Alpha Raptor near my base

AirplaneSlider

With a Trike's knockback it is possible to solo an Alpha Raptor.  But it will be a LONG dance of strike at the right time and moving to keep your Trike in the ideal strike range.  And sticking to that ideal range will get difficult when you run out of stamina.  If done perfectly you can do this with no damage.  I honestly don't know what kind of losses you should expect sending in your tames.  I killed my very first Alpha (Raptor) using a Trike.

If you have an Argy you can fly just right above it's head and strike it without taking any damage.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

I recommend building a trap for the raptor (stone doorframes and ramps) and then killing it with a bow/crossbow. Shoot it in the head for extra damage.

I know normal raptors cannot break wood, so can alpha raptors break stone? I am wondering because it’s easier to make a wooden trap.

3 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Alpha Raptor near my base

An alpha raptor level 65 recently spawned near my base.

I have 7 trikes each with about 600 health and 220% melee damage. 

Will they be able to kill the alpha raptor level 65, or should I bring my 5 dilos along with the trikes?

Thanks

i hope you didnt fight it lol 600 health is not even close to enough the melee sure a rex is your best bet the dilos would die probably

2 hours ago, PertySlick said:

Please don't try that. lol

That used to be possible. I killed an alpha raptor and alpha carno at the same time once, but then the great flyer nerf happened. I am sure one could still do it  but it would take FOREVER. Also you would be outta luck if one of his raptor friends showed up and yoinked you off your flier.

32 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

That used to be possible. I killed an alpha raptor and alpha carno at the same time once, but then the great flyer nerf happened. I am sure one could still do it  but it would take FOREVER. Also you would be outta luck if one of his raptor friends showed up and yoinked you off your flier.

I'm sure it was very possible before the pounce attack was added.  And now that the pounce animation can dismount so much easier I would be surprised if you could consistently pull this attack off without getting yoinked from your ride.  But I could be wrong as I am not willing to try ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

I'm sure it was very possible before the pounce attack was added.  And now that the pounce animation can dismount so much easier I would be surprised if you could consistently pull this attack off without getting yoinked from your ride.  But I could be wrong as I am not willing to try ;)

Alpha raptors can't pounce.

5 hours ago, PertySlick said:

That pounce attack is ridiculous, they don't even have to do the animation, a time or two on videos on youtube they just got close and got yoinked.

3 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

That pounce attack is ridiculous, they don't even have to do the animation, a time or two on videos on youtube they just got close and got yoinked.

bruh

i got pounced off a roll rat. this was a roll rat levelled for speed. speed roll rats are FAST. somehow this wild raptor managed to jump on me through the metal cage saddle (that not even turrets can shoot through) while I was travelling at literally the speed that my computer can load the terrain. i went from the speed of light to being pinned on the ground in an instant. i should have died from the g-forces. i hate raptors.

1 hour ago, whoareyou said:

bruh

i got pounced off a roll rat. this was a roll rat levelled for speed. speed roll rats are FAST. somehow this wild raptor managed to jump on me through the metal cage saddle (that not even turrets can shoot through) while I was travelling at literally the speed that my computer can load the terrain. i went from the speed of light to being pinned on the ground in an instant. i should have died from the g-forces. i hate raptors.

I hate that new feature too, I got pounced off my owl, only SHE was the one that got pinned! Same for my argent!

1 hour ago, IanHighlander said:

"New" feature? The Raptor pounce was brought into the game in the TLC v2 (v279.22 if you're on PC) which was March 2018, nearly two years ago ?

Raptors can now pin pretty much everything after a semi recent update. I've heard of straight up WYVERNS getting pinned. Used to just be small creatures.

6 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

"New" feature? The Raptor pounce was brought into the game in the TLC v2 (v279.22 if you're on PC) which was March 2018, nearly two years ago ?

It's been updated since.  It dismounts you earlier to give you a short window to avoid the actual pin.  I cannot drop carried Raptors from my Argy anymore without it pinning me in mid-air as soon as I release it.

Archived