ARK Digest 29 & Worldwide Mod Contests Finalists Voting!

Jen

On 4/7/2016 at 10:50 PM, Casanova said:

New accounts need to have a minimum of 30 posts to vote in the polls. This stops new account spam.

That's ridiculous. I understand the need to stop the account spam and the 'I am a human!' button in the edit profile, but then to also have to post 30 times before I can vote on my favorite mod is basically forcing me to 'spam' 29 'I could have done without typing this up' posts. Making me 'spam' useless messages- ugh.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Yke said:

That's ridiculous. I understand the need to stop the account spam and the 'I am a human!' button in the edit profile, but then to also have to post 30 times before I can vote on my favorite mod is basically forcing me to 'spam' 29 'I could have done without typing this up' posts. Making me 'spam' useless messages- ugh.

You have over a month to vote, so get involved in the community and interact with people. You have plenty of time. Useless 'spam' posts wont get you very far.

I'm really sorry to be the fly in the soup, but I think some things are not right with the mod contest.

it's true that I'm disapointed my mod was not selected, but I have comments to do about the way the contest occurs.

- I never have answers from admins on forums to my questions concerning the contest.

- I never received confirmation about my submission (like everyone, i suppose).

- We had the information that the submission period was prolongated, just before the deadline. Too bad for people that planned things...

- finally, I think the selected mods don't all fit in the criterias (Originality/creativity, Overall graphical or functional quality/polish, Entertainment value). It would be fine if the less scoring mods (< 5%) were removed to give a chance to others.

Please be sure I really enjoy with the Ark game and the community, some people are really nice and helpful, I had good time and learned many things, but things are too hazardous and arbitrary for me...

10 hours ago, mokauno said:

I'm really sorry to be the fly in the soup, but I think some things are not right with the mod contest.

it's true that I'm disapointed my mod was not selected, but I have comments to do about the way the contest occurs.

- I never have answers from admins on forums to my questions concerning the contest.

- I never received confirmation about my submission (like everyone, i suppose).

- We had the information that the submission period was prolongated, just before the deadline. Too bad for people that planned things...

- finally, I think the selected mods don't all fit in the criterias (Originality/creativity, Overall graphical or functional quality/polish, Entertainment value). It would be fine if the less scoring mods (< 5%) were removed to give a chance to others.

Please be sure I really enjoy with the Ark game and the community, some people are really nice and helpful, I had good time and learned many things, but things are too hazardous and arbitrary for me...

I HAVE TO AGREE this 100% 

On 10.4.2016 at 1:31 PM, mokauno said:

That would turn the modding contest more into a popularity contest. The public voting does only account for 40% of the final scoring.

If we wanted that they could just take the most popular mods from steam and be done with contest :D

That would turn the modding contest more into a popularity contest. The public voting does only account for 40% of the final scoring.

If we wanted that they could just take the most popular mods from steam and be done with contest

I was more thinking of a new selection by Studio Wildcard, keeping the 5 best mods and selecting 5 others, then doing a new voting round from zero.

It would then be a real competition, and would give a chance to mods that were not selected.

And why not doing that 2 or 3 times  ?

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎08 at 11:14 AM, CautiousCreeper said:

I'd rather see a creature that's not in todays world in the game. Something that could replace the camel, instead of just getting a camel in game

dude if u do look it up the camelops IS a creature that did exist during the ice age

Edited by Bulborb87

On 4/10/2016 at 2:40 AM, Casanova said:

You have over a month to vote, so get involved in the community and interact with people. You have plenty of time. Useless 'spam' posts wont get you very far.

And this one is awesome too - what if I don't like to "interact with the people" for whatever reason I might have - that makes my opinion of a great mod invalid? I played Annunaki Genesis for weeks and it's brilliant - but oh well, I was never a socialite so I can't vote. My bad :)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, NightAngel said:

I would think it would add to new account spam as we have to post 30 things to be able to vote - so ppl will just post whatever to up their count, no? 

Not really. There have been a few bad eggs that just necro bump topics with fairly nonsensical spam, but the things they post are brought into consideration and dealt with accordingly.

5 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Not really. There have been a few bad eggs that just necro bump topics with fairly nonsensical spam, but the things they post are brought into consideration and dealt with accordingly.

Well, that they're dealt with is a good thing anyway, no one likes a troll or a spammer lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jen unfeatured and unpinned this topic