Grouping inventory stacks of the same item together.

ElectricJ

Suggestion

Grouping inventory stacks of the same item together.

I don't know if other platforms are like this but on console the inventory turns messy when you have many slots filled. I can have 50 stacks of powder randomly mixed throughout other items instead of together. As far as I can see you can only organize items by spoil time and not type. It is near impossible to do it manually because of the  musical chairs that the inventory slots love to play. This would be a handy addition to the seemingly random grouping pattern of inventories.

5 replies to this server topic

I am a little confused. Having played both the PS4 and Xbox versions of the game as a single player, dedicated host, and for xbox - a online, I have never had the issues you are seeing. Perhaps if your sort by weight or spoil time - you would have the same items in multiple locations based on some items spoiling sooner or being heavier than other stacks in your inventory.

However if you sort the items alphabetically ascending or descending, that issue should go away

*unless, and this is only based on past experience, you have everything sorted, access a folder of items, and then move back to the main list. In that case I have had things reorganize in my inventory. Which is usually fixed quickly be resorting the items or stepping out of the inventory and then back into it. 

Even when my inventory has been maxed to 100%, I have never had the alphabetical sorting option cause issue (besides that which is described with the folders - but then again, easy fix) 

14 hours ago, ElectricJ said:

The only sorting option I have is to sort by spoil time, unless I am missing something here.

When you open your character screen at the top of the list there is a Search, Transfer, Sort... etc options. 

Hover over the Sort option and at the top of the screen, on the left side, there should be different options of buttons you can use to sort your inventory. Press any of the twice and it will change it from Ascending to Descending or Less weight to more. I think they are the () (?) buttons, but I don't have the game in front of me atm. 

Archived