How do I vote on World mod contest

Wally

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Wildcard Staff

The voting system seems kind of lame.  I understand that you guys want to keep people from spamming votes but instead of making this a fair contest all its done is make it where the fans with the most patience to wrack up posts to vote wins the contest...  All I see everywhere I go is everyone telling each other to go to the forums and make lots of posts so they can vote, which isn't exactly fun for anyone and simply frustrates people who are very valid and do want to vote.

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, evilmrfrank said:

The voting system seems kind of lame.  I understand that you guys want to keep people from spamming votes but instead of making this a fair contest all its done is make it where the fans with the most patience to wrack up posts to vote wins the contest...  All I see everywhere I go is everyone telling each other to go to the forums and make lots of posts so they can vote, which isn't exactly fun for anyone and simply frustrates people who are very valid and do want to vote.

Again, as I have stated previously, everyone has until May 12 to vote. Even if someone were to only find one topic they'd want to post on each day until the deadline for voting, they'd still be able to vote. That hardly makes it something "where the fans with the most patience to wrack up posts to vote wins".

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Again, as I have stated previously, everyone has until May 12 to vote. Even if someone were to only find one topic they'd want to post on each day until the deadline for voting, they'd still be able to vote. That hardly makes it something "where the fans with the most patience to wrack up posts to vote wins".

While I respect and understand what you're saying, and have no problem doing that myself as an avid Ark player. The problem is that the majority of people are going to be unwilling to go through that amount of tedium simply to click a vote 15-30 days later, which means many many people are going to be omitted from the vote and it's going to potentially throw off the vote, as only those most determined are going to go through that much work for that long of a period of time, just to click a couple of bubbles. Even some of the mod developers are expressing angst and frustration, and feeling like the developers are progressively leaving them out to dry, and things like this are only the tip of the iceberg. For example there's mods that have hundreds of thousands of subscribers, yet most likely because of all these limiting factors to be able to easily go and vote for your favorite mod, many people who haven't previously created accounts are now being told they're going to have to basically do a job of posting daily, and not in a natural way, we have to basically spam pointless sh** if we didn't previously have an account created. These steps are alienating a large majority of players that would vote, but they're here to play Ark, not to surf the web and post on forums and what not (as beneficial as that can be for the vocalizing of issues and progressing the game).

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Kahlinad said:

While I respect and understand what you're saying, and have no problem doing that myself as an avid Ark player. The problem is that the majority of people are going to be unwilling to go through that amount of tedium simply to click a vote 15-30 days later, which means many many people are going to be omitted from the vote and it's going to potentially throw off the vote, as only those most determined are going to go through that much work for that long of a period of time, just to click a couple of bubbles. Even some of the mod developers are expressing angst and frustration, and feeling like the developers are progressively leaving them out to dry, and things like this are only the tip of the iceberg. For example there's mods that have hundreds of thousands of subscribers, yet most likely because of all these limiting factors to be able to easily go and vote for your favorite mod, many people who haven't previously created accounts are now being told they're going to have to basically do a job of posting daily, and not in a natural way, we have to basically spam pointless sh** if we didn't previously have an account created. These steps are alienating a large majority of players that would vote, but they're here to play Ark, not to surf the web and post on forums and what not (as beneficial as that can be for the vocalizing of issues and progressing the game).

I understand the frustration, but this is a rock and hard place situation for us. The choices are this type of strict but fair method which allows us to reign the polls in and try to make it as close as humanly possible to a fair vote, or to leave it wide open to people to exploit and rig (as mischievous denizens of the internet are wont to do, specially when polls are concerned) and have to deal with people crying about rigged votes.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Bong said:

being verified through steam seems pretty fair to me........  just curious why accounts verfied arent actually verified

We don't use being verified through steam for the same reason that we don't use time played as a metric to allow for people's eligibility to vote, as I have stated earlier in this thread.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived