Too Many Structures nearby - single player

TroyParry

Too Many Structures nearby - single player

I’m playing single player and spent countless hours laying down a 1-2 pillar “floor” with ceilings over the river. It’s connected to my large base. I’m finally at the stage of placing down defenses, feed troughs, lighting etc, however it won’t even let me begin that due to this “too many structures” error. The strange thing is, it lets me place more things down closer to the core of my base, which has heaps of structures, but it’s not letting me place new items further away where there’s hardly any structures at all. Logic?

Building stuff was the only reason I had left go play this game, but this unmentioned limitation has suddenly put an end to that. I’m left with an unfinished base with no logical way out. I tried deleting stuff like ceilings, and it wouldn’t even let me put the ceilings back.

why the limits on single player???

73523664-CC81-4C7C-AADE-8ED9BC146FD1.jpeg

I can build everywhere outside this red circle, however inside the red circle is a lot of areas which have nothing built at all - including outside my battlement walls.

I was putting down Stone crop plots (plant X), with stone irrigation pipes running into the water below the ceilings, that’s what I was doing which triggered this problem to start happening.

below is the view from under the ceilings. I was conservative with the pillars. After deleting 2 steps to access this area, I wasn’t even able to put the steps back...

34A06BC4-C31F-45B1-8076-B151A5E5602B.jpeg

00FBC06C-127A-49FE-B93D-2D431171FA17.jpeg

I had the same problem.I built a beautiful area around the red obelisk with a taming pen including the red obelisk, a big greenhouse, a beautiful house as trophy room, a workshop, an underwater taming pen and so on...and when it comes to put fences or battlements around, for setting the dinos on wander, then the building limit was reached.

I was pissed off, and didn‘t understand, why the singleplayer game has a building limit.

However I accepted it and moved my whole base to hidden lake. There I don‘t need fences and can set my creatures on wander only with 3 battlements at the entrances. The only thing I don‘t have nearby is an underwater taming pen.

14 minutes ago, XaosRes said:

I had the same problem.I built a beautiful area around the red obelisk with a taming pen including the red obelisk, a big greenhouse, a beautiful house as trophy room, a workshop, an underwater taming pen and so on...and when it comes to put fences or battlements around, for setting the dinos on wander, then the building limit was reached.

I was pissed off, and didn‘t understand, why the singleplayer game has a building limit.

However I accepted it and moved my whole base to hidden lake. There I don‘t need fences and can set my creatures on wander only with 3 battlements at the entrances. The only thing I don‘t have nearby is an underwater taming pen.

My base spans over the river which is between volcano and swamp cave. I’m still deleting stuff to try and figure out what the cause can be.

i just destroyed 8 plant X that I just placed down prior to the error, as well as the plots, and irrigation. I then tried putting down walls and it only let me put down TWO before it started giving me limit errors again ?. Something is very screwy here. It’s not even in a congested area, I can build a lot more stuff where it’s most congested. This game seriously needs a better engine, it’s a piece of sh1t.

the obelisk is known for its restrictions, but I’m in the middle of all 3.

The obelisks are only restricted in multiplayer not singleplayer.

At the Hidden Lake I had the same problem with the building limit but I had now all the things for a beautiful place, for my dinos and me.

In singleplayer the building restriction is absolutely nonsense, because I want to build what I want and where I want. I don‘t intefere with nobody else than me.

52 minutes ago, XaosRes said:

The obelisks are only restricted in multiplayer not singleplayer.

At the Hidden Lake I had the same problem with the building limit but I had now all the things for a beautiful place, for my dinos and me.

In singleplayer the building restriction is absolutely nonsense, because I want to build what I want and where I want. I don‘t intefere with nobody else than me.

The battlements definitely aren’t causing any issues for me.

i did discover the outer layer of underwater pillars were every 1 block apart, this initially was done so I could connect steps to the outer edge, but the steps remained there after I removed some pillars. 
below are my before and after pics, I destroyed a lot of pillars and I was able to build quite a lot above the ceilings afterwards.

3F256BE9-C8C2-47BE-8114-5B75E1C3EAE4.jpeg

09B247BB-A6CF-4E3B-B64D-2B6F9FDE7F85.jpeg

I was able to put some defenses on my corridor roof, however I’m not able to put any lighting down outside.

the large red area is now my “no go zone”. Some of the areas have very little or nothing placed down, why would it specifically not let me build there?

check the northern side of my base, it’s 7 walls high with plenty of construction, and yet I have no issues building in that area. I have metal foundations and walls 7 high, and when I build in the surrounding area I have ceilings (and anything attached to them) magically vanish, giving me “exceeded build height” errors. I still have some missing since I’m sick of rebuilding there.

the engine in this game sucks so bad, these problems shouldn’t be happening 1.5 years after global release.

01B02C0E-EFC1-446B-B463-602D9549396A.jpeg

1BAE7513-B2DA-45ED-809A-14961CAC0805.jpeg

Your complaint is pretty minor as these issues are common with ports, even 1.5 years after release. Plus this is a mobile port of an incredibly resource intensive PC game. This issue may never be resolved since the game wasn’t built from the ground up for mobile. You gotta live with it. 

Plus, you’re complaining about placing defenses in single player... nothing can happen when you are logged off or outside of render, since the game essentially pauses. I guarantee you can create a perimeter of spikes with the occasional autoturret at intervals and be way more defended than you will ever need. 

Archived