DLC

AxisMundi

DLC

How come Wildcard are kicking out DLC when the games broke lol, gotta be about those big bucks huh. I logged in after 2 days outage due to the "sorry cannot find address issue" last night. I genuinely can't think of a time playing video games where a particular game has been down for 2 days straight for a percentage of the community. Personally Wildcard and companies like Wildcard are the reason why gaming needs heavily regulating and fines handed out when they, firstly kick out broke ass games and secondly prioritise their cash grab DLC over fixing the damn thing.  Ultimately some regulatory body should be in a position to completely shut down companies pending fixes etc. The gaming industry is like the Wild West though, where anything goes. I write that because if I was to buy a car knowingly sold to me broke, and the seller refused a refund and/or fixing it I'd be in a position legally to take them to court. 

We're the townsfolk and Wildcard are the sneaky cheating merchant selling snake oil. 

2 hours ago, AxisMundi said:

DLC

How come Wildcard are kicking out DLC when the games broke lol, gotta be about those big bucks huh. I logged in after 2 days outage due to the "sorry cannot find address issue" last night. I genuinely can't think of a time playing video games where a particular game has been down for 2 days straight for a percentage of the community. Personally Wildcard and companies like Wildcard are the reason why gaming needs heavily regulating and fines handed out when they, firstly kick out broke ass games and secondly prioritise their cash grab DLC over fixing the damn thing.  Ultimately some regulatory body should be in a position to completely shut down companies pending fixes etc. The gaming industry is like the Wild West though, where anything goes. I write that because if I was to buy a car knowingly sold to me broke, and the seller refused a refund and/or fixing it I'd be in a position legally to take them to court. 

We're the townsfolk and Wildcard are the sneaky cheating merchant selling snake oil. 

Only 2 days outage?

I dedicate this song to you:

2 hours ago, AxisMundi said:

DLC

My game is working fine?if playing on a console\potatoe  u get what you pay for xD

9 minutes ago, AxisMundi said:

"minor inconvenience" we're clearly not talking about the same game then.

Problem not since your posting in the pc general discussion  forum...clearly your on console.I'd suggest posting to the appropriate  subforum....

On 1/21/2020 at 6:17 AM, AxisMundi said:

DLC

.....You think WC is the reason gaming needs regulated? That's laughable, considering companies like 2K and EA exist. I think you need to do some more research, WC has done nothing even approaching illegality (not counting the non-compete lawsuit at the companies' beginning). EA, meanwhile, has singlehandedly been bad enough to draw the ire of various world governments... and then there's Epic Games... let's not get started. My point is, you're vastly overstating the state of the issues in Ark, and have made yourself seem woefully uneducated as far as the workings of the gaming industry as a whole.

Also, as far as the whole "broken car" analogy goes, odds are you'd be laughed out of court. There's a reason the adage "Let the buyer beware" is a thing.

Archived