TUT: How to give other players admin command access on Non-Dedicated.

Saeros

Step 1: Select Host\Local

Step 2: Select "HOST DEDICATED SERVER" (note: you DO NOT want to load your non-dedicated just yet.)

Step 3: Invite the people you want to have admin command access.

Step 4: Use the on-screen options to admin the players. Basically, click the player you want and then click the "add admin" button, you will see their name transfer to the administrator section.

Step 5: Ask friends to exit to main menu

Step 6: Host your local, non-dedicated server.

Step 7: Your friends once logged in, can use "admincheat <command>".

Additional Information:

Since it is a multiplayer session, the non host admins must use the "admincheat" prefix to activate them, this IS NOT TRUE FOR ALL COMMANDS.

It is up to you to find the commands, item ids and entity ids. This is purely how to give other players admin commands on YOUR LOCAL NON-DEDICATED SERVER.

If you manage to give the player admin rights before they log in, they will spawn and see the command input box on the start menu. If they do not see it, have them log out and log back into your session and it should appear.

• 7 months later...
On 4/8/2016 at 11:55 AM, Saeros said:

Step 2: Select "HOST DEDICATED SERVER" (note: you DO NOT want to load your non-dedicated just yet.)

Step 4: Use the on-screen options to admin the players. Basically, click the player you want and then click the "add admin" button, you will see their name transfer to the administrator section.

Additional Information:

Since it is a multiplayer session, the non host admins must use the "admincheat" prefix to activate them, this IS NOT TRUE FOR ALL COMMANDS.

It is up to you to find the commands, item ids and entity ids. This is purely how to give other players admin commands on YOUR LOCAL NON-DEDICATED SERVER.

If you manage to give the player admin rights before they log in, they will spawn and see the command input box on the start menu. If they do not see it, have them log out and log back into your session and it should appear.

this site tells you commands http://www.playjurassicark.com/ark-item-id-list-for-administrators/

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/8/2016 at 6:07 AM, zeerog1 said:

there is an option on most consoles to ad persons as an admin on your server. You simple put there aek name in to give them permision to use cheats. That simple ;-)

On 4/8/2016 at 4:55 AM, Saeros said:

Additional Information:

On 4/8/2016 at 5:51 AM, Morgnarak said:

Same

On 4/8/2016 at 6:16 AM, Saeros said:

can you give a specific command or step by step because I dont think its that simple. I've been looking.

On 4/8/2016 at 6:20 AM, Morgnarak said:

Same. I've spent the past hour trying to figure out how to make my friend a admin on my server so he can use admin commands.

On 4/8/2016 at 7:14 AM, Saeros said:

I answered my own question so I updated the post to a tutorial, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section.

On 4/8/2016 at 7:22 AM, x1DRAGONZ said:

What do you mean onscreen options

On 4/8/2016 at 9:09 AM, NEWMFIN said:

After adding people to admin make sure they log out and restart that worked for my server

On 4/8/2016 at 9:30 AM, Saeros said:

if you admin them before they fully load in, they spawn with the command textbox, otherwise they will have to log out and log back in to see the text box.

On 4/8/2016 at 9:41 AM, Carvain said:

On screen options?

On 4/8/2016 at 9:45 AM, Saeros said:

If you choose HOST DEDICATED SESSION (top right corner of screen with your server settings), as in hosting without being able to play; You will see the options I am referencing.

On 4/9/2016 at 8:36 AM, EvoNeiko said:

this Worked for me and my friend. Thank sir!!!

On 4/9/2016 at 3:50 PM, cameron said:

whats your gamertag could you help me please

thanks

On 4/10/2016 at 8:40 AM, EvoNeiko said:

what you need help with?

On 4/13/2016 at 9:38 PM, Nich1604 said:

Nvm!

On 11/23/2016 at 10:27 AM, maskedviper3 said:

On 9/10/2017 at 7:05 PM, 20GT said:

I'm on playing single player at home on my PS4.
I can get the command prompt to show and can type in it but cant click the submit button?

It's not gray... it's got the yellow corona around the button. But it doesnt click when i press X

what do I have to do?

On 9/14/2017 at 3:05 PM, plamoyeee said:

guys pls help when i start dedicated server ark closes and show me a cmd how to invite players cuz im on PC? pls help

IT WORKS

Archived