Welcome back to Ark, here's a Mek

DinoMinions

So I left Ark about 8 months ago. Came back 3 weeks ago, got a few farming tames from a friend and built a small metal base with heavies, behe gates etc. 

Today one guy with a mek wiped it all in 7 minutes. You should stop selling a game that you know people cannot play until you figure out some balancing.  At the very least you should keep the meks on extinction until the balance is fixed.

4 hours ago, SCAREKROW said:

When you build any sort of a base anywhere on a PvP server, you may as well be putting up a sign that say "Raid me". Be better than that.

Fixed that for you Scarekrow.

PvP is raiding, @DinoMinions.  It is only real ARK for the one with the strongest dinosaurs, because they own the server one way or another.  Sorry you got wiped, and if you stay on PvP servers it will continually happen.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

Fixed that for you Scarekrow.

PvP is raiding, @DinoMinions.  It is only real ARK for the one with the strongest dinosaurs, because they own the server one way or another.  Sorry you got wiped, and if you stay on PvP servers it will continually happen.

I've got a base with 5 vaults fab and smithy and it's never been found in over two years. I'm solo and infollow a strict code for survival. So you're wrong. I've also killed people on mana's and wyverns by luring them into c4 traps. I've killed gigas by picking rider off and luring giga into ocean to get munched by sharks and jellyfish before the could find it.

I've made mega tribes leave the server bcos I would raid everyone else on the server so the mega was the only target and was continually being hit. I would drop their base location to ppl on as many servers as I could and would just wait for them to be wiped and then not let anyone get a foothold again. 

I've raised wyverns by hiding in smashed up bases.

I've survived ddosers (once for over 4 months straight)by being prepared for them. Sitting at join screen and trying over and over to get in just to reset timer on base. By having a vault full of gas next to a bed and generator with cryofridge in a 1x1 so I could fill gen with gas without moving anywhere.

I've solo'd all alpha bosses, i only needed 19 theris and a yuty. Theris i raised last Valentine's day event. Practice on single player with official settings until you nail a strategy.

I've raised bases ppl said I couldn't by building replicas on singleplayer and combing for weakness and developing a quick hit strategy. I once linked 7 rafts with thatch tubes (like a boarding tunnel) to get into and out of a base to raid with leaving any trace. The tribe tore itself apart because they believed that they were insided because not a single turret had fired. 

If you play like everyone else plays you will get wiped, but it doesn't have to be so. Don't tell me you can't solo ark or you can't survive.

10 hours ago, DinoMinions said:

So I left Ark about 8 months ago. Came back 3 weeks ago, got a few farming tames from a friend and built a small metal base with heavies, behe gates etc. 

Today one guy with a mek wiped it all in 7 minutes. You should stop selling a game that you know people cannot play until you figure out some balancing.  At the very least you should keep the meks on extinction until the balance is fixed.

So your idea of 'balancing' seems to be making someone who plays a lot equal to someone who plays casually.

For starters, don't play on a PvP server if you can't handle PvP. Secondly, if you're going to play PvP you need to do it with more dedication than that. 

It sounds like PvE is more your speed.

17 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

So your idea of 'balancing' seems to be making someone who plays a lot equal to someone who plays casually.

For starters, don't play on a PvP server if you can't handle PvP. Secondly, if you're going to play PvP you need to do it with more dedication than that. 

It sounds like PvE is more your speed.

I'd have to brutally agree with this.
When you play PvP, let alone official PvP, you have to dedicate a lot of time into not only getting resources and tames, but also to getting an edge on the best base locations for 1: staying hidden, in the case of being solo, or 2: advantageous enough to give you an edge over others that might want to raid you. People are going to go around with naturally strong stuff and wipe new players off the map. It's toxic, yes, but then again, it's ARK, and it's a PvP game. There are going to be those groups of players who wipe new players off the map for fun, if nothing else.

9 hours ago, SCAREKROW said:

I've got a base with 5 vaults fab and smithy and it's never been found in over two years. I'm solo and infollow a strict code for survival. So you're wrong. I've also killed people on mana's and wyverns by luring them into c4 traps. I've killed gigas by picking rider off and luring giga into ocean to get munched by sharks and jellyfish before the could find it.

I've made mega tribes leave the server bcos I would raid everyone else on the server so the mega was the only target and was continually being hit. I would drop their base location to ppl on as many servers as I could and would just wait for them to be wiped and then not let anyone get a foothold again. 

I've survived ddosers (once for over 4 months straight)by being prepared for them. Sitting at join screen and trying over and over to get in just to reset timer on base. By having a vault full of gas next to a bed and generator with cryofridge in a 1x1 so I could fill gen with gas without moving anywhere.

I've solo'd all alpha bosses, i only needed 19 theris and a yuty. Theris i raised last Valentine's day event. Practice on single player with official settings until you nail a strategy.

I've raised bases ppl said I couldn't by building replicas on singleplayer and combing for weakness and developing a quick hit strategy. I once linked 7 rafts with thatch tubes (like a boarding tunnel) to get into and out of a base to raid with leaving any trace. The tribe tore itself apart because they believed that they were insided because not a single turret had fired. 

If you play like everyone else plays you will get wiped, but it doesn't have to be so. Don't tell me you can't solo ark or you can't survive.

very well played if the case .this pvp life is the best lol its not fun being alpha lol gets boring …..but killing the alphas and the thrill of being hunted/or killing them is good man guerrilla style is the best pvp to me

17 hours ago, SCAREKROW said:

I really enjoyed reading this, and I would love to watch and listen to you play.  You should upload some videos or something.  Feels like Rambo trapped in the woods fighting the big bad guys.

20 hours ago, SCAREKROW said:

It's truly great that you've found success!  And I agree with @Thiefer, I personally -SUCK- when any PvP element is involved (I don't mean Thiefer sucks hahaha!) but I really enjoy watching people play PvP ARK.  Make a series on YouTube or what-not and people will probably watch.

Also, I guess my point is not about it being IMPOSSIBLE to survive.  You have some advanced level of PvP acumen that keeps you alive and thriving so well, and many of us do not.  Regardless, it means nothing to someone who is bored and powerful, and looking to clear out a server.  I understand that they will likely fail to root you up at first, or possibly fail totally, but that does not make you any less vulnerable to people trying!  And that is really the point:  Not qualifying what anything takes, just that if you are playing PvP, the reality is exactly equal to my original "correction:"  When you build any sort of a base anywhere on a PvP server, you [ARE] putting up a sign that says "Raid me" because that is the nature of PvP ARK.  Raiders will succeed and fail, but they won't go away or stop, that's all.

21 hours ago, SCAREKROW said:

You made solo playing mega tribes leave servers? 

U have any kind of proof? Cuz in my 4k hours of ark I ve never ever heard of such... Trouble? Yeah...make a megatribe leave? Nope.. Never heard of this until now. 

9 hours ago, jpcab said:

You made solo playing mega tribes leave servers? 

U have any kind of proof? Cuz in my 4k hours of ark I ve never ever heard of such... Trouble? Yeah...make a megatribe leave? Nope.. Never heard of this until 

I lost a lot of vids and screens as I've had to reinstall my system software twice on my PS4. Once because of RDR2 freeze and the other was a power outage just 3 weeks ago. But I trawled through old msgs and some vids that I had upload to my comp. Here's what I got. Other than that there's no real way to verify what I've said unless you want to come meet me online. PVP official PS4.

But I got stories from my two and a half years of playing Ark. Best game! 

https://imgur.com/a/89Pc5fX

On 1/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

PVP happened?

No, MvP happening, and not "Most Valuable Player" either, but Mek vs Player.

Clearly WildCard don't think twice about the grossly overpowered dinos they add into the game, such as Meks. 

How about Mek Rushing too? Still "just PvP Bro" ? There needs to be some balance in PvP, you know? 

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

Yup.

They just have better toys than you.

If it's "Just PvP" then why have they already been nerfed multiple times by the developers and yet are still overpowered? One thing's for sure, I can tell that you don't play on official PvP servers whatsoever, rather you sit on these forums 24/7 and/or play on PvE servers while sipping your tea like "nothing needs fixing."

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

And I didn't say I think they are fine.

It's just so dumb because we went from needing to use explosives to destroy structures to now just using Meks whenever necessary and it makes raiding feel so cheap and easy. Of course you still need soakers and such in most difficult situations, but look at Gasbags, they're another overpowered tame, don't get me started there...

That is Ark for you though. Always overpowered tames/items being added in by the developers, only to be "fixed" or slightly nerfed months/years later and the community is already dying as it is.

1 hour ago, Crows said:

No, MvP happening, and not "Most Valuable Player" either, but Mek vs Player.

Clearly WildCard don't think twice about the grossly overpowered dinos they add into the game, such as Meks. 

How about Mek Rushing too? Still "just PvP Bro" ? There needs to be some balance in PvP, you know? 

I smashed two guys in meks last night, i'll upload the video. One I got myself. The other I tagged teamed with a mate of mine. Meks are trash comapred to a giga, which you can steal pretty easy by ambushing at obs, or you can wait for an event to raise two or three of them at once - if you can trade or steal aome eggs.

Archived