What melee to look for on Giga's and Rex's.

MrTarts

I recently made a post on this to where we talked about a little bit. I kinda wanted to explore more on this topic so here we are.

The Giga 's I am getting ready is for the purple drops on ext. With his current melee being at 250 base with no imprints or mutations. The question im asking is that should I keep taming giga after Giga or test my luck with mutations.

The Rex's are for the most obvious reason being boss fights. And as for the Rex's what melee would you look for when getting ready for alpha dragon. I am talking about the melee you get fresh after a tame in the wild. 

I apologize for all of these post's on damage and what not. The reason I keep doing this is that I get so much feedback from everyone on here.

Thank you for reading this and have a great day.

Need more info. Singleplayer, difficulty? All that matters for the info. If you are planning on soloing purple drops with official difficulty, gonna need 500+ Melee with full imprint gigas and good saddles. And alpha dragon is gonna be tough nut to crack with tamed rexes. Ppl are failing it with 650+ melee born rexes.

8 hours ago, Luewen said:

Need more info. Singleplayer, difficulty? All that matters for the info. If you are planning on soloing purple drops with official difficulty, gonna need 500+ Melee with full imprint gigas and good saddles. And alpha dragon is gonna be tough nut to crack with tamed rexes. Ppl are failing it with 650+ melee born rexes.

I am on a server called alliance gaming. I know the difficulty setting is bumped up a bit as the max level wild dino is 150.

Max level 150 is as per official.

250 base is a high base melee and a very good starting point for mutations. You could do nothing but kills low level wild gigas and tame high levels for the next month and maybe not find one better, or find one marginally better, but in that time you could have mutated past that point anyway.

That makes assumptions on the server settings though. On our server the time between egg laying is 0.001, so we can throw out lots of giga eggs at a time, and the mutation time for a giga is approx. 20 hours. With official settings it could be a day between eggs and many days to mature.

For rexes. First off, don’t bother using them for the dragon. Use Theris.

However, rexes are a good all-rounder for bosses. When I’m starting a rex line (with the settings I’ve mentioned) I’ll tame a bunch of rexes until I’ve found at least 10k health base and 360 Melee base. Then I work on 2 separate health and melee lines.

Again you could spend weeks and weeks taming rexes to find one with 400M base, but it might not happen, and you could have mutated to that point by then.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:39 AM, MrTarts said:

I recently made a post on this to where we talked about a little bit. I kinda wanted to explore more on this topic so here we are.

The Giga 's I am getting ready is for the purple drops on ext. With his current melee being at 250 base with no imprints or mutations. The question im asking is that should I keep taming giga after Giga or test my luck with mutations.

The Rex's are for the most obvious reason being boss fights. And as for the Rex's what melee would you look for when getting ready for alpha dragon. I am talking about the melee you get fresh after a tame in the wild. 

I apologize for all of these post's on damage and what not. The reason I keep doing this is that I get so much feedback from everyone on here.

Thank you for reading this and have a great day.

Mutations should be the last method for boosting. Prior to mutating, its best to tame wild dinos to collect an array of high stats, then breed them together into a single mating pair.

Example: tame a Rex with 40+ HP, then another with 40+ melee, and another with 40+ stamina, whatever stats you want boosted. Then breed them together until you get a single mating pair with each Rex being hatch having 40+ in each of the important stats. THEN when you are satisfied that you can no longer find and tame better Rexes to boost those stats higher, begin to breed for mutations that you work into the line. 

Similar with Gigas, but I just tamed two Gigas... one with high HP and one with high melee damage, then bred them together to get a breeding pair that has both high HP & MD. The only stat really worth leveling on Gigas is melee damage, but it does help to start with as high a HP as possible as well. 

Thank you everyone for all this input it is exactly what I was looking for. Also the maturation and hatch speed is 3x.

12 hours ago, DaveH said:

Max level 150 is as per official.

250 base is a high base melee and a very good starting point for mutations. You could do nothing but kills low level wild gigas and tame high levels for the next month and maybe not find one better, or find one marginally better, but in that time you could have mutated past that point anyway.

That makes assumptions on the server settings though. On our server the time between egg laying is 0.001, so we can throw out lots of giga eggs at a time, and the mutation time for a giga is approx. 20 hours. With official settings it could be a day between eggs and many days to mature.

For rexes. First off, don’t bother using them for the dragon. Use Theris.

However, rexes are a good all-rounder for bosses. When I’m starting a rex line (with the settings I’ve mentioned) I’ll tame a bunch of rexes until I’ve found at least 10k health base and 360 Melee base. Then I work on 2 separate health and melee lines.

Again you could spend weeks and weeks taming rexes to find one with 400M base, but it might not happen, and you could have mutated to that point by then.

Archived