Is Genesis worth it for a Medium Tribe ?

Koli2556

Hello

We are a 3 mans tribe, we have a medium size building, some dinos, two gigas (soon to be 3), some rexes, all kind of flyers, ankies, etc..

Now my question is do you think a new DLC such as genesis is worth to go to, for a medium size tribe like us ? Is it gonna be useless, or even bad since it might slow us in our growth ?

What do you think of that situation ? And do you plan on going to genesis, if yes, what kind of tribe are you ? Why are you even doing it ? 

If you are on PVE I would say go for it 100%. I mostly play solo and have a base on every map but if its PVP that you play then consider your options like

-Do you want to risk losing what you have being raided whilst taking on the early game grind on genesis (Which will be insanely fun regardless of lag and mayhem that will be there for sure in the early days)

-Do you have adequate spare time between you to maintain and feed multiple servers as well as taming and breeding the new creatures that will be out (I cant wait to make a breedline of the new sabertooth it will be nice to bring some focus back to sabres for established players)

Honestly regardless of your situation I would suggest at least exploring Genesis together with your friends as a shiny new DLC brings so much joy back to the game. Theres nothing better than trying to survive an unknown environment and finding things you've never seen before. Also its insane getting jumped by/fighting off the new creatures/bosses for the first time. 

All we gotta do now is wait for the map to be released. I would suggest making a new character now and levelling them up as much as possible to send over if you don't already have one spare to do so (in case like when ab came out getting your main character back was hard to find drops and upload). If you happen to spot me in any servers feel free to say Hi :)
Always character named DAZZ and tribe is almost always 'Couples Therapy'. I play with my wife sometimes but mostly solo (Mostly EU servers)

2 hours ago, Koli2556 said:

Damnnn you've actually hyped me so much !! x)

We are playing on PVE so i think we'll definetely go for it, i have never done a "map rush" on day 1 realease of a dlc, since i'm not a really old player. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate

Yes!!I believe you'll be just fine;) I'm solo for the most part and manage well

Ask yourself this question, would I have wanted to try out Extinction/Aberration when they released if I was able? 

New maps are soooo much fun in both PvP and pve. I know you said you play pve, but if you did play PvP then I'd tell you to get yourself a reaper/purlovia/basilisk and stash your loot in there and go hard on Genesis.

19 hours ago, VeeTea said:

Ask yourself this question, would I have wanted to try out Extinction/Aberration when they released if I was able? 

New maps are soooo much fun in both PvP and pve. I know you said you play pve, but if you did play PvP then I'd tell you to get yourself a reaper/purlovia/basilisk and stash your loot in there and go hard on Genesis.

only issue with that is all those dinos can be unburrowed/damaged using any weapon that deals explosive dmg even flame arrows.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:26 PM, Koli2556 said:

Hello

We are a 3 mans tribe, we have a medium size building, some dinos, two gigas (soon to be 3), some rexes, all kind of flyers, ankies, etc..

Now my question is do you think a new DLC such as genesis is worth to go to, for a medium size tribe like us ? Is it gonna be useless, or even bad since it might slow us in our growth ?

What do you think of that situation ? And do you plan on going to genesis, if yes, what kind of tribe are you ? Why are you even doing it ? 

Tribe is better than solo. Surviving is a joke  with help of tribe mates in pve but you loose starting from the start experience.

Anyway not all dinos will be useful in new environment as in map of provenience. Probably will need to tame new  genesis dinos and learn to use them.

So even if you are not solo and helped with tribe mates will be a lot to do there.

And we don't know jet if transfers of dinos, structures etc will be possible from start (count in  account things like lag, bugs , danger near  genesis obelisk or other type of receiver and similar)

On 1/25/2020 at 1:07 AM, Noa said:

Tribe is better than solo. Surviving is a joke  with help of tribe mates in pve but you loose starting from the start experience.

Anyway not all dinos will be useful in new environment as in map of provenience. Probably will need to tame new  genesis dinos and learn to use them.

So even if you are not solo and helped with tribe mates will be a lot to do there.

And we don't know jet if transfers of dinos, structures etc will be possible from start (count in  account things like lag, bugs , danger near  genesis obelisk or other type of receiver and similar)

100% Transfers will not be open from day 1 for dinos/items/structures. Every DLC is character transfer only to begin with.

Archived