Community Crunch 213: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Evo Event

Cedric

Thank you @Cedric for doing your best in keeping the community together I know there's a lot of critical comments but here's one for the team I apperciate your time and hard work I'm sure its really hard dealing with the heavy negativity but I love ark and atlas there delightful games that have been with me since GP I hope you @Cedric get plenty of rest in the weekend and enjoy the rest of your day!

console has had a total of 4 updates in 3 days making a total of around 75-80gb, what are you doing that needs updates that big and everyday sometimes twice a day coz myself and other sure as hell dont see a difference apart from extinction going back to it normally laggy self. hurry up and sell the game to a company that actually knows how to listen to their community and that can actually release updates and patches that dont completely screw game, you obviously dont know what ur doing and sure as hell aint listening to us!

i have over 10k hours on ark thats literally over a year of my life playing this game and i have to say this is the lowest the game has ever been, u need to listen to us and stop being sell outs or ur gonna start losing your players

Edited by badditude

Is anyone having connection issues today Saturday January 18th 2020? Cant seem to log into any servers including the ones I own. Closed app, restarted ps4 multiple times,  and still get connection to host issue. If this is a known issue where do I go to see If wildcard is looking Into this? Nothing about it anywhere. Is it just me?

Hey it's primitive plus, you know your forgotten children. It would be really nice if you would stop poopting all over us everytime you make an "improvement" after the last patch I can't even login 75% of the time and currently have a dozen baby rock drakes needing food and imprints. while we're talking about quality of life improvements here's an idea, how about you fix the drops you broke on us LAST YEAR!! That would be very impressive, just saying. instead of making new maps how about you fix the game first 

3 hours ago, Infinitekillz said:

Same here!

Xbox

Could not retrieve address

I've been having issues logging in since yesterday.   I have to feed my dinos and everything is about to auto decay cause I can't log in.   I'm so frustrated with this game.  I swear if I lose my dinos again to server issues I'm going to quit ark.  This would be the 3rd time it's happened!  

Game keeps saying " could not receive address ". I'm on Xbox and it is really getting me annoyed. I am alpha of my main server and I spented hours, weeks, days to reach the static I'm at. I would hate to suddenly get wiped for not being online for long enough. 

This all started 3 days after the latest update dropped for Xbox. 

Pls can someone please tell me how to fix this I have : restarted my console and internet, unplugged all wires, uninstalled and reinstalled. 

Edited by Armoredkd209
Spelling errors

25 minutes ago, MyDNAisMusic said:

I've been having issues logging in since yesterday.   I have to feed my dinos and everything is about to auto decay cause I can't log in.   I'm so frustrated with this game.  I swear if I lose my dinos again to server issues I'm going to quit ark.  This would be the 3rd time it's happened!  

This happened to me too I am soo angry I have tried everything I hope someone fixes it 

Thanks for all that you guys do to make this game great. I have a question. I play on a legacy server, which is getting ready to be shut down, no problem, I want to move my animals to a server that my friends and I are currently renting. When will we get more info on this?  Click is ticking and still no news on how to transfer my stuff to my new home. Thanks in advance!  Growler legacy cluster 10

@Cedricteleporting corrupted dinos is still a huge issue on extinction, players have lost their whole bases because others griefed them with corrupted.

You would have to put out endless amounts of defense to protect yourself and even then, a small hole in the defense can break open your base for griefers/thiefs. 

They build teleporters above other peoples bases, you are forced to pillar gigantic areas and can get reported for it.

The corrupted take no damage from normal turrets, so you have to set out dinos which you have to feed over big areas and plant turrets which you have to fertilize. 

This is not PVE anymore, Extinction was and always have been griefer invested. It would already fix a lot of issues if you disabled the corrupted/wild dino teleport.

Thanks for reading.

> Velos are primarily intended to help in base defenses but they were far stronger in the meta than intended.

Well, now velos are kinda annoying same as manas I guess.

Velos are okay if they not shooting anything, which also means you don't need them in the first place. When they do shoot anything, they starving. One would think that fixing higher_than_intended damage output would be enough, but I guess you saw it differently. Now player needs to stand there filling trough for velos to not die. Though it might be preferable outcome since they can't kill anything without taking few breaks in process.

One wild doed can kill all your velos without hitting them once. 

Mana was cheapest and cheesiest concept from the beginning and still is.

Instead of making them unsaddlable and unbreedable you decided to make them annoying to use.

Instead of balancing them to make manas cool but niche creatures that would be strong for one task, but meh for another, you trying to make them so inconvenient that no one would use it without really making it weaker.

Lets make lightspeed breedable aquatic flyer with ranged stun attack and saddle and then pretend chipping away from number of jumps makes it not godlike anymore. Honestly, I'm really surprised you find it surprising it is still one of most used species.

You still see these species used much more than they deserve because of inertia. Players spent a lot of time and ingots/element to acquire those fancy creatures which became more of a nuisance than anything useful. Personally, I'm burning wood all day long to switch to turrets.

Hope you are not planning tiredness mechanic(overheating) for those too.

And no, I'm not mad, just disappointed.

wildcard = great ideas, worst handling

fix your game!!

Really??? a 3y old game and it works like #$%!?

if i work like that on my job i get fired!

so well done grass-smoking misfits that get payed!

again 2 updates before the weekend that #$%!? everything up (aka my free time).

begin to use PTS instead of puking bad updates in the public world! Everyone knows your coding sucks, so act like it!!!

Yep me too. As well as paid for the season pass scorched, & upcoming Genesis expansion.  Wildcard this isn't fair to anyone.  Have lost so many Dino's, bases, time.  If things do measure up to where we can play again could you at least consider raising the evolution event! Instead of just on weekends! People have jobs. None of this is free especially to add having to pay for PlayStation plus to access a game that has been broken since beta.  Please fix

Why do you keep bringing out new content to an already broken game? This game has been around for 3+ years and it's more broken now then it was in the beginning. Mesh detection programs are already in existence on servers you just can't admit someone has done what you couldn't or wouldn't do. Pull your head out of your ass and implement the poop on all official servers. Then when you thought it couldn't get worse here comes duping AGAIN! You're honestly the worst developer of anything I've seen let a lone a video game. You had one of the best concepts of a game ever and you turned it into one big pile of poop. Congratulations you ruined a great game, now do everyone a favour and sell it to a company that gives a poop and will actually listen to the people that play!

Hey it's primitive plus, you know your forgotten children. It would be really nice if you would stop poopting all over us everytime you make an "improvement" after the last patch I can't even login 75% of the time and currently have a dozen baby rock drakes needing food and imprints. while we're talking about quality of life improvements here's an idea, how about you fix the drops you broke on us LAST YEAR!! That would be very impressive, just saying. instead of making new maps how about you fix the game first 

I am Sure no one will actually take this seriously, but I’m going to rant about it anyway. I started playing ARK about three months ago, I stumbled upon an ad while on unemployment as I’m a seasonal employee. I got some friends involved and about 15 of us started a tribe. Since then we have been raided 7 times on three different servers for no reason at all. From tribes that cryopod and transfer servers for that sole reason. Just to be pathetic. Now only myself and one other person play. I am the only one who has bought genesis. I have discussed this in other forums and social media and ARK is losing so many players because of this. How can you expect new players to continue to play if they can’t even get started without getting wiped over and over again. Along with the buying of tames and bases is just unplayable for any new person, that just wants to do it right. I’ve been holding out for genesis but is it even worth it? 

wildcard do you want to fix?
Well, let's think about ps4, fix the (TIRON) that you give when you open the inventory of a creature or the survivor's own inventory. Listen more to your community. You have an excellent game but you are leaving this horrible game right now, it does not give us a clear date. of genesis and each of the cedric publications in the community are just things we already know and try to always avoid the date (if you do not have the work that has to have been completed more than a month ago and would almost be 2) do not publish something that does not know exactly if it will be launched or not, maybe today try to avoid as usual the date of your DLC but if this does not come out in January I will reimburse this pass of genesis and not because they delayed it, if not to stop side to the community and also to stop talking about this dlc we have not talked about genesis since (December 9)