Giga Question

Piffguru

Giga Question

Ive been preparing to do alpha tek cave with 1 tribemate and I am planning on going in with 12 theri's + 8-10 rexes with both of us in full capped tek with 225%+ shotguns and asc tek rifles as backup. My main question is for the cave part, I cloned a 505m giga cause I dont want to lose an imprinted one to clear the cave ahead of the train of other dinos and wondering if a non imprinted giga would fair well against the gigas in the cave.

My giga has 17k life with probably 800+ melee, would he take on the wild gigas with ease or is the lower life from not being imprinted going to be a problem? Of course im going to attempt to lure the gigas into lava but if all goes wrong and its 1v1 how do you think I will fair?

Edit: Oh and it will have 100+ armor saddle btw

I think the giga in there most of the time, are avoidable.  THey often fall into lava, sometimes you never even see them.  You would do better to use a mana for the giga if you choose to go after it(them).  Another solution is to use a megalania or a rock drake to lure them off into the lava. stick to a wall and you can clear lots of mobs just by doing that.

11 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Giga Question

Ive been preparing to do alpha tek cave with 1 tribemate and I am planning on going in with 12 theri's + 8-10 rexes with both of us in full capped tek with 225%+ shotguns and asc tek rifles as backup. My main question is for the cave part, I cloned a 505m giga cause I dont want to lose an imprinted one to clear the cave ahead of the train of other dinos and wondering if a non imprinted giga would fair well against the gigas in the cave.

My giga has 17k life with probably 800+ melee, would he take on the wild gigas with ease or is the lower life from not being imprinted going to be a problem? Of course im going to attempt to lure the gigas into lava but if all goes wrong and its 1v1 how do you think I will fair?

Maybe lol the bleed effect is the issue !! My 34.5 k hp imprinted and 124 saddle may lose at times 15k hp fighting a wild depending if it runs or latency ide just lure them in lava but be prepared incase

7 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I think the giga in there most of the time, are avoidable.  THey often fall into lava, sometimes you never even see them.  You would do better to use a mana for the giga if you choose to go after it(them).  Another solution is to use a megalania or a rock drake to lure them off into the lava. stick to a wall and you can clear lots of mobs just by doing that.

Personally hate the feel of manas and mine is not good by any means so I wont be trying that, the rock drake idea is interesting tho I may bring one to try that but also dont want to get kapro'd or purlovia'd or anything like that but its a good idea I think.

6 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Maybe lol the bleed effect is the issue !! My 34.5 k hp imprinted and 124 saddle may lose at times 15k hp fighting a wild depending if it runs or latency ide just lure them in lava but be prepared incase

Yea id much rather try to lure them in lava but I wouldnt be concerned if I lost the cloned giga

Also Ive seen videos of people taking on the gigas with 100% imprinted gigas that have 30k+ health but only like 330% melee, So I was thinking the difference in my gigas melee may allow it to succeed without the imprint. But of course I dont know their server settings and I will be on official.

What I was gonna try next was 2 man it w/ one on drake and second on a yuti w/ the a few rexes on follow.  Yuti roars, purplovs come out, shotgun to their faces, use a little holiday candy on the drake and run down grab all the agro and drop everything into the lava.  Head back, hop on a rex, help lead them to the final stage. And since i have enough spinos to spare, i'd bring one on follow w/ the drake at least until it gets dicey(since on follow it can keep up).  If i get knocked off, my baby will protect me while i'm buzzed.

The only fancy animal you really need is the rexes.  If you use semi current public ones out, you will breeze through it.  All the others used to get down there could be trash w/ 124 saddles really.  THat would make any failure very mild. Though if u bring 4 rexes, bring 1 extra in case 1 gets a hot bath.

Archived