Community Crunch 213: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Evo Event

Cedric

55 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They have said multiple times over the years that it's not a bug, it's an intended mechanic.

So resources meant to re-spawn, that NEVER re-spawn, are an intended mechanic? LOL. It's clearly a bug. 

Perhaps you don't understand what I'm referring to. Normally when you gather resources, and spend enough time at far enough distance away, they will re-spawn. However, with this bug, if you leave the area entirely before they spawn back, the resources NEVER re-spawn regardless of how long you wait, even if you go back and wait at a distance for hours and hours. 

After days of trying to find an answer, I did find that there's an unreliable 'work around', that involves setting your server settings for resource re-spawns to 0.0. Just doing that alone won't bring them back. However, if you go back to where the resources were after setting to 0.0. then spend some time there (they still won't re-spawn), then move just out of render distance - but not too far away, they will SOMETIMES re-spawn. I had to do this a number of times before it finally worked.

Incidentally, my server was already set to fairly fast re-spawns before the issue occurred (0.25). So it was never an issue of not waiting long enough. They were gone for many real time days. 

Edited by DeHammer

Will Official and of Small Tribes be wiping any time soon?

With the removal of legacy servers will new servers be created and current servers be moved to a different cluster? 

If neither of these are happening will tribes that have 1000s of duped tames, gear and structures be deleted or their duped items be deleted?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

So resources meant to re-spawn, that NEVER re-spawn, are an intended mechanic? LOL. It's clearly a bug. 

Perhaps you don't understand what I'm referring to. Normally when you gather resources, and spend enough time at far enough distance away, they will re-spawn. However, with this bug, if you leave the area entirely before they spawn back, the resources NEVER re-spawn regardless of how long you wait, even if you go back and wait at a distance for hours and hours. 

After days of trying to find an answer, I did find that there's an unreliable 'work around', that involves setting your server settings for resource re-spawns to 0.0. Just doing that alone won't bring them back. However, if you go back to where the resources were after setting to 0.0. then spend some time there (they still won't re-spawn), then move just out of render distance - but not too far away, they will SOMETIMES re-spawn. I had to do this a number of times before it finally worked.

Incidentally, my server was already set to fairly fast re-spawns before the issue occurred (0.25). So it was never an issue of not waiting long enough. They were gone for many real time days. 

It's funny, there was a lot of miscommunication about this a long time ago.

I was able to dig this up though.

Seems they are aware of the issue you are talking about. But it doesn't look like they are in a hurry to fix it.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

Cedric that means you can sit on the any while the crab carries it why is the group making the game worse it's bad enough you still get put in the map whilst on a rock drake all the dinos keep getting nerfed   players on some servers are making the game unbearable to play as they are constantly blocking spawns and nothing gets done about it you put in a ticket the reply you get is sorry nothing we can do I truly think the focus for the team working on issues should be focus on the big issues of the game e.g.  foul play, being put through the map on abb that issue has been there since abb opened and has never been addressed now the foul play issue is clearly on other players on some servers is there a way to address foul play from other players where we won't get the response sorry but nothing we can do ?

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's funny, there was a lot of miscommunication about this a long time ago.

I was able to dig this up though.

Seems they are aware of the issue you are talking about. But it doesn't look like they are in a hurry to fix it.

Thanks for finding and posting that.

Even if they really wanted to prevent people from reloading the game to insta-spawn resources, killing the respawn entirely if the player leaves the server is not the answer. It would make more sense to put a timer on a respawn that stays statically linked to the server's up-time. Kind of like the cryo-pod sleep sickness timer. You can't just reload your game to kill the cryo-pod sleep sickness timer; it has to run its course. They could do the same with resource spawns, except it wouldn't be linked to the player's presence on the server like cryo-pods are; just to the server's up-time.

It's definitely impacting the quality of play, as people are forced to modify their server settings to make resources spawn as soon as they move out of range. I would prefer to have a slightly longer time between resource re-spawns on my non-dedicated server, but this bug doesn't leave us that option. 

Edited by DeHammer

Good results, personally felt a bit of a shame to get the QoL patches so late in time compared to how much people asked. few personal disagreements with the managamr. didn't use it much anyway so eh... 

My main problem is how it's prided server stability/performance is good... sorry but now going 4 years into this game it's been about the same, if not worse on all official servers I have played as well as how there is transfer bugs/character deletions still happening years after release. 

I'd say there's been more good than bad this time, however the massive problem is how unplayable certain servers are, whilst others are about average at best.

Edited by CJW

I want a date for genesis, it's not fair, they already delayed the release of genesis a lot,
 I bought genesis hoping to enter for December and now February is coming
, and they still can't give an answer, I just want to know if genesis is going to be in this month,
 if I don't want a refund thank you.
Edited by SilverfangMx
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, MIracolix87 said:

In what way would it be different for now? ppl arte already paying real money for dinos and bases.

I think there is a real problem before that reason of ppl buying for real money.

lets think this currency system a bit further... in which way should the player be able  to earn money? Maybe through quests, or implementing a new resource and smelt gold to gold coins or by killing Enemies (NPC'S)? IF there where an auction system you could by dinos and BP'S but what next if you have all you need the money will only grow .... so for a good currency system there should be something that keeps the player spending there money.

yes this already happens but this would make it even more common and even easier to buy Dino’s and bases with real money

The QOL changes yall are implementing are what made me come back to ark, i would really love to see some options regarding graphics on xbox one(think center sun being BLINDING to the point you cant play in that direction), i would also like to see maybe a piece of Tek that will auto pick up Fertilized eggs and non fert eggs, maybe a Tek Air Conditioner, in general what (in my opinion) ark would benefit from is some automation of some sort to reduce the sheer tedium of the game, i have genuinely worn out 3 controllers in the past 2 years JUST from playing ark, make the Automation Tek and hard to get idc, just please implement some sort of tedium relief.

thank you Wildcard for sticking with us and this game, yall have a very special place in my heart simply because yall havent dipped on us yet(99% of gamedevs i can think of woulda bailed LONG BEFORE now)

hmmm first what ever you did to velos has caused them to die from lack of food when on ai turret mode. (ps4) We lost a bunch!!!! We have turned all our velos off. They in one move lost all use, and yes I for one used them purely for base defense in pve.

Second is my character was not getting experience from resting in a tek bed. This is the case for 3 different ones. all 130+. Please fix

finally I logged in here looking for a set in stone release date of genesis.....end of january is vague at best. Many of us have base(s) to close so we can give the new map our full attention. 

Hey Cedric my dude, what if i gave you a choice. Think of something you want in this whole wide world. Now you have two options, you can get it 10 years or at any random point in your life. Now let's just say for argument sake you said 10 years, now 10 years come up and i tell you it will be another year or you can wait at any random moment again.... people like seeing an end goal, i understand you want the bugs iron out and believe me i do too, but lack of the date is what is making people so salty. I for one, check this website hourly cause i want know when it will come out. Instead now i can't just sit back and wait for a date. And even if you push it out, at least we will have another end date in sight

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SilverfangMx said:

I want a date for genesis, it's not fair, they already delayed the release of genesis a lot,
 I bought genesis hoping to enter for December and now February is coming
, and they still can't give an answer, I just want to know if genesis is going to be in this month,
 if I don't want a refund thank you.

Put it this way if genesis comes before march i will eat my underpants

Edited by davetherave
  • Haha 2

The delay is due to the fact that it has identified critical issues identified in some accounts of people playing on new servers (pvp and pve) not previously listed and this is unbalancing the game. The wiser solution will lead to a much larger discussion than we have today. To keep the game balanced, and have a new DLC just probably all current servers will become legacy.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:35 PM, BrunoFENIX said:

For the sake of the dinosaur gods, someone make this manticora land, preferably before Genesis.

This. I fear that the manticore bug (and other Valguero related bugs) will fall into the pile of forgotten bugs once Genesis releases, which is a shame since Valguero is an awesome map.
The worst part is that most bugs related to valguero are extremally easy to fix.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:53 PM, Cedric said:

Good feedback.  There is some internal discussion on how to communicate service updates/outages in the future but this (posts like these) are a good step in terms of communication.

As to the other points, the most I can do is voice this feedback.  The team has used betas but typically not for DLC content.

May I make a request to Wildcard teams? Can yo please allow a beta environment up so that we as your community can go in create or copy our desired survivors or dinos and then allow us to test? So maybe we can help you find bugs? would that be too hard to do? So then you can go hey we posted this build refresh we can go in see how that is give you feedback with a feedback button in the UI or a report a Bug with a box so we can give you feedback and a screenshot and cords of where it happened time all that stuff and then you could use that for some of this. Would that help?

5 hours ago, Sputnicker said:

This. I fear that the manticore bug (and other Valguero related bugs) will fall into the pile of forgotten bugs once Genesis releases, which is a shame since Valguero is an awesome map.
The worst part is that most bugs related to valguero are extremally easy to fix.

I believe Manti core not landing is normal due to him being scorched earth boss which allows flyers to the boss fight no need for him to land in that fight so the same mechanism  for him on other maps that don't allow flyers.

44 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

I believe Manti core not landing is normal due to him being scorched earth boss which allows flyers to the boss fight no need for him to land in that fight so the same mechanism  for him on other maps that don't allow flyers.

Yeah, you're right... it has the same behavior because it is the same creature (Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_C on both).
But they could make the same thing they did on Ragnarok (Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_Ragnarok_C) and create a new creature based on the main one , but with a different behavior, landing once every few minutes (could be named Manticore_Character_BP_Easy_Valguero_C).

On 1/14/2020 at 5:41 PM, VeeTea said:

@Cedric The man we need but we don't deserve. Thanks for keeping everyone informed as much as you do!

I want to say the same but i got meshed litterly 2hrs before this patch went through. By the very tribe we fairly online wiped the day prior. I had a 6hr defense and several clips. Months of work gone to 2 guys with a vendetta who cheated to win. Unfortunately this isn't the first time and likely the last straw, we uninstalled ark for the foreseeable future considering it is no longer a viable or reliable game to play. Enforcement ignored all our pleas as well. The meshing is too consistent and ignored, we're sick of it!