Community Crunch 213: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Evo Event

Cedric

C'mon Cedric, you have got to be kidding right? Are we going to nostalgically skip along the yellow brick road of Ark development over the last few months or are you guys gonna actually show us something?  You guys are beta testing the new map and system, record some video and throw it up on the darn site already so we can at least get a peek of what your doing, give us a little hope and a spark to relight the interests in what many are starting to feel is fruitless wait for an underwhelming finished product. 

Removed all decorations after the event - So much for a QoL improvement. 

Disable all tail animations - Maybe next year? My FPS dies with 20+ dinos out on a 1080

Paint fix for white coloring on metal - Thinking this will never happen, why?

Dino's inside a leash get stuck on the border - Let's forget about that, shall we.

Dino's on wander can mesh through structures - Render or stasis the correct time please. Structures should all load and then dinosaurs. This seems to be common sense if you think about it. Logic. If than else. just define your processing exactly how you want it to operate.  I want to be fair, so i will say this process seems to be a little sloppy loading top down for everything at the same time.

A little further out...

Please for the love of god make a map for trading in game.  This forum trading, discord searching, google finding, server hopping strategy is just wasteful. Our time should be 'your time' and by forcing people 'figure it out for themselves, eventually they will find it if they care enough' doesn't seem like a nice approach. I've given you ideas for the past 2 years in hopes that maybe a spoiler or leak would of told us this is in the works.  PVP can benefit just as much as PVE making a destination to go and not fight, strictly for trades in game.   The addition to chibi's makes this even more demanding.  this is an item based game and by characterization,  we collect things and build. that's it.  I would love for the day you guys got into critical thinking mode and gave every resource a currency exchange. (Every time i see someone say hard poly is equal to 2 ingots blows my mind, thieves and con artists.)

I'll leave the ball in your court my friends, I just hope you show up and play to win.  (Not pay to win)  ;)  ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Rio4201 said:

Wow an actual currency system in Ark would be interesting, but it scares me to some degree as with currency comes many other evil corruptions to a seemingly simple system lol. Corporate greed, Gold Sellers, microooooo transactions. *faceplant*

I don’t think a currency system would work because it might lead to micro transactions and people just paying real money for dinos

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sandyjack2 said:

Getting tired of wild card avoiding the question of when Genesis is dropping. I do know that the beta testers are starting this week from a friend. So I guess next week hopefully they have an answer. Lol

Look at it this way, they said late january, there's lots of january left, im hoping for jan. 31 and you?

Edited by Likeitis

5 hours ago, NickonzoTTV said:

Oświadczyli już, że nie mają środków, aby nad tym popracować. Polubiliby to w przyszłości, ale nie teraz. Właśnie dlatego polecam, aby niszczyli oficjalne serwery PVP i zrobili coś lepszego. Oficjalny pvp to nic innego jak spowolnienia co 15 minut z powodu ratowania świata, oszukiwania i zachęcania do NAPRAWDĘ niezdrowego stylu życia.

Didn't they ever make pvp again?

All creatures and things are weakened for pvp, where PvE suffers from it...

Next aberration tree / exti tree what it is tree where we cant put tree platform and juice faucet... ?

Imo. They can modify the PVP + ARK:SOFT in 1 production with mode primitiv+ / normal / TEK.

Eg. servers with systems ark:soft but with pvp on 2 tribes (35 players vs 35 players) "divided into epochs"

Primitiv+ (no technology), normal - assault rifle, sniper, granates, and TEK- tek weapons, tek saddles etc. 

I find it hard to describe because English is not my language, but there are plenty of opportunities to be original.

It's completely ridiculous that Extinction is still broken. Not sure how you've got any issues that are bigger than entire map being essentially worthless. But hey I guess we need to stir excitement for the new content $$$...Let's don't get me started on how long the wait is to get a character restored. Oh, it's right at two months!

My incentive to spend is likely less than your incentive to fix the stuff you broke!

5 hours ago, randomperson363 said:

I don’t think a currency system would work because it might lead to micro transactions and people just paying real money for dinos

In what way would it be different for now? ppl arte already paying real money for dinos and bases.

I think there is a real problem before that reason of ppl buying for real money.

lets think this currency system a bit further... in which way should the player be able  to earn money? Maybe through quests, or implementing a new resource and smelt gold to gold coins or by killing Enemies (NPC'S)? IF there where an auction system you could by dinos and BP'S but what next if you have all you need the money will only grow .... so for a good currency system there should be something that keeps the player spending there money.

Well it’s refreshing to see a community crunch that has some meat and taters instead of “hey here’s new content we’re gonna release OP and then nerf to borderline useless when people use it to be toolbags”.  Now guided there’s always people out there that are gonna cheat, lie and abuse others to get ahead of everyone else, and those problems seem to be more evident on PvP rather than PvE.  The issues between the 2 just strengthens the argument to separate the game modes with their own specific balances.  After the patch on Friday and S+ being broken all weekend, I agree that there should be no updates on Fridays anymore.  That’s happened in the past and pissed A LOT of players off because of structures, dinos and progress that we worked so hard to accomplish over the weekend was just for nought.  @Cedric, it’s good to see more communication coming from you in regards to things happening.  As far as genesis, there’s a mountain of other problems that need addressing before genesis launches.  Extinction is just flat out broken, there’s problems with the center, valguero just seems to be a storage facility and eggs.  Ya can’t transfer ice wyverns out higher than lvl 95, and the spawns are messed up on ragnarok, and there’s a full laundry list of issues on the other maps that need some serious attention.  The island is 5 years old.....it could REALLY use a face lift.

Now that it seems and appears that you guys are cracking down the cheaters and focusing more on QOL, which is a LOOOONNNGGGG time coming, can we get transfer timers dropped in PVE?  For those of us who play the game for what it is and follow the rules it is such a pain in the butt.  Also could we get a limit to movement speed added back to the flyers (ptera, argy, tape and quetz)?  Now I’m not calling for complete removal I’m just asking for a MS stat limit.  

Thank you for the updates though Cedric!  It would be awesome if we have more like that!  It’s about time!  Please keep us all informed!  Best of luck in the coming New Year!

Currency is an object that stands in for trade and has value because people recognize it as having value.  that's kind of how it works now, people use resources as currency.  What you want is a regulated market.  Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. it's unreasonable to get upset because someone is charging a specific price and others are paying it if you believe in the concept of trade in the first place.

it is not out of malice but in my opinion you have ruined them Managarmr and Velonasaurs now with this update that you have done I see them really useless at this point 6 jumps, 6 overhangs and 3 dash before it must land .. and now the Velonasaurs is really sorry as damage  with the end .. now I see them useless

• Like 1

Performance, Bugs, Balance, Quality of Life and fixing Exploits are important to us and we know they hold a high priority for you folks too. 

Great to hear that. Now could you please show a bit of love to all the people who play single player or non-dedicated servers and have to endure the 'resources never spawn back' bug that's been in the game since it released?

Nearly half a decade later and this major bug still plagues us. 

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 5:51 PM, Cedric said:

How bout me and tons of players from our server have been tweeting you and lilpanda for close to 2 weeks now about our server suddenly missing aberration, extinction and our tek engrams?

https://old.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/eniyv9/official_naorpscorched_earthcluster_6_is_missing/?st=k5gu6y3s&sh=3c6331e7

The server has them disabled for whatever reason and we cant use them or even craft bp's from those engrams on SE.

Official server. Seriously you have been getting spammed and nothing. Tickets, bug reports, server outage reports have been filed daily from all of us on the server and nothing! FIX OUR SERVER!