Code Of Conduct

AxisMundi

Code Of Conduct

what's it take to get the developers to do something about pillaring and griefing etc. They've got a report form, but i'm just wondering what the use of it is when none of these tickets submitted are being chased up. I've heard from the community that the devs "don't care" and that they'll do nothing, and i'm beginning to think that this is true. In my particular case i reported the pillaring on the server that i play on (official) and the "pillaring in" several weeks ago and had zero response. Customer relations make or break a game, i thought that might have been pretty evident when you look at how other publishers/developers have handled their playerbases concerns. But maybe it's all about those pre orders, intitial release sales and pushing DLC when they should be thinking about fixing the game. Personally the only reason that i'm not puchasing the game and it's DLC (i play it on game pass) is due to the laid back attitude the developers seem to have got regarding these issues.  I'd like a response and subsequent action regarding my ticket but i'll not hold my breath. 

The fact that i'll get this post deleted and yet another warning proves my point

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, AxisMundi said:

what's it take to get the developers to do something about pillaring and griefing etc

It takes... patience. They receives a massive amount of requests to investigate, and since they are dealt in the order they are received, it can takes time for yours to be investigated depending of how many there is queued before yours. But eventually, they will get to it and take the appropriate action they see fits. Usually, they wipe all pillars from the tribes that are claiming too much land far from their bases on official PvE and probably takes further actions if needed. However, they do not discuss enforcement publicly and won't tell you the results of their investigation and/or the actions that were/weren't taken.

@invincibleqc sadly people sell spots for IRL money and this is very, very common in the chinese trading markets. I have reported tons of people for pillaring and often they got removed but it seems to depend on the enforcer taking up the issue sadly.

I won't name people but some seem to take issues like building in Oil Veins or pillaring not as an offense against the code of conduct maybe because they think it's too small of a violation? Some enforce the issues, it's like a gamble and you can't send in the same issue multiple times because the GM could ban you from using the ticket system.

So you are just left to deal with it, the same issue reported, handled by 2 different enforcers and 2 different outcomes shouldn't be normal. 

If someone builds in major resources like oil veins, city terminals (not a resource but it goes in the same direction) or pillars random areas without ''real'' buildings, they should always be handled the same way -> removal of the pillars/blocks and a warning.

The ''real'' building issue is also a big problem because those people aren't stupid, they build a small 1x1 or 2x2 building with a bed to refresh those pillars and the pillars won't get removed because those people have a ''building'' there. 

The spot selling is also an issue of this game and since you can make pretty good real money with it, you can build a huge metal box building and leave it empty for months until it's sold. I bet everyone has seen some gigantic metal base somewhere that got build pretty quickly but never used, no dinos, nothing. 

This is also not fictional because you can talk to those people pretty easily on some trading sites or discords and they willingly explain such things...

6 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@invincibleqc sadly people sell spots for IRL money and this is very, very common in the chinese trading markets. I have reported tons of people for pillaring and often they got removed but it seems to depend on the enforcer taking up the issue sadly.

I won't name people but some seem to take issues like building in Oil Veins or pillaring not as an offense against the code of conduct maybe because they think it's too small of a violation? Some enforce the issues, it's like a gamble and you can't send in the same issue multiple times because the GM could ban you from using the ticket system.

So you are just left to deal with it, the same issue reported, handled by 2 different enforcers and 2 different outcomes shouldn't be normal. 

If someone builds in major resources like oil veins, city terminals (not a resource but it goes in the same direction) or pillars random areas without ''real'' buildings, they should always be handled the same way -> removal of the pillars/blocks and a warning.

The ''real'' building issue is also a big problem because those people aren't stupid, they build a small 1x1 or 2x2 building with a bed to refresh those pillars and the pillars won't get removed because those people have a ''building'' there. 

The spot selling is also an issue of this game and since you can make pretty good real money with it, you can build a huge metal box building and leave it empty for months until it's sold. I bet everyone has seen some gigantic metal base somewhere that got build pretty quickly but never used, no dinos, nothing. 

This is also not fictional because you can talk to those people pretty easily on some trading sites or discords and they willingly explain such things...

Makes me wonder how much Wildcard are losing in sales due to pillaring. I'm a member of several ARK social media pages and pillaring regularly crops up from the so called "Bobs". They'll state that they're spawned on the beach, but aren't able to build and that when they head inland they either can't find water or get jumped by a Raptor. These people aren't returning, they're uninstalling the game and moving on. You jump on a building game and can't build, we'll then what's the point. People are frustrated and that's never a good thing.. 

so ive been told that spamming pillars or having a big base with a lot of beh around is against code of conduct, therefore mine have been wiped, 

ive been playing ark nearly 2 years, started on legacy been on official 10months, over those months spending over 1000 hours and making lots of trades buying tribes/bases off other players I acquired a lot of land for various reasons, ie marine base, raising base, metal run base, obsidian spot base, crystal base, and the mother base 

I pillar in and around my mother base, prevents dinos spawning and disturbing my babies/raising dinos and to prevent a thatch eye saw by a german guy named Gerald whos destroyed my meat run path or beh gates or my wyvern trap, which happened/happens pve players place teleporters and stuff by peoples bases they don't like and tele giggas and stuff to your base location and prevent you from expanding which im pretty sure that's what this game is all about? start with nothing and build an empire yet when reaching your pinnacle  they start destroying a mans hard time work effort and life? wow 

perhaps if the game wasn't so laggy people on the servers wouldn't pillar so theres 2000 dinos in eye distance of each other

seems like allowing gamepass freeloaders to moan they cant build after spending an hour on a busy server not realising people have devoted 1000s of hours and worked merged  and traded hard to get and obtain what they have? its ridiculous! don't expect to start playing a game that's been out 3years and have high expectations of being able to build a base in 5 mins at an easy spawn location where most people build! theres 50 people average on my server most evenings, and the lag is terrible, I have too much to transfer server to another server and at  end of the day you cant just go out in real life and just claim land, and build on it, people own it, and for good reasons, you want a piece of it you pay. poly matts dinos or build up enough trust to create an alliance, don't just wake up one morning and your fence has disappeared

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, LazaaR said:

so ive been told that spamming pillars or having a big base with a lot of beh around is against code of conduct, therefore mine have been wiped,

Claiming too much land is indeed against the rules, behemoth aren't. Look at your tribe logs and you probably have a notice from the enforcement team letting you know that your pillars were removed. The behemoths are collateral damage of the command they use because it targets structures that are not snapped:

how much is to much? we all know rome wasn't built in a day? I wanted to build exhibits for my dinos as they enabled people to gasbag them around the map didn't they? I earnt that land! took months and trades even my tek wyvern trap just 2 gates have been wiped! they block nothing and don't violate coc none of my perimeter beh gates did

not only that half my base is near half natural mountain no beh req

download all 4 dlc n the game n when you get someone build right by you n drop tek genny first after you built your base n realise you cant power tek see your opinions change then, if u get to tek stage

and as we don't all have 1000s  of premade structures to build our desired bases and in the locations we desire, a few pillars to preserve the spot whilst we gather the matts and structures to build isn't spamming the map! 

so if you find an empty cave or location where want to build you gotta grind and build it immediately you cant place pillars till you have the items required to build there? nonsense! 

@invincibleqcI fully agree that claiming tons of land and pillaring should be removed but the guy I reported on ragnarok who has a gigantic wall aroound 1/3 of the highlands and pillar spam inside the whole area didn't get his removed, should I report this issue again? I would upload a picture but it's so much land that I can't even render it with a single pic....

Maybe it wasn't removed because his walls build with stone walls instead of just gate spams.

@LazaaRI don't know how much land you claimed but it must have been a lot and on many different spots when the enforcer just does a 2 clip wipe because they normally ask for exact cords for many of the pillars to remove them.

I can understand your reasoning but claiming land is a horrible issue in this game. You can build a real wall with stone/metal or tek walls around a huge area and claim land it seems but simple pillars are an offense. A lot of people also build small buildings here and there instead of just pillaring because it also seems to prevent a pillar wipe if you place a small building from time to time.

You should't think of ''owning'' this land because you were there first. Claiming land simply to have it or  because you want to have meat farm areas is not really reasonable. I knew a guy who pillared a whole square on the map on Valg. from 10/10 to 20/20. He also thought that he ''owned'' all that because he was there first but a simple report would have gotten all of his pillars wiped. He also kept defending all his land claiming with ''I don't want people to build too near to me'' or ''I don't want anyone to build in the blue Obi'' which are very unreasonable.

The server that i'm on the  server "alphas" how clearly pillared purely out of spite. They've got there bases and have pillard all the other good spots as well as everywhere else. Nothing wrong with pillarin' around your base ot places that you intend to build on. Personally i think Wildcard need to make a few examples and perma ban a few prolific offenders. They need to ban them and put it up on their website that they intend to ban more. Honestly, Wildcard wouldn't even need to wipe the pillars as these people will wipe their own. Surely it'd be in the games best interest and financiallyWildcards as doing this will attract more players willing to buy DLC/season passes etc. players need a harsd hand willing to put these players in their place and to make a big thing about enforcement

I know people pillar for spite and profit, however the devs just wipe without asking or investigating by the looks of things, if someone has a nice spot pillared, grind and buy it off them, or if its a nice spot, chances are their intentention is to build there, don't be hostile n bitter because you cant, and start submitting tickets, that makes you the ark traffic warden so to speak, my pillars was removed and I lost a spot where I intended to build, as it only became available during xmas event n I was busy taming, and my mountain base that someone else has pillared around preventing me from expanding, when it comes to ark, have 0 expectattions and expect the un expected! every update is broke and creates more problems, every event theres a screw up, and lets not get started on genesis, better still, play minecraft

Oh whine, go play PvP lots of free land endless good spots. You just have to work for it lol

How much land is too much? It is PvE after all, do you really want the devs to make limits to what you can build. Will it still be a free to do as you will open world sandbox mmo, or would the confines make it more of a linear rail style game.

Archived