Do away with weight grappling

Clayco1

Suggestion

17 replies to this server topic

On 2/9/2020 at 5:44 AM, Clayco1 said:

I know the main reason I want weight grapple gone is so I can take the +50 point I have in weight out of my breedline and put it in Hp and Damage being that I am at 377 with my breedline meaning that it can reach 450 level cap after specking 73 levels. If I could have 0 points in weight it would leave me with +50 more levels to keep mutating on Hp and Damage, but the Pvp weight grapple is the only thing in the way of this. I already have 0 point food, oxygen, and speed; the only other place to take from is weight being that I need stamina lol.

Smurf your tames with a lvl 5, will open several more levels in your line for new mutations. A lvl 5 and 400 could pop out a 100 with same stats as a 400 if lucky

It's not tho. I have a lvl 75 giga with 505 melee. That's how the breeding system works
No, u need read up on breeding more. That giga is lvl 75 cos it was bred from a parent with high melee and another with very low points into the other stats. The sum of the points in each stat plus 1 is the final lvl of the baby when born.

The thread seem to have deviated into a breeding topic... But anyway, I like the idea of having a use-dial to remove grapples like removing a leech (and be immune to more grapples for a few seconds, else it's pointless, can just refire the grapple instantly again).
Grapples are broken OP when done right, can encumber even the largest of "battle dinos" (dinos primarily designed for combat, such as manas, gigas, wyverns, etc).
A single flimzy player or definitely two can drag-weigh down a huge wyvern and lock it in place (around 600~800 weight), which is really silly... It's like a human flying a giant kite.
This legendary beast built with muscles powerful enough to use its wings to flap away even some large creatures... Can't carry this tiny and unrealistically heavy human as dense as a blackhole.
No need for chain bolas either when this thing eclipses its function in an almost "Hacking/Glitch abuse/exploit" tier of gameplay lol.

22 hours ago, Castlerock said:
22 hours ago, NukeGoose said:
It's not tho. I have a lvl 75 giga with 505 melee. That's how the breeding system works

No, u need read up on breeding more. That giga is lvl 75 cos it was bred from a parent with high melee and another with very low points into the other stats. The sum of the points in each stat plus 1 is the final lvl of the baby when born.

You need to breed more. It's level 75 cause it was bred by a lvl 5 and a lvl 205, it retained the 33k hp, 505 melee, and 1100 weight because it directly inherits stats from the parents. Through mass breeding and luck you can end up with only the good stats from each parent on the child. Reading theory on breeding is one thing. Actually doing it is another. If what you said was true then my gig should have closer to 13k hp, or closer to 500 weight in order to have high stam. This is the beauty of the breeding mechanic.

16 hours ago, NukeGoose said:

Help me out here fellow breeders. Apparently one guys knowledge isn't enough to convince one who hasn't tried it, or it's not appealing enough to try.

Each mutation adds 2 level to your dinos level that is all there is too it. Eventually you run out of points at 377 after you take all the useless points away like oxygen speed and food. At level 377 you can put your 73 levels into your dino and end at 450. Any dino leveled over 450 will get deleted upon cryo or server restart.

I know the main reason I want weight grapple gone is so I can take the +50 point I have in weight out of my breedline and put it in Hp and Damage being that I am at 377 with my breedline meaning that it can reach 450 level cap after specking 73 levels. If I could have 0 points in weight it would leave me with +50 more levels to keep mutating on Hp and Damage, but the Pvp weight grapple is the only thing in the way of this. I already have 0 point food, oxygen, and speed; the only other place to take from is weight being that I need stamina lol.

Other than the weight grapple, a high weight stat does not determine whether or not you win a Dps fight in Pvp. Also with players now being able to reach level 140 it leaves even more room for players to spec in weight and grapple down your dinos. I'm just saying it would be nice if 99% of dinos did not get weighted by one grappler. At the current moment Meks, basilisks, and a handful of larger dinos are the only ones that can take being grappled by more than one person unless you spec points into weight which lets be honest, no one wants to spec weight on Pvp dinos; they need to be all Hp and Damage. All I am saying is it is not fair to a lot of dinos that can't even handle 1 weight grapple.

Also, In my opinion, the chain bola should be the only tool that can immobilize dinos and it has a timer to the immobilization. Grapple hooks are a fraction of the cost and render the chain bola useless, as well as immobilizing dinos with no time limit. I would suggest having grapples not attach to dinos at all, or have the bite / melee of the dino break the grapple instantly.  

Also it makes logical sense. Why would a bird that can carry 200lbs be able to pick up someone carrying say 400 lbs of raw/smelted metal just cause there's now a string connecting the 2? This doesn't work in real life and shouldn't work in game. Now if you could use the radial menu while riding a tame to remove the grapple and it took as long as say removing a leech, that would be a worthwhile qol change.

This grapple while being overweight is actually a legit counter to being picked, or to manas hopping away.

Also, and this is me being a prick, but the only tames that can't survive that weight grapple are those not meant for transport. Every Argy I use holds 2.5k-4.5k weight, plus quetzals. Weight grapples are used for pvp purposes. There is no other legit reason to weight grapple.

Smurf your tames with a lvl 5, will open several more levels in your line for new mutations. A lvl 5 and 400 could pop out a 100 with same stats as a 400 if lucky
I was referring to your this post about a 100 have SAME stats as a 400, which is impossible unless u had 300 points in speed for the 400 and u removed it in the offspring

You need to breed more. It's level 75 cause it was bred by a lvl 5 and a lvl 205, it retained the 33k hp, 505 melee, and 1100 weight because it directly inherits stats from the parents. Through mass breeding and luck you can end up with only the good stats from each parent on the child. Reading theory on breeding is one thing. Actually doing it is another. If what you said was true then my gig should have closer to 13k hp, or closer to 500 weight in order to have high stam. This is the beauty of the breeding mechanic.
Firstly, tamed giga base hp is 17k so i dont know how u can get one with 13k.
Secondly, in this post now u mentioned GOOD stats which makes sense instead of same stats, by removing useless stats like stam oxy and food.
Lastly, if you are saying your giga is born with 505% melee at lvl 75, thats impossible considering it means it has 97 points in melee when born, so its lowest possible lvl is 98 with 0 points in all other stats.

36 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Firstly, tamed giga base hp is 17k so i dont know how u can get one with 13k.
Secondly, in this post now u mentioned GOOD stats which makes sense instead of same stats, by removing useless stats like stam oxy and food.
Lastly, if you are saying your giga is born with 505% melee at lvl 75, thats impossible considering it means it has 97 points in melee when born, so its lowest possible lvl is 98 with 0 points in all other stats.

Help me out here fellow breeders. Apparently one guys knowledge isn't enough to convince one who hasn't tried it, or it's not appealing enough to try.

Archived