Has Extinction got darker since latest patch?

Allanballan

Has Extinction got darker since latest patch?

Hey,

Just transfered to my Extinction server and notice a big shift in the  brightness of the map. In first person mode it has gone darker and even more dark in third person mode. All players on my server has mentioned it so it is not just me.

So is anyone else noticing this? Or is there something going on with my server.

• Allanballan changed the title to Has Extinction got darker since latest patch?

I am also experiencing the same thing.  There are significant differences from 1st person, to 3rd.  I have noticed this in all areas of the upper world.  Wasteland, Sanctuary, Ice, and Desert.

The Sunken Forest is also really really dark.  That may not have changed, but I always have to up the gamma down there.  You think this is worthy of a bug report or something?

I should add, I play on PC PvE Official

Yes I just have written comment on Steam forum about it:

Lightning issues on Extinction
A week or two ago I noticed weired game behavior on Extinction:

a. Sudden burst of light even if I am standing still. Firstly I thought someting was in path of light (Ptera, Tape), but no there was not and it happened even in shadowed areas.
b. Change of overall lightning when changing first person and third person when riding an animal. In third person picture is unpleasantly darker than in first person.

Sample: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MR-EP3RHljBlf_OP5E6CZasalqEceKXl

I did not changed game settings anyhow.
I think I installed newer NVIDIA driver (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080)
I definitely installled ARK updates.
There is no problem on Ragnarok.

1. Does anybody noticed the same problem?
2. Does anybody know if there is a solution?

Same thing for me and my wife, we play on a private server (asm).  from extrem dark to extrem bright, sometimes with flickering.

on singleplayer also, with or without mods loaded.  happens for us after the xmas event finished. i tryed some previous "flickering" solutions i could find but none of them works.

wo both have gtx 1070´s, latest drivers.

strange things happent to us, we standing close togehter on our owls and i droped an item out of the owls inventory and bam... for both of us it was getting bright, we were both in 3rd person, also after a sideseeing tour in one of the bioms i had for hours a working dynamic light, no flicker or dark bright till the next restart.

I finally solved the problem, for me anyway. Here's what I did. I have a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, I was told that graphic card has flickering problems so I did my research. Most of the 10 series has that problem with Nividia but it's more common in the 1080 Ti. If you don't have that problem then consider you a lucky person.

I borrowed a 2080 RTX Ti and the flickers lessened a lot but didn't stop. So I changed some setting in the Nividia control panel, program settings. I turned off all the Antialiasing and Turned on the Max Frame Rate to 60hz and the Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA). The Flickering stopped and the Lighting brightened to normal. All my problems stopped.

When I put back in my graphic card the 1080 Ti, I kept the same Nividia settings, I still had the flickering but it was barley noticeable and the lighting was still bright. I feel like my card is reaching it's max.

I hope this helps.

Archived