Community Crunch 214: Valentines Day 5, On The Horizon, and EVO Event

Cedric

2 hours ago, SLlCK said:

This is not release date.  What you posted above is common practice for video games without release dates.  If a game dev says they are releasing a new game in 2021 and you go to preorder it, the release date will say Dec 31 2021 because there is no official release date . They just pick the last possible day of the year, or in this case month, and call it a release date. That way they cover every possible day.  It is not official, it does not come from the developers, it is an estimate using the given information at hand.  

You're right.

why don't you upgrade some legacy servers to official servers?

it is a lack of consideration for people who have played ark for a long time or ended up on a legacy server without knowing . Release the transfer of legacy *PVE* servers to official, nobody will lose anything, only the wildcard itself will lose the old players.

• Like 1

I’m not in any rush for this Genesis DLC... yes I paid for it and yes I’ll get it soon. Yes we’ve been told this that and the other, but at the end of the day I’d rather them release it and it works, instead of releasing it and it’s buggy. Let’s focus on the bigger picture, these events are fun and give us new things to do in the game, I’m excited for it since I lost all my chibis...and let’s discuss the real problem... when is the next maturation boost? I have gigas that need raising and a life outside of ARK. ?

Bahahahaha! 

WC has no clue after all this time. Have not learned a single thing about communication. Looks like my original post about a February/March release date was correct! When I saw December I laughed out loud and said to my wife "Ya right! Not with Christmas". Here we are. Those of us who have been here for a while are not surprised. WC will keep it up. Then they will drop it with little notice to try and make it feel quicker, rather than update. 

Now the next question will be - once they actually give a firm date - will they delay that? 

• Thanks 1

Radio silence on a DLC with pre-orders that has already been delayed is scummy. I'm sorry but it absolutely is. If you're afraid that people will lash out, fine, but you're better off facing those fears instead of appearing shady. People definitely have the right to be upset and I'm sure WC is also stressed out about this so I get both sides, but still, this could be handled better. Also, to those saying that they'd rather it be delayed for more fixes, that's all well and good but we all know the game will launch with issues. Usually it takes players reporting certain things before they're even aware of certain issues so in a way releasing is a good thing, but not if it's totally broken which I assume is the case by this silence. Do the right thing for the community and be more transparent please.

I was hoping this time things would be different, for once. 

Edited by Thalana
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, theASCHE360 said:

Come on! tell us that Genesis is going to be delayed again! waiting expecting the worst is not fun :(

No need to explicitly tell you. With the legacy closures coming at the end of January(ie freeing up server space for genesis map needs), the lack of any more discussions concerning genesis(ie all dark on communication of such), its pretty easy to see we're in store for  the traditional 2nd delay historically that we get on each dlc(sans SE).

Not really a bad thing to be honest.  Once you're accustomed to this and how the first week or two plays out when released with issues and such, hype and impatience really aren't warranted.

Edited by Novarae

35 minutes ago, Novarae said:

No need to explicitly tell you. With the legacy closures coming at the end of January(ie freeing up server space for genesis map needs), the lack of any more discussions concerning genesis(ie all dark on communication of such), its pretty easy to see we're in store for  the traditional 2nd delay historically that we get on each dlc(sans SE).

Not really a bad thing to be honest.  Once you're accustomed to this and how the first week or two plays out when released with issues and such, hype and impatience really aren't warranted.

There is a difference this time they charged people ahead of time with an expected release date, if they didn't do this bs season pass poop there wouldn't be as much of an uproar people feel cheated out of their money.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucas0202 said:

why don't you upgrade some legacy servers to official servers?

it is a lack of consideration for people who have played ark for a long time or ended up on a legacy server without knowing . Release the transfer of legacy *PVE* servers to official, nobody will lose anything, only the wildcard itself will lose the old players.

Due to the lack of honesty and respect for people who play ARK, many friends have stopped playing or decreased their frequency on ARK. Anyone who knows me knows that I was a fan of merging servers today, looking at the situation. I'm against.
The player on a legacy server, learned not to be spoiled by GM, he solves his problems directly and knows how to lose, even when the failure is due to a game programming error.

Legacy is a ultra-hardcore game style, hated by many players on the new server, takes a beating from the Staff team, survives total neglect; Until a legacy server update, they are the last to go online ... the 504SA has always been the last and, on several occasions, takes half an hour longer than any other. today, I wonder why to continue if the only thing I liked the most was laughing with friends from the legacy; if I don't have the slightest respect for the team, I don't bother GM, but I tell the truth. I buy DLCs and the only thing I see are threats, lies and mischief, selling a DLC amid so many failures, be a player (who is not part of the staff) with an administrator account on a new server doing what he does either or worse, a GM adding several mek to an island beach on purpose. I would like to know if it is worth continuing in the midst of so much destroying. because selling a DLC without being able to monitor and inspect this mess seems to beg for crumbs without worrying about who buys it.