Quetzle Starving ????

ANGRYVIKING

Quetzle Starving ????

Is it me or is there a problem with baby Quertzels? I have stack of meat in the baby but it just dies of starvation. this has happened on 3 separate occasions now, once immediately once hatched, another at 4.2% mat and then again at 9%. Im an experienced Breeder so am aware of what Im doing just these babies seem to be bugged?

THey die while you were watching them, or were you out of render at the time of death?   There is a known issue where babies will stop eating from inventory if noone is around the zone to load it into memory. 

The only way I could see them dying right out of an egg is if it was a super low level or some combination of that and lag somehow being enough, usually you have several minutes before starving to death will occur from a fresh hatch.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I doubt "it's just you" but this time it wasn't me... I just raised several quetzal during the last event. I even left render, and logged off of the server leaving stacks of meat in their inventory, and they were fine. One of them I left while it was at like 8% or something, and I gave him rows of meat, and he was able to switch to troughs when juvi kicked in, but with out me online - which is another potential glitch. So multiple glitches were averted with mine. Idk why some times you get arked, yet sometimes ya don't when you do the exact same process. :/ 

there's a number of carnivore babies (rex, yuty, giga, quetz, etc) that will stop eating when you're out of render, and sometimes will just stop eating while you're in render. The latter is very rare, but it happens to me once or twice a month and podding/unpodding tends to fix. The former is likely deliberate and was either to stop some kind of exploit back in the day, or because of optimization reasons the server calculates that raw meat rots first before determining whether your baby ate the raw meat (logically it should be in reverse order, but it simply isn't for whatever reason).

There is one workaround, and that is to cook up piles of basic kibble (or any tier of kibble if that's easier for you) and stuff babies full of kibble if you're going to be offline or out of render for an extended period of time. crumplecorn doesn't show the correct numbers for kibble since the kibble overhaul, and it is more effective now for feeding babies. Jerky works as well, but that's quite a bit more expensive than basic kibble imo.

The other alternative is to micromanage your babies, and between that and having a good basic kibble factory setup, I personally find the latter to be easier and less time consuming.

edit: I should also add that you personally don't have to be in render range, any player will do. If you have neighbors that are close enough, or your base is in a busy area with lots of traffic, you can leave your base and babies will be fine with enough raw meat, so long as someone is in render range of them and they don't get the rare bug that I first talked about.

2 hours ago, Swordguy said:

there's a number of carnivore babies (rex, yuty, giga, quetz, etc) that will stop eating when you're out of render, and sometimes will just stop eating while you're in render. The latter is very rare, but it happens to me once or twice a month and podding/unpodding tends to fix. The former is likely deliberate and was either to stop some kind of exploit back in the day, or because of optimization reasons the server calculates that raw meat rots first before determining whether your baby ate the raw meat (logically it should be in reverse order, but it simply isn't for whatever reason).

There is one workaround, and that is to cook up piles of basic kibble (or any tier of kibble if that's easier for you) and stuff babies full of kibble if you're going to be offline or out of render for an extended period of time. crumplecorn doesn't show the correct numbers for kibble since the kibble overhaul, and it is more effective now for feeding babies. Jerky works as well, but that's quite a bit more expensive than basic kibble imo.

The other alternative is to micromanage your babies, and between that and having a good basic kibble factory setup, I personally find the latter to be easier and less time consuming.

edit: I should also add that you personally don't have to be in render range, any player will do. If you have neighbors that are close enough, or your base is in a busy area with lots of traffic, you can leave your base and babies will be fine with enough raw meat, so long as someone is in render range of them and they don't get the rare bug that I first talked about.

Not a single dino, baby or adult will eat when noone renders them. They simply go into stasis.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:08 AM, ANGRYVIKING said:

they died infront of my eyes, it was horrific 3 times this has happened on seperate occasions to me, and this has also been a issue to another tribe member on the island map i play on rag

Haha, i use S+ and incubate hundreds of eggs then hatch 20 at a time and murder all the ones without a mutation using a Thyla called the grinder. How do you feel about that :D 

On 2/20/2020 at 6:52 PM, Glydyr said:

Haha, i use S+ and incubate hundreds of eggs then hatch 20 at a time and murder all the ones without a mutation using a Thyla called the grinder. How do you feel about that :D 

if im honest im glad you have fun, I mutate thylas heavily so im constantly killing dinos :)

Archived