Dedicated Storage Decay Timer

acat

Dedicated Storage Decay Timer

The Dedicated Tek storage has a decay timer of 80 days. Tek transmitters just have 40, tek gates 20. Why is the decay timer for dedies so high? It is a real issue on the official orp clusters, because every time a base decays, the dedies are left behind floating in the air. They block the entire area for other people to build there. And if the owning tribe wants to be idiots, like in my case, they just refresh the dedicated storage boxes 6 times a year and have the location blocked forever with minimal effort. It would be great if the decay timer of dedies could be brought in line with other tek structures @Cedric ;)

21 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Thanks, yea this seems to be an issue that is special to orp servers. Orp structures, foundation/pillar or not, block enemy structure placement. Thier whole base has decayed, only the dedies are left and some vaults. Those decay in one day. I will test again when that happens, but a friend said he had the same issue with a dedi, so the vaults probably dont make any difference.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Fetzen said:

A single tek box decay after 12hours! They only snap to another Tek box, then they have the full timer. I test this on offi Xbox pve

If you snap a second one and pick it back up during the 30 seconds, the first one will retains full timer.

5 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

On the contrary .they do and have 40+ days till demo..

Nah. I have built a base next to row of dedicated storages that belong to other player that quit. I have built a box around a row of them and stairs and ceilings to stand while taking stuff from unlocked dedicated storages. Only blocks building if you try to build directly on them. You can build right next to them easily. They have same blocking range as your normal storage box and vault.

57 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Nah. I have built a base next to row of dedicated storages that belong to other player that quit. I have built a box around a row of them and stairs and ceilings to stand while taking stuff from unlocked dedicated storages. Only blocks building if you try to build directly on them. You can build right next to them easily. They have same blocking range as your normal storage box and vault.

well I can tell u that I tried covering a few and was no go lol 5k element in one:( no where near it would let me ;/

The vaults are gone as well now, the dedies on 47 days timer. But i still cant build close to the orp dedies. They block building in a 10-15 foundation radius. There is no other enemy structure anywhere nearby, not in the floor or anything else. The issue really seems to be limited to the orp servers, but its annoying as hell. 

23 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

well I can tell u that I tried covering a few and was no go lol 5k element in one:( no where near it would let me ;/

Then that must have been changed last week. Just week and half ago friend boxed 20 dedicated storages from decayed base. And this is on PVE. Closest wall is 1 wall lenght away from those dedicated storages.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Then that must have been changed last week. Just week and half ago friend boxed 20 dedicated storages from decayed base. And this is on PVE. Closest wall is 1 wall lenght away from those dedicated storages.

No it was not changed recently. It just works differently on pve than on the pvp orp clusters i think. 

@Cedric the ORP clusters have some of your most popular servers. There is a row of issues that are unique to that game mode or that only matter there. The dedicated storage decay timer is one of the most annoying ones  but also one of the easiest to fix. It would be great if we could get some attention for the issue :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two game moderators have told me now that there is nothing they can do about it and i have to wait another month for the dedies to decay so i can build where i want.

So i assume if i was to go and place dedies on every important spot on the cluster with an alt tribe i cant be punished for it. All i have to do is refresh six times a year and the whole cluster cant build anymore. Great ?

What @Joebl0w13? Of course i wont do that but that is the consequence from how wildcard handles the topic. It is just a very frustrating situation for my whole tribe and others that face the same problem. And i can already see dedicated storage spamming be the new meta on the orp clusters, they block building efficiently, basically dont need to be refreshed and obviously you are not punished for using them like that.

8 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Weird,  I’m on official pve and I just built right next to a decayed bases old storages.  No problems.  Maybe it has to do with a different cluster?

Yes it seems to only be an issue on the official pvp orp cluster. When the owner of the dedi is not on it blocks building in a big big area. And every time a base decays because a tribe left, the spot is dead for 80 days. 

Archived