The snow biome should not give less resources

randomperson363

9 hours ago, Mani21Axe said:

My guess is it's there for the dinos. You have wolves, mammoths, purlovias, wooly rhinos, and let's not forget the big angry chicken. On rag you have thylas and ice wyverns. 

But you can get all of those in other biomes except for ice wyvern which might just be the worst wyvern 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, randomperson363 said:

But you can get all of those in other biomes except for ice wyvern which might just be the worst wyvern 

That entirely depends on which map you are on. Purlovia and Wolves sometimes spawn outside the Snow, but I have personally never seen Mammoths, Rhinos, Yutys, or Daedon outside of the snow aside from Scorched(For obvious reasons). 

23 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

That entirely depends on which map you are on. Purlovia and Wolves sometimes spawn outside the Snow, but I have personally never seen Mammoths, Rhinos, Yutys, or Daedon outside of the snow aside from Scorched(For obvious reasons). 

All of those spawn in tundra in valguero and purlovia spawn in redwoods in every map. That’s also not that point the Dino’s that spawn somewhere should not affect the resources. This problem especially affects any island player wanting to base in the snow

The Tundra Biome... The one literally right next to the Snow Biome... which also contains a lower temperature than most of the map...

And I already said Purlovia spawn outside of the Snow. 

To keep in line with your topic's thesis, may I ask what exactly the issue is? I've never heard of the snow having less resources than other parts of the map. Generally on all maps, the snow is the hardest place to normally exist. There's usually tons of predators stalking around, whether that be packs of Direwolves and Daeodon or a Yuty with an Alpha Carno following it around. It contains some of the game's most useful creatures(Like the before mentioned Daedon and Yuty, as well as the Snow Owl and Mana), and access to some rarer resources(silica pearls, oil, metal, the works). Everything else is also pretty common place, so I can't exactly see what the initial problem of "giving less resources" comes from, or how it really affects gameplay in the long run. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, Qwertymine said:

I'm pretty sure you can find yuty all over rag's desert or does it classify as scorched?

50 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

I'm pretty sure you can find yuty all over rag's desert or does it classify as scorched?

Pretty sure they are all over the desert biome in extinction also. Definitely dont agree that the snow doesnt have as much resources, it has access to all the same resources except raw meat in my opinion. Doing meat runs in the snow is tedious, but everything else is great, and some things are even better than anywhere else such as rare flowers.

5 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Pretty sure they are all over the desert biome in extinction also. Definitely dont agree that the snow doesnt have as much resources, it has access to all the same resources except raw meat in my opinion. Doing meat runs in the snow is tedious, but everything else is great, and some things are even better than anywhere else such as rare flowers.

Fiber and berries are definitely low in snow. Wood is probably similar to other areas. Stone could use a little more nodes imho. Enough metal.

As for meat, atm I'm using tuso in north part for meat gathering. Easier than on land, though still annoying. It irritated me so much that I made a thread about mosas and plesios dropping no meat, but it seems no one cares so why should devs.

Oh, all of the above is my Island experience.

19 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Fiber and berries are definitely low in snow. Wood is probably similar to other areas. Stone could use a little more nodes imho. Enough metal.

As for meat, atm I'm using tuso in north part for meat gathering. Easier than on land, though still annoying. It irritated me so much that I made a thread about mosas and plesios dropping no meat, but it seems no one cares so why should devs.

Oh, all of the above is my Island experience.

When I lived in the snow of the island for a while my area had plenty of stone and wood, and berries I really never needed to harvest in the wild cause I always have a good greenhouse setup but If I really did need extra berries a kangaroo is my go to for a quick berry run, they are very effective compared to dragging out a big slow bronto or something. Fiber is in no way low if you are using the right creature for it, I would bring out a theri and slot cap fiber in like 5 minutes.

Also there is oil nodes out of the water and some good areas for obsidian up in the snow. Personally I dont like fish meat for filling troughs n stuff so I would always take a rex out and walk all around the mountain on a meat run but once I got my hands on a wyvern I would just fly around to the areas I know good amounts of brontos and diplos spawn, but now I even dread doing that.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

When I lived in the snow of the island for a while my area had plenty of stone and wood, and berries I really never needed to harvest in the wild cause I always have a good greenhouse setup but If I really did need extra berries a kangaroo is my go to for a quick berry run, they are very effective compared to dragging out a big slow bronto or something. Fiber is in no way low if you are using the right creature for it, I would bring out a theri and slot cap fiber in like 5 minutes.

Also there is oil nodes out of the water and some good areas for obsidian up in the snow. Personally I dont like fish meat for filling troughs n stuff so I would always take a rex out and walk all around the mountain on a meat run but once I got my hands on a wyvern I would just fly around to the areas I know good amounts of brontos and diplos spawn, but now I even dread doing that.

Oh, no, I'm too lazy for that. I rarely take bronto out(only when raising 10+ theris and need to fill few troughs with mejo), just hopping on it when I'm back to base and doing few swings without even moving. Getting fiber in base courtyard with theri. I believe it would take more effort in snow biome.

Archived