Community Crunch 214: Valentines Day 5, On The Horizon, and EVO Event

Cedric

6 minutes ago, SuaveHyena said:

It is mainly about attitude though. The typical attitude we have seen from boomers about "kids these days" and "my generation was better" is not exclusive to boomers and also quite common in millennials.

Wiki explains:

""OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and internet meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby boomer generation. "

"The phrase "OK Boomer" is a pejorative retort used to dismiss or mock perceived narrow-minded, outdated, negatively-judgemental, or condescending attitudes of older people, particularly baby boomers. "

As you can see, it is not exclusively used on actual boomers.

3 minutes ago, SuaveHyena said:

Found the zoomer ^^

Gonna stop derailing the discussion here though.

im just bored i just needed a little giggle 

23 hours ago, Shukie said:

Man. ARK is really showing its true colors as wildcard continue to hide and ignore the "Genesis problem" and haven't mentioned a damn thing in about 2 months. No more item teasers or previews. Words on the release date. Or anything.

I heard that  cedric may say something about genesis this week on twitter. owo

If wild card needs more time for the DLC, they should never have given a release date so early. Every DLC released has always been a month off. If something unexpected happens then come out and say it. But what they should normally do is say the release date is 1-2 months after the expected release. If they expect it to be out in December, they should say its being released February. Gives you time to fix bugs and I don't think anyone would be upset you released it early

The DLCs don't have much new content which is a let down especially since we have to wait longer. 5 new dinos and items are not worth $20 every time especially because they are DLC exclusive to the maps. I get it some resources are only available in certain maps but add new items for all maps. And less tek stuff. We need more prehistoric and pre modern day stuff. Those should be the focus

It's important to remember that ARK in every way possible will eventually bring your expectations to zero. I can tell how long someone has been playing ARK by how often they are disappointed when something doesn't go the way they expected. The same goes for Wildcard Studios. The fish rots from the head, so don't expect much and assume all hype is just hot air.

If you pre-ordered Genesis and are upset they keep delaying the launch, that's on you. buying a pre-order for a physical product that has some kind of supply limit or scarcity makes sense, but there is no supply limit with Genesis, and you aren't missing anything important by waiting until launch. If you do pre-order Genesis, Wildcard probably assumes that you are doing so because you want to support them, and that you are intelligent enough to comprehend what you are paying for. 

Personally I just don't pre-order. period. It's a business model that encourages moral hazard in the gaming industry. That being said, ARK is one of the few kickstarter/early access games that panned out, and Wildcard should be applauded for that, but don't get mad at them because you are bad with your money, or have expectations that don't match reality. Just ask anyone who's been playing ARK since early access, and they'll confirm as much.

Edited by Swordguy
  • Like 3

That point in ark where they keep you in the dark about the newest shiny thing they dangled in front of us all. Yet, I log in the official ab server I play on to discover 2 people made out with over 500 cryopoded tames of my tribe's by going into the mesh, bypassing all our defenses, and we have to just accept it because if we put mesh defenses up we get banned. However, the perpetrators that cheat get away scotch free because even if they get banned their MAC addresses and ip will not be banned. So when is Genesis coming out because I have spent money on this game as have a multitude of others. 

Yo, I didn't pay nearly 40 USD for the dlc to already be delayed (just like literally every other dlc before) last minute just for y'all to put it under the rug on a post LITERALLY CALLED "ON THE HORIZON". I expected the first part, but what gives? Can y'all stop playing for once!

Edited by DMPetee

On 1/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, FreezeGoD said:

Yes, because Extinction worked and wasnt a buggy mess after the 4 times of being delayed.

Welp they are probably learning from their mistakes, idk not making excuses just saying. We honestly don’t know what’s going on over on their end of the spectrum. Worst case scenario get a refund lol ? 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:16 PM, SDGBlue said:

There is a difference this time they charged people ahead of time with an expected release date, if they didn't do this bs season pass poop there wouldn't be as much of an uproar people feel cheated out of their money.

No difference this time.  People were charged for the last season pass with general release times(like this time) and delays happened both with Aberration and Extinction. Again traditionally there are 2 delays each time and this time is no different....   

As for cheated, that's just plain silly/entitlement ranting.  You're still getting the content its just delayed.  If they were to not give the dlc and just took the money, -that- could constitute the meaning of "cheated out of their money". That's not what's happening here. 

I'm sure you'll be teeth gnashing once its released too and then again when there are delays next winter for part 2 and the eventual disgruntlement of things upon release.

I get it, you like to complain but its just really inane.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:18 PM, mercdeking said:

is there any thought of making ark crossplay on xbox/ps4?

Its not up to Wildcard and this topic has been beaten to a mushy pulp.  Xbox and PS4 and Steam platform owners (ie Microsoft, Sony and Valve respectively) have made the decision to not work together. Devs have stated that its possible have all of them crossplay and have set up this internally but their hands are tied until such time as those companies say yes.

Thus complain to them not Wildcard.

On 1/26/2020 at 4:52 AM, Novarae said:

Its not up to Wildcard and this topic has been beaten to a mushy pulp.  Xbox and PS4 and Steam platform owners (ie Microsoft, Sony and Valve respectively) have made the decision to not work together. Devs have stated that its possible have all of them crossplay and have set up this internally but their hands are tied until such time as those companies say yes.

Thus complain to them not Wildcard.

it was a question not a complain, keep your answer simple and dont add to it