Community Crunch 214: Valentines Day 5, On The Horizon, and EVO Event

Cedric

All of you that want a refund well it sucks to be you. You have been enjoying genesis already, are you unhappy with your ghost, whoops ghosts are from Destiny lol the little floaty information thing. That is genesis content pretty sure you can only get a refund if you haven't utilized the new product, so yea lol

19 minutes ago, Shukie said:

Man. ARK is really showing its true colors as wildcard continue to hide and ignore the "Genesis problem" and haven't mentioned a damn thing in about 2 months. No more item teasers or previews. Words on the release date. Or anything.

Funny thing is, you can just google the release date, set for JANUARY 31 if no delay.

• Facepalm 1

Everyone's complaining about the Genesis release date, but I just want to say that you guys should delay it as much as necessary so it's not an unplayable buggy mess whenever it finally gets released. Playing on a stable, functional map later is better than playing on a map full of invisible dinos and broken mechanics that crashes constantly now.

But given your track record I'm not terribly optimistic that delays will improve the quality all that much.

good to know valentines won't be cancelled because of genesis part one. Even more of an opportunity for pve legacy players to move to official now to take advantage of spring events and get established. When genesis part two drops, which servers do you think are going to get wiped? Also, my toon needs chocolates, lots of chocolates... YOU HEAR ME WILDCARD?!! 

Personally I prefer a delay regarding Genesis. Doesn't matter how long. IF (and i stress IF), they will release a DLC that is at least half or less broken than Extinction was. Any rush and childish complaining about it begs for disaster; and the whining will increase.

I don't want any more server wipes because of bugs after the release, I don't want broken spawns of end-game creatures in your base, I don't want server crashes, exploits that enable looting on PvE, creatures dying during lag spikes or stuck in meshes. I am sick of these things that keep persisting and sometimes only get exacerbated with each patch and update. I finally want a polished, sufficiently tested out DLC that justifies every cent I spent on it.

No rush; any delay is acceptable; people understand if you keep them informed. Just do a better job. What releases have been before can't be imposed as an acceptable standard, sorry to say this Ark Team. You need to do better.

Edited by Oieru
  • Like 1

All of you complaining  about you bought genesis so you deserve to know when its released is your own fault. stop buying preorders from poopty game studios like this one. you gave them your money already and now they will do what ever they wants since they already cash the check in

Edited by Lolsteven

38 minutes ago, OGArk said:

How about... now here me out, instead of working on rolling out these events spend more time on rolling out Genesis which people have spent money on for a pre-order which originally had a release date in December 2019. At the very least provide some more transparency into a possible release date, why the original release date was false, or perhaps start issuing refunds.

guess its time to learn the golden rule of buying videogames:

NO PREORDERS!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Shukie said:

Man. ARK is really showing its true colors as wildcard continue to hide and ignore the "Genesis problem" and haven't mentioned a damn thing in about 2 months. No more item teasers or previews. Words on the release date. Or anything.

They have said plenty just not here. There is no point in giving a release date for people to complain about when they could just wait till it is done and ready then tell everyone

1 minute ago, BlueberryJackal said:

guess its time to learn the golden rule of buying videogames:

NO PREORDERS!

Time to add a fine print to this "golden rule" (no such thing)

NO PREORDERS! Unless you are confident in the series or new entry. If you know it's your kind of genre or so on then it won't hurt a thing. At the end of the day how you receive a games is entirely up to you and not up to anyone else or any review online. 

I hope they drop it and don't say a word about a release date. Over the years I get tired of listening to all the people whining how they took the day off of work and release date was missed.  I haven't had this much suspense and excitement since Scorched Earth was released. Although I won't lie. Knowing it should  be coming within the next week or two has kinda killed doing anything in game for me. 

I like your game and dont want to be angry but, all game suggestion and all thing about that change nothing.. 

And genesis? Dont want this DLC now because i know its all bug but seriously.. accept bug since 2015 but now change your communication, say sorry we are late like all time because WC is not rockstar, yeah de know that but please SERIOUSLY we have bug since 2015 alway here!!! Time to do something, i dont buy genesis yet because of that

I really feel bad for WC. I am worried about those guys. They published a release date for their next DLC. They even received payment from a large group of people for said DLC. Then they postponed it a month now possibly 2. The back lash will be great if it doesn't drop before the last day of January. With them already advertising an event in February and silence on the project they sold. Well it doesn't look good for ole wildcard. Either they are keeping it a great secret or they have failed to deliver what they sold. Oh the refunds that are now to late to apply for. Yikes. I have been with Ark since early access, and sadly this happens every DLC.