Server cannot recognize me

Yohannc

Server cannot recognize me

Hi,

I own a private ASM server, i duplicated the server to create a new one (with a new map) but forgot to set files path to a new one.

So when logging in, it asked me to create a new character, and by saying yes, that i will lose the existing one, it's what i done... !!!!.

Then i understand my mistake.

How can i go back ?

In .....\Saved\SavedArksLocal i got tons of profiles but it doesn't seem to work when i rename them to LocalPlayer.arkprofile (i can get revelead map with markerss but still lvl 1).

On the original server, with my new char that is level one, i can go to our base and see my old corpse. How can i tell the server that it's me ?

Technicaly (as a programer) i would say that i should be able to take the id of my corpse and giving me this id ? Something like that is possible ?

Thank you for your help.

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, Yohannc said:

Ok i mostly resolved it (lost some emotes but don't really care). 

I used ark tool, converted server side profile (corresponding to steam id), to json, changed the implant number to the last correct one and then converted it back to arkprofile.

When I was running a cluster, I was using the following Python script to swap the character ID of a profile:

import os
import struct

def swap_id(path, old, new):
    with open(path, 'rb') as f:
        c = f.read().replace(struct.pack('<i', old), struct.pack('<i', new))
        with open(path, 'wb') as f:
            f.write(c)

Example:

swap_id(
    os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), '<steamid>.arkprofile'),
)

Result:

7D20CD98E944C0EC04FCA058F1B3374EF63F1485

6B041B90FE05409C40FD632680E465DD2E0ADA09

Archived