Community Crunch 214: Valentines Day 5, On The Horizon, and EVO Event

Cedric

I have a feeling that they aren't sure of releasing it now or delaying it a bit longer.

As if there are several bugs that popped up testing, which has a question if it can be fixed prior to the end of january.

Not knowing wether they could fix them to release it on time  or when problems occur with fixing them to delay it.

So it may still be released in January (or not).

A small headsup would be nice for everyone tough, than people can complain about other stuff :P.

12 hours ago, NickLiber93 said:

I’m not in any rush for this Genesis DLC... yes I paid for it and yes I’ll get it soon. Yes we’ve been told this that and the other, but at the end of the day I’d rather them release it and it works, instead of releasing it and it’s buggy. Let’s focus on the bigger picture, these events are fun and give us new things to do in the game, I’m excited for it since I lost all my chibis...and let’s discuss the real problem... when is the next maturation boost? I have gigas that need raising and a life outside of ARK. ?

Yes, because Extinction worked and wasnt a buggy mess after the 4 times of being delayed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am happy about the VDay news... What would make me even happier is if there was a code I could use to disable event structure decay/despawn when switching or disabling events. I really would ? to be able to make a house that has a different holiday themes for each room, I.E. Valentine's day themed bedroom, Easter decore in the dining room and Xmas tree, lights and such in the living room. Food for thought

19 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

People !!!!!! Patience.. if they release too early it will be poop ...if you muiltiply that poop then divide it in half it's still poop .let them fix it sheesh !!! 

it's not a matter of waiting for it to be fixed or not, it's the complete lack of information they are giving us about it. im fine with waiting longer for it as much as i don't want to but, if they don't tell us it only frustrates the community. most of us paid for it and expected it in December.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sluggo5 said:

it's not a matter of waiting for it to be fixed or not, it's the complete lack of information they are giving us about it. im fine with waiting longer for it as much as i don't want to but, if they don't tell us it only frustrates the community. most of us paid for it and expected it in December.

hey as long as there's not a ton of bugs that break the game ill be ok!

9 minutes ago, sluggo5 said:

But it was also delayed until  the 28th..today is the 22ND lol 

6 minutes ago, SuaveHyena said:

Don't worry. Millennials can still be boomers or zoomers. It's about their attitude, not the year they were born.

No!! Lol they can't!!! Not born after the baby boomer era or after millennial era!! Totally  different views !! Only zoomers say ok boomer to a millennial...Google is nice!!xD I would never say!!back in my day hajajjaja

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

No!! Lol they can't!!! Not born after the baby boomer era or after millennial era!! Totally  different views !! Only zoomers say ok boomer to a millennial...Google is nice!!xD I would never say!!back in my day hajajjaja

My bad. I forgot a person's views are entirely dictated by when they were born!

1 hour ago, Falleo said:

It is clear what will happen, on the 28th they close the legacy servers and on the 31st at night the genesis is launched occupying the spaces of the legacy servers. ??

Doubtful!! Lol seeing  how on legacy pve we still have 30 servers!! And only 4-5 closed on legacy pve!! And we the legacy community will have Genesis aswell^^

2 minutes ago, SuaveHyena said:

My bad. I forgot a person's views are entirely dictated by when they were born!

In 2020 it is sadly lol like my wife is generation x but my kids say she's a boomer xDnot to mention the reason these names came about are based on age/era born^^

Edited by Lycan187u

Refund requested on steam for Genesis, I can deal with it being delayed how ever long is needed to ensure its less buggy on release. What I wont accept is being given a release date, then a rough period for release, then total silence on the subject. Its obviously not coming out this month or they would have given a date in this feed. Ill wait and watch the reviews now, I wonder if they can redeem themselves.

Edited by Dreadlockninja

14 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

In 2020 it is sadly lol like my wife is generation x but my kids say she's a boomer xDnot to mention the reason these names came about are based on age/era born^^

It is mainly about attitude though. The typical attitude we have seen from boomers about "kids these days" and "my generation was better" is not exclusive to boomers and also quite common in millennials.

Wiki explains:

""OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and internet meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby boomer generation. "

"The phrase "OK Boomer" is a pejorative retort used to dismiss or mock perceived narrow-minded, outdated, negatively-judgemental, or condescending attitudes of older people, particularly baby boomers. "

As you can see, it is not exclusively used on actual boomers.

Edited by SuaveHyena

2 minutes ago, SuaveHyena said:

It is mainly about attitude though. The typical attitude we have seen from boomers about "kids these days" and "my generation was better" is not exclusive to boomers and also quite common in millennials.

Wiki explains:

""OK Boomer" is a catchphrase and internet meme that gained popularity among younger cohorts from 2019, used to dismiss or mock attitudes stereotypically attributed to the baby boomer generation. "

"The phrase "OK Boomer" is a pejorative retort used to dismiss or mock perceived narrow-minded, outdated, negatively-judgemental, or condescending attitudes of older people, particularly baby boomers. "

As you can see, it is not exclusively used on actual boomers.

ok boomer 

Just now, SuaveHyena said:

Wiki explains:

I agree 100%.... But today it's all about ageism xD