it but I doubt that's coming any time soon. Also another weird thing I've been experiencing since the Thanksgiving update was my graphics dropped (although I figured a way to fix that) and my helmet doesn't seem to stay in place on my head anymore when I'm moving around. As well as the markers on my map. If I'm moving they kinda fly off the map. Even when I'm standing still they move slightly. Same with my helmet. It's a bit annoying and makes me a bit nervous. I sometimes felt like maybe my character was some how bugging out and could be a cause for crashing.. but I didn't get so many crashes until Christmas.. and the last thing was dinos from far away kinda move choppy until I get closer to them which never happened before. I've had my settings the same way for a long time. I can only run the game on medium or lower. I'm not sure if my game will stop having these problems when I finally upgrade my PC. Maybe it'll work slightly better tho..

So I looked into the error. There's very little info on it, only thing I could really find that wasn't someone reporting the crash was a very technical looking article from 2015, which, given my lack of experience programming, I could glean little off of except that the crash may be some issue to do with memory allocation (if I was interpreting it correctly). https://pzurita.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/limitations-of-memory-tracking-features-in-unreal-engine-4/ 

You'll find mention of OctreeIdIsValid in a chunk of code about halfway down the page, under the 'Memory tracking stat defines' heading.

The helmet, I'm unsure what you mean, sorry. Is it a modded helmet? As for the map markers, I think they've always had a slight amount of judder for me, at least as far as I can remember.

Are you in Singleplayer?

The choppy animations are due to a new feature released.. a month ago? Sometime in December I think. Animation staggering, can be turned off in advanced settings. Tickbox right at the end or around there iirc.

2 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

So I looked into the error. There's very little info on it, only thing I could really find that wasn't someone reporting the crash was a very technical looking article from 2015, which, given my lack of experience programming, I could glean little off of except that the crash may be some issue to do with memory allocation (if I was interpreting it correctly). https://pzurita.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/limitations-of-memory-tracking-features-in-unreal-engine-4/ 

You'll find mention of OctreeIdIsValid in a chunk of code about halfway down the page, under the 'Memory tracking stat defines' heading.

The helmet, I'm unsure what you mean, sorry. Is it a modded helmet? As for the map markers, I think they've always had a slight amount of judder for me, at least as far as I can remember.

Are you in Singleplayer?

The choppy animations are due to a new feature released.. a month ago? Sometime in December I think. Animation staggering, can be turned off in advanced settings. Tickbox right at the end or around there iirc.

Oof ya I know very little about that technical stuff... I mean when it comes to memory that could be on my part cuz of my PC. That's for the crash I showed you tho right? Not for the inventory crashing that others are having? And no the helmet isn't modded it's any vanilla helment. The cloth one didn't act weird tho. Unless I put on a skin. But the other helmets didn't have a skin. I can show you a pic in a little bit. I gonna try to run the game and I'll take a picture of what I mean. And the map acts the same way as the helmets. I never thought they were always janky tho like you said. If I was moving they usually stay on the map so I can see the arrow and where I was going.. now they just kinda fly off if I'm not super still... Lol. And I didn't see that tickbox in the settings.. I'll try to look for it. And yes I'm in single player I almost forgot to mention that lol

1 hour ago, Shahra said:

Oof ya I know very little about that technical stuff... I mean when it comes to memory that could be on my part cuz of my PC. That's for the crash I showed you tho right? Not for the inventory crashing that others are having? And no the helmet isn't modded it's any vanilla helment. The cloth one didn't act weird tho. Unless I put on a skin. But the other helmets didn't have a skin. I can show you a pic in a little bit. I gonna try to run the game and I'll take a picture of what I mean. And the map acts the same way as the helmets. I never thought they were always janky tho like you said. If I was moving they usually stay on the map so I can see the arrow and where I was going.. now they just kinda fly off if I'm not super still... Lol. And I didn't see that tickbox in the settings.. I'll try to look for it. And yes I'm in single player I almost forgot to mention that lol

I'm referring to both the inventory crash and the one you showed me- since both of them show 'OctreeId.IsValidId', and in the article, it mentions that in the context of memory allocation issues (I think).

But yeah, for the helmet and map thing, probably easiest if you can get a video showcasing it.

16 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

I'm referring to both the inventory crash and the one you showed me- since both of them show 'OctreeId.IsValidId', and in the article, it mentions that in the context of memory allocation issues (I think).

But yeah, for the helmet and map thing, probably easiest if you can get a video showcasing it.

I'll try my best to figure out how to fix this but I'm really bad at this stuff. But thanks for helping as much as you can. That's the most info I've ever gotten about this issue. Also here's what I mean about the helmet lol https://imgur.com/gallery/Go1SRaE I'm also on Valguero. This map is a bit buggy I'm not sure if that counts as anything. But this problem happens on Ragnarok too.

1 hour ago, Shahra said:

I'll try my best to figure out how to fix this but I'm really bad at this stuff. But thanks for helping as much as you can. That's the most info I've ever gotten about this issue. Also here's what I mean about the helmet lol https://imgur.com/gallery/Go1SRaE I'm also on Valguero. This map is a bit buggy I'm not sure if that counts as anything. But this problem happens on Ragnarok too.

No problem, glad I've been able to help somewhat :) 

As for the helmet and map.. yeah, that's very different to what I was thinking of (a very slight judder, and they remain, well, on the map). I've never seen that before, sorry. I'd maybe guess lag at the helmet, but it's singleplayer, so.. I can really only fall on my 'default' bug fix techniques. 

EDIT: Maybe something to do with the frame rate? I'm not entirely sure if it's just the recording or not, but if you generally get a low frame rate, see if turning down your graphics settings- getting better frames- can fix it.

Next is verifying files. 

If that doesn't fix it, it might be a mod issue. Make a backup of your game, then load it without any mods. See how the helmet and map act without any mods, and if they act normally, add your mods back one-by-one until it breaks. From there, clean install the mod- Unsubscribe, find it's ID, navigate to steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods and delete the mod's folder, and the same for steamapps\workshop\content\346110. Then re-subscribe, let it install, make sure it's active, and see how it goes. If it still doesn't work, probably an issue with the mod itself, so you'd have to talk to the author. 

If it's still an issue without any mods running, I don't have any more ideas, sorry.

6 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

No problem, glad I've been able to help somewhat :) 

As for the helmet and map.. yeah, that's very different to what I was thinking of (a very slight judder, and they remain, well, on the map). I've never seen that before, sorry. I'd maybe guess lag at the helmet, but it's singleplayer, so.. I can really only fall on my 'default' bug fix techniques. 

EDIT: Maybe something to do with the frame rate? I'm not entirely sure if it's just the recording or not, but if you generally get a low frame rate, see if turning down your graphics settings- getting better frames- can fix it.

Next is verifying files. 

If that doesn't fix it, it might be a mod issue. Make a backup of your game, then load it without any mods. See how the helmet and map act without any mods, and if they act normally, add your mods back one-by-one until it breaks. From there, clean install the mod- Unsubscribe, find it's ID, navigate to steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods and delete the mod's folder, and the same for steamapps\workshop\content\346110. Then re-subscribe, let it install, make sure it's active, and see how it goes. If it still doesn't work, probably an issue with the mod itself, so you'd have to talk to the author. 

If it's still an issue without any mods running, I don't have any more ideas, sorry.

I'll try all that when I can. But I'm not sure if I can do much about it the crashing problem. I just had another crash when mounting but it gave me a different message but it could be the same issue.. not sure.. I did compare the two message and they look different.. http://imgur.com/a/Md7ujdg

1 hour ago, Shahra said:

I'll try all that when I can. But I'm not sure if I can do much about it the crashing problem. I just had another crash when mounting but it gave me a different message but it could be the same issue.. not sure.. I did compare the two message and they look different.. http://imgur.com/a/Md7ujdg

I'm not familiar with it, so maybe just keep an eye out and see if you get it again. One off things generally aren't too big a deal.

On 1/27/2020 at 4:08 AM, TheEclipseee said:

I'm not familiar with it, so maybe just keep an eye out and see if you get it again. One off things generally aren't too big a deal.

If Im anywhere away from my house I'm ok but it seems like every time I go near it I crash... I do have mods but not too many. And alot of recent videos people upload use them and more but don't have the same problem I have. It could be because my PC doesn't have the memory to handle the game anymore which is really upsetting.. I can't upgrade it right now but hopefully soon and hope that can fix most of my problems.. idk.. I'll try to check if there is a mod I'm using that's messing everything up. But that's gonna really suck if it is a mod..

42 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Just curious, but have you disable/uninstall all the mod's? That would be the first thing I would try with the process of eliminations...

Best of luck.

Regards,

All I've done is just uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game and those mods reinstall as well but I haven't gone deeper than that yet. Later I'm gonna try a mod one by one on a fresh new map. I have a feeling it's one mod in particular but I'm not sure yet. I'll do testings and everything later. Right now I don't have the time. Thanks for the luck.

Edit: Oh and another thing... Ragnarok doesn't seem to crash as much as when I was on Valguero and logging on, my textures we're find. Still on medium which is as much as my PC can run. Then after a while I notice the textures went back to "low" and looking like clay despite my options still on "medium"... Ragnarok never used to do this until the holiday updates.... And I have no idea why or how to fix it. Kinda sick of people saying "Verify Integrity of the files" cuz that doesn't actually work... It'll maybe work for a min but then the graphics will go back to crap. And this is an issue waaaaaay before the crashing.... And even the island has it but I've never had the textures really good on that map anyways.. only the other story arks. So it feels like if it's not one thing it's the other... I either crash and have medium textures.. or don't crash but I gotta play with crap textures..

1 hour ago, Shahra said:

All I've done is just uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game and those mods reinstall as well but I haven't gone deeper than that yet. Later I'm gonna try a mod one by one on a fresh new map. I have a feeling it's one mod in particular but I'm not sure yet. I'll do testings and everything later. Right now I don't have the time. Thanks for the luck.

Edit: Oh and another thing... Ragnarok doesn't seem to crash as much as when I was on Valguero and logging on, my textures we're find. Still on medium which is as much as my PC can run. Then after a while I notice the textures went back to "low" and looking like clay despite my options still on "medium"... Ragnarok never used to do this until the holiday updates.... And I have no idea why or how to fix it. Kinda sick of people saying "Verify Integrity of the files" cuz that doesn't actually work... It'll maybe work for a min but then the graphics will go back to crap. And this is an issue waaaaaay before the crashing.... And even the island has it but I've never had the textures really good on that map anyways.. only the other story arks. So it feels like if it's not one thing it's the other... I either crash and have medium textures.. or don't crash but I gotta play with crap textures..

Sounding like it might be either a memory issue or loading issue. What are you running ARK on? (HDD/ SSD), how old is it, etc. Also, try checking your RAM usage in Task Manager.

Archived