MAC OS Completely Broken

RevolutionaryDeal6

MAC OS Completely Broken on Ark: Survival Evolved.

Isn't it funny how Wildcard advertises that the game works on the different PC platforms, but every one of them is broken besides Windows Steam version?

Linux isn't as bad as MAC OS. (linux has loads of graphical bugs, and abysmal performance, but nothing even close to Mac)

I have a fairly powerful mac that can run all games at their highest settings so none of these issues are related to having bad hardware.

I found all of these issues from playing the game for less than 10 minutes:
-The movement is completely broken when you move your mouse... it's like it only moves on a X,Y axis and that's it.

-Even on a GTX 1080 and a i7 7700, I get around 12 FPS on the lowest settings and get constant stutters.

-A couple weeks ago, MAC OS was behind almost 4 months in update(are you f**king kidding me Wildcard? Imagine bracing through the hell of this to only have your animals starve to death and your base get raided just because Wildcard won't update the game on time)...

-The main menu is completely broken and only runs at 800x600 resolution, and the sounds are almost completely broken. I can hear a bronto walking besides me but there is no bronto in sight.

-The game crashes CONSTANTLY when trying to load in large structures and crashes a lot when changing graphical settings.

This frustrates me BEYOND anything else, because Wilcard has neglected to enforce their Windows 10 Store version of Ark as well.. it's almost completely broken!

If you aren't going to support the platform, don't advertise it on the store FFS! Imagine how many people you have decieved thinking they were buying a functional version of the game.

Unbelievable... I can only hope these issues are seen through. @Cedric

Yeah

And every major patch means you can't play AT ALL for at least 2 weeks. It is totally bullpoop. I don't want to set a low bar for wildcard but after several years of this, I don't think it's worth wasting your breath, just find another game if you prefer Mac/Linux. 

It is kinda corrupt and immoral of both wildcard and steam to continue to sell ARK to Linux/Mac users, especially with the ridiculous refund policy. 

40 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

Yeah

And every major patch means you can't play AT ALL for at least 2 weeks. It is totally bullpoop. I don't want to set a low bar for wildcard but after several years of this, I don't think it's worth wasting your breath, just find another game if you prefer Mac/Linux. 

It is kinda corrupt and immoral of both wildcard and steam to continue to sell ARK to Linux/Mac users, especially with the ridiculous refund policy. 

Yes, every PC patch is delayed for every platform besides the steam Windows version. What a joke...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, SamWam said:

Hi there, does anyone know if its possible to run Ark through bootcamp on a mac? My friend and I are trying to play together, I have windows and she has a Mac and the versions are different because they won't update the Mac version.

Yes I play on a windows 10 boot camp partition on my Mac. Runs perfect 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived