Ark - The Great Emotional Rollercoaster

merandoo

Ark - The Great Emotional Rollercoaster

The emotional highs and lows in this game are nuts:

Recently returned after a couple of years out and are loving it. I had never left the Island so decided to move to Valguero.

HIGH: teleport in near Green obelisk: Wow this is simply beautiful. Die lots of times trying to get to the obelisk to retrieve my stuff as i'm in my underwear and its protected by 7 level 120+ raptors - great fun, having to build traps and walls to kill the little bastards with my primitive bow.

LOW: Download all my gear and most of the dino's and the game glitches and crashes and I lose everything. (there is a time delay between changes to the game save and updates to obelisk data). Luckily 2 dino's left (a 100% imprinted Argy and a 100% imprinted Direwolf). Start the long trek of starting from scratch.

HIGH: Find a beautiful base location (38 46) and get to work. Build an argy trap and get some great birds and start breeding. My standard baby is now level 227 and I havn't had any mutations yet!

ECSTATIC: Spot a level 168 Tek Rex. No kibble, no base yet but what the hell. Have a classic night time hunt and finally knock it out. My original imprinted argy is now 6445 health and 615 damage so feeding it prime from alpha's and large creatures.

DEVASTATED:  I had surrounded it with a ring of animals to protect it and 3 sabercats spawn virtually on top of it. The splash damage from the fight has knocked it down to 48% effectiveness - a whole 40 levels lost 

Pretty sad about that.

Happiness and sadness seem to go together in this game. What are your experiences?

Archived