Best method for the first rock drake eggs

Theshinydino55

Best method for the first rock drake eggs

Hi,  I have had rock drake eggs before, I used to have a deal with a tribe stronger than me where I would help him fend off the wild rock drakes on a rock drake he gave to me whenever we went to get eggs, and when we got the eggs, I would get half of them. I raised 5 rock drakes of my own and used a strong one to get my own eggs by myself. But then me and the stronger tribe had a conflict and it turned into war, I was completely wiped and now I have built back up to the point to where I want to get more rock drakes, but I have no one to help me and no rock drake of my own anymore. So I was wondering whats the best method to get rock drake eggs, without having a rock drake.

Easiest is to use a reaper as you can jump, crab can work but they can be easily pinned by drakes which makes it hard to getaway if you're too slow and get mobbed

There's also a few nests at the bottom of a path that doesn't involve going in the trench, it's easy to get to on a spino, smaller mounts are OK but run the risk of purlovias dismounting you in the radiation zone, if you're solo then I'd recommend using an imprinted spino with decent hp & saddle. if you use a tamed spino then it might be a bit squishy if you get mobbed so I'd also cryo 3 or 4 megalos/spinos and thrown them out just before the area where the drakes spawn just to help you out with the drakes, if you've got tribemates or other players to help you out then tamed spinos will be ok

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite method is to take a couple of high level megas. Ride one and set another on follow. Bring a backup in a pokeball. If possible, go with a friend or two. Bring at least two radiation suits with wings and plenty of climbing picks. Also a shotgun is nice, too. Pull with arrows and clear out any rock drakes on the area before you grab and egg. Get the eggs from the 3 nests that are above the path so you can fly back down to your mega the moment you grab one.

You can also make your trip much shorter by jumping down and climbing back up (with mega in a pokeball) up the wall near the base of the narrow bridge right before the radiation starts. To get to this location: from the green biome go down the hill that heads into the blue biome. Bear to the right and you’ll cross a narrow landmass that is a bridge over the rock drake area below. Past this bridge there is a wide open plateau with only some desolate trees and organic polymer spawns. The radiation starts soon when you enter this plane. There is a river to the right. To left is a cliff though. If you jump off this cliff right on the border with the radiation, you’ll find the spine path right below you. You’ll have cut more than 50% off of your travel time (much of it in radiation). You can also climb back up here too. If you head down the path you’ll soon reach the first radioactive pool with the waterfall from the blue biome on the left.

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh start I use a glide suit and high level spino...climb back out...time costly...but spinos are a joke to tame on ab, you may die a few times...fastest I hit the trench successfully was second day

Or transfer to extinction... tame a mana, gas bag or bring enforcers...enforcers are the get away vehicle...assemble them when u need to leave...climb right out

If you got hp bred manas u dont even need brew...just zip up and down within 1000 rad counter 

It's all about being comfortable down there...knowing your way, I live on ab permanently so red zone is mentally mapped

Archived