Abuse of Support System

acat

Abuse of Support System

It seems to become a habit to abuse the support system to achieve goals in pvp that would not be possible or very hard using regular/legit tactics of war. I play on an official orp cluster, so it is even easier for an aggressor to do this. There have been unreasonable dev wipes without any kind of investigation on the side of the gm. All it needs is one tribe in a cave and another one places a gate at the entrance. Then they report the tribe inside the cave for hiding behind an orp gate and everything gets wiped. The victim tribe has no chance other than to send in tickets themselves and hope fort he best, as they can not remove the gate at the entrance themselves, because it is offline raid protected. My goal here ist to shed some light onto this topic and ask the team of game moderators to be aware that they are used as weapons and should spend more time on investigations. The reporting tribe is the one that choses the evidence and the story that is told, and what facts are left out. Gms need to consider this when assessing a situation.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, acat said:

Abuse of Support System

It seems to become a habit to abuse the support system to achieve goals in pvp that would not be possible or very hard using regular/legit tactics of war. I play on an official orp cluster, so it is even easier for an aggressor to do this. There have been unreasonable dev wipes without any kind of investigation on the side of the gm. All it needs is one tribe in a cave and another one places a gate at the entrance. Then they report the tribe inside the cave for hiding behind an orp gate and everything gets wiped. The victim tribe has no chance other than to send in tickets themselves and hope fort he best, as they can not remove the gate at the entrance themselves, because it is offline raid protected. My goal here ist to shed some light onto this topic and ask the team of game moderators to be aware that they are used as weapons and should spend more time on investigations. The reporting tribe is the one that choses the evidence and the story that is told, and what facts are left out. Gms need to consider this when assessing a situation.

I honestly don't think they would wipe the tribe unless they can prove from data that cannot be manipulated by other players (such as server logs, metrics, etc.) that both tribes are somehow linked together. They usually are not taking action lightly, and only go ahead when they have irrefutable proofs that rules were broken. However, being humans, they can still do mistakes and you can always submit a ticket for review if you think an actions were wrongfully taken toward your tribe.

39 minutes ago, acat said:

Abuse of Support System

Don't build in caves, they are already OP. Combination of ORP just makes it worse.

47 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I honestly don't think they would wipe the tribe unless they can prove from data that cannot be manipulated by other players (such as server logs, metrics, etc.) that both tribes are somehow linked together. They usually are not taking action lightly, and only go ahead when they have irrefutable proofs that rules were broken. However, being humans, they can still do mistakes and you can always submit a ticket for review if you think an actions were wrongfully taken toward your tribe.

They have, i could tell you some stories... and after it happened there is no point in sending in tickets for review. Tried that but of course everything was bases on careful investigation and after that response the ticket is closed and follow up tickets are ignored in general. And i can understand that a gm is not interested in long and difficult discussions afterwards. I also understand there are many tickets to deal with for them. But due to the past i have lost faith in their „investigation“ and that tribes like to abuse the support system to get others wiped now shows that chances arent low that a gm wipes tribes without actually being able to tell whats true and what is not. 

26 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Don't build in caves, they are already OP. Combination of ORP just makes it worse.

Helpful comment, thanks. Everybody knows caves are op and lets hope wildcard changes them after they did things on those test servers last year. But as long as they exist the way they do you cant blame people for choosing the strongest spot available to them. The problem this thread is about is also not limited to cave bases. 

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Truthfully there is no possible way wildcard can tell ....Ip masking plagues official...in pvp atleast...and on console making new character \account's is tooooo easy.unlike steam where u need another payed account. 

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Wrongful wipes happen all the time..xD I read about it every week or so on these forums

Well, you read about them all the time on here. Doesn't mean it was wrongful. 

Most of the time, after some research with the support and CoC team. It wasn't wrongful, despite the "claim".

24 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Well, you read about them all the time on here. Doesn't mean it was wrongful. 

Most of the time, after some research with the support and CoC team. It wasn't wrongful, despite the "claim".

Very true .it's a touchy subject for sure xD .but I can tell you Joe that legacy doesn't have these issues ppl handle pillars much differently  . Lol is why I stay.there's no reason to have support lol.on pve atleast.sooooo much money and time spent on support. But that's another topic.

5 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Wrongful wipes happen all the time..xD I read about it every week or so on these forums. Bases wiped for a strategic pillar placed so support wipes tribe.active gm visits to official is needed.not just support responses.

9/10 of the GM does actually log into the server to look at the the issue (I have seen it first hand numerous times). They also take into the account the screen grabs.

Archived