Community Crunch 213: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Evo Event

Cedric

So hey, if we are not going to know the date of genesis i would much prefer if you made it as late as possible so then it is actually at it's best quality for when it comes out. But preferably not not another month or two or i might end up completely forgetting genesis was a thing untill it actually comes out

@Cedric Hello admin. I'll be honest over here, I have been playing Ark for a very long time now and have loved every bit of it. The details with which the game has been developed it's like a never-ending mystery. But there are few things which are just ripping the potential of this game. I have been playing on smalltribes with few friends of mine and I know how difficult it is to set up there. But even if we manage to get a good base running, we get attacked from the mesh and there's no way stopping it. There's literally no way you can stop tek rifle coming from the mesh and destroying all your generators. This is game breaking as well as frustrating, putting all those sleepless hours in the game and then losing it all to unfair means. Just 5 days after your Patch Notes on mesh exploits fix we get wiped through the mesh! This is totally frustrating and makes me feel like I have wasted all my time playing your game because it is just plain pointless. You guy's will just keep losing genuine players and all there left will be exploiters with 5-6 mesh accounts bought during 70% sale. Good Luck with your future endeavors. Ark is dead for me.

Edited by HKZ
Mentioning

On 1/20/2020 at 1:21 AM, Newplayersunwanted said:

I am Sure no one will actually take this seriously, but I’m going to rant about it anyway. I started playing ARK about three months ago, I stumbled upon an ad while on unemployment as I’m a seasonal employee. I got some friends involved and about 15 of us started a tribe. Since then we have been raided 7 times on three different servers for no reason at all. From tribes that cryopod and transfer servers for that sole reason. Just to be pathetic. Now only myself and one other person play. I am the only one who has bought genesis. I have discussed this in other forums and social media and ARK is losing so many players because of this. How can you expect new players to continue to play if they can’t even get started without getting wiped over and over again. Along with the buying of tames and bases is just unplayable for any new person, that just wants to do it right. I’ve been holding out for genesis but is it even worth it? 

What is the right way? Getting wiped sucks yes but in pvp raiding is a thing that happens, create an alliance with one of the big tribes on the server to help start out or play on a beginner server to get an understanding of the game, and if you just want to play non pvp join a pve server or get together with the 15 people you have and run an unofficial server/private server for them. Otherwise it's part of the pvp game 

Yep. Get off of PvP. I started on it when Ark just came out and I would get raided as soon as I hung it up . Now I play pv e but hear this everything I have raised and tame is going to be wipe by Wild Card even my player. Why? Its because I started on a primative server Offical and they locked primative from moving . Bye bye Gigas. This group are the first players on Ark. Yes we have characters on the newer servers just to do boss fighting but have no bases or tames. We where getting ready to do the new d l c but no. We are newbie s again with more hours then most lol

On 1/20/2020 at 7:21 AM, Newplayersunwanted said:

I am Sure no one will actually take this seriously, but I’m going to rant about it anyway. I started playing ARK about three months ago, I stumbled upon an ad while on unemployment as I’m a seasonal employee. I got some friends involved and about 15 of us started a tribe. Since then we have been raided 7 times on three different servers for no reason at all. From tribes that cryopod and transfer servers for that sole reason. Just to be pathetic. Now only myself and one other person play. I am the only one who has bought genesis. I have discussed this in other forums and social media and ARK is losing so many players because of this. How can you expect new players to continue to play if they can’t even get started without getting wiped over and over again. Along with the buying of tames and bases is just unplayable for any new person, that just wants to do it right. I’ve been holding out for genesis but is it even worth it? 

This is why many groups of friends simply host private servers.
Theres no point playing on a large public PVP server if you expect to be able to keep anything alive without being raided and having everything you worked so hard for destroyed, for fun, by other players.

Servers are fairly cheap for a small 20person or less server.

Alternatively, you can host one yourself if somebody has a spare decent computer. (Trust me, we've hosted one ourselves for the past 2 maps)

I'm always shocked when people complain "Boo hoo, i'm on a PVP server, and i got raided :( " Dont play on PVP unless you plan on engaging in PVP or getting all your poop killed/stolen/trashed.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:21 AM, Newplayersunwanted said:

You can only expect less from PvP servers. PvE is your solution.

Edited by Oieru

On 1/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, VibeIt said:

I want to say the same but i got meshed litterly 2hrs before this patch went through. By the very tribe we fairly online wiped the day prior. I had a 6hr defense and several clips. Months of work gone to 2 guys with a vendetta who cheated to win. Unfortunately this isn't the first time and likely the last straw, we uninstalled ark for the foreseeable future considering it is no longer a viable or reliable game to play. Enforcement ignored all our pleas as well. The meshing is too consistent and ignored, we're sick of it!

I see your point. Meshing is a big problem and I had some friends on Small Tribes PC get meshed not even 12 hours before the patch released too on aberration. But Cedric still does his best to keep up in the loop with what he can tell us. There are games out there that don't even talk to their community so I am happy that Cedric talks to all of us.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Joegamer33 said:

Sry if I missed it but when will we be able to download the latest legacy servers that were shut down so we can play them on single player or is that not going to be an option?

You can find them under [SUPPORT] → [Server Backups]: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/