Community Crunch 213: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Evo Event

Cedric

Right now I’m just bummed that my Dino candy keeps despawning after each event (except last year’s Easter candy) on Xbox Official the Island 550, and right now all corrupted Dino’s on extinction 1065 are invisible making it impossible to get the element/shards needed to clone my crab. I need that crab for underwater caving and extinction stuff. 
currently running dust Gachas on island and painstakingly crafting shards one by one. Shards needed for this level 222? 13k. If I use the crab and clone it later, each level added ups the cost to clone it... so, patience is key. 

(Yes, I have tried to put the word out about these glitches, check for them, I sent you guys the information through the right channels).  

Hallo

The list above is nice, but it's a maximum of 50% of the way to a fair game.
I play this great game for several 1000 hours on Offi PVP Serve, but in I have to say that there is never been so many Aimbot, Dupe, Mesh attacks, owner of the tribe steal and INI changes since the last 4 weeks. I have given up to belief that you want to fix this and want a legal game. Cheaters are rewarded and not removed from the game. The news  from you is therefore not a success because the problem is NOT solved. I love this good game, but a lot of Players i know stop for the reasons mentioned and are afraid that it will get worse with Gennesis.

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Umm pretty sure that would screw farming entirely, and it's not in the patch notes, what gives?
I think it means passengers for dinos that can seat more than the rider, not the rider itself

My guess would be that this ejection change was their first plan to fix a meshing exploit, but then for whatever reason went with a more radical route:

On 11/30/2018 at 12:02 AM, StudioWildcard said:

Modified Drag weight of creatures to prevent carry by Quetz and Crab: 

•     Galli 
  •     Kapro
  •     Megalosaurus
  •     Procoptodon

And now since creatures that have passengers can no longer be carried at all, this change was most likely discarded.

You guys needed the poor Manas into cryofridge, they use to be one of the must tames, For getting around. Now they are a novelty. My 20 generation super high level sits in the fridge next to my Gally and my molletops. Thanks WC for the crunch that stated so Little. Nothing really about a DLC that by your own word is supposed to release within 15 days. You stated a date, you missed your own deadline. On a software you have already postponed. If you are not able to release on a given date then don't say "oh we are selling something on such and such date, give us your money"

Mesh fixes are nice and very much needed. I was waiting for Genesis release but I would much rather all these exploits get solved before another dlc drops. Meshing has grown extremely rampant since the announcement of fixes coming. Just a few short hours after the update that "fixed" the most well known meshing exploits, I was still watching my base crumble apart for hours due to players under the mesh destroying my base and nothing I could do about it. Reports to Microsoft and WildCard take days before they are looked into if you're lucky. It always seems that meshers only arrive when the WildCard enforcement team are snug in bed. Would it be possible to have a night crew to look at these reports instead of us getting a thank you for your information 3 days later after everything you have worked for has gone to players who only know how to cheat. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grimlock153 said:

⁴The Community surrounding this game is a joke. People beg for the longest time for meshing and exploits to be fixed, along with performance updates and QoL. They get so riled up about it, that any DLC ARK has seen, is seen as a cash grab.

They want bug fixes for the game. And when those bug fixes happen, they start whining about there not being a DLC release date. You cannot win with this community, and it shows. People need to sit down and relax, as this sort of stuff takes time to figure out. 

Best wishes, 

Aaron L. Sandoval

all 16 million players are just they? they cant have different views on the game no? people want fixes yes they also want communication on content, both sets of people are the most passionate and love the game so stop with the sweeping statements, no other game announces stuff as late as wildcard, or so vague. simple answer is to give a date that's way past when they expect to finish up and then just quietly go about more qol until that date, the game is coming up to 5 years, that's a long time to keep making the same mistakes and never learning. also you can't relax when you spend thousands of hours in a game only to see all your progress wiped because of bug fix updates. go read the actual bug forums posts and then maybe you will have a better understanding

• Like 1

You say you are near the launch and all these things about it soon to be released, but you don’t give us an estimated date. Could you possibly do that? It doesn’t matter if your like a few days off, it would just be a date for everyone who is waiting for the game to estimate for and get hyped around that date

• Facepalm 1

@Cedric Are you guys aware how WW4 affected Beginner servers? I dont know if its on all platforms, but on PS4 since chibis addition server max level is 39 down from 44 and realistically there is no way to level more then 1-2 levels to chibis due to all restrictions. As well, will this 39lvl limit remain after servers are wiped on march? Is there any chance we can have 44lvl cap + chibis until next server wipe?

Edited by Janexlolz

30 minutes ago, Janexlolz said:

@Cedric Are you guys aware how WW4 affected Beginner servers? I dont know if its on all platforms, but since chibis addition server max level is 39 down from 44 and realistically there is no way to level more then 1-2 levels to chibis due to all restrictions. As well, will this 39lvl limit remain after servers are wiped on march? Is there any chance we can have 44lvl cap + chibis until next server wipe?

Sounds to me, you're not a beginner anymore thus ready for the "big boys"?

Quick question to all those clowns that keep saying that they are fine with the delayed release because it will run smoothly and have no bugs.  Y'all do realize that wildcard has done this with every dlc, they announce it and a release date "usually a month never a day" they then allow it to be purchased.  A couple months will pass, the release month will be then be delayed by another month or two, they still continue to charge full price. The dlc finally launches two month behind schedule,  it is crude and not completely finished and requires 3 or 4 large patches within the first month to make playable. Finally the price will drop, usually to some kind of sale a few weeks after launch. 

Lol everytime so far, what will be different this time lol.

• Like 1

They really need to just get rid of official PVP. 90% of every update ever released is to change things to keep Europeans from cheating on pvp servers. I say Europeans, because if you youtube ANY cheat video ever, every person talking about the cheat is European, so that's why I point them out. I'm sure others cheat too, but it's VERY obvious its heavy in European locations.

If they can just stop dealing with PVP fixes on the official realms. They would eliminate not only the people that don't care about their game,what the devs do for us all AND so much TIME wasted. And start putting it towards content for us Ark fans. 

The way PVP is right now, just doesn't work, isn't fun and isn't competitive. Give us a location on the map to where if we enter it without dinos, it puts us into pvp mode and we can fight to the death. It's a long shot, but this has always been what I've said to everyone when pvp is brought up in a Ark discussion. 

Cheers to the Wild Card team.

• Thanks 2

@Cedric You do understand that with all these tweaks or so call bug fixes, you actually broke more stuff? PS4 events are broken, can't put in stairs, unable to put down triangle foundation, double door frame as well, unless wood, wood still works, can't shoot metal or fire arrows with a compound bow unless you switch to something else then back.  That was just a real quick observation within 30 minutes of joining  my server. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of more broken stuff since the latest patch..

• Like 1

1. Take an interest in your other work ARK: Survive of The Fittest.  Fix it, refresh it and advertise it.

Make ARK:SOFT free game (battle royal) If people like this version increase the likelihood of buying a regular ARK by free player ARK:SOFT.

ARK: SOFT,  I remember when he was really great, winning items, cups were in regular ARK: Survival Evolved. Make special awards that will not be possible to win in regular ARK. Maybe  red colour bp, saddles, armor, or new cosmetic skins e.g. corrupted costume skins for dino, tek raptor skin, tek stego skin, tek quetzal skin, tek trike skin or new tek skin serries (allo, anky etc.)  for winners?

You are dealing with weakening creatures, instead of repairing your other works, which were great but are neglected. There's even graphics, an interface from early access equipment, and no one's playing there, which is a shame.

There are a lot of possibilities.

2. Managrmr (i dont like this creature but...) imo get too much nerf.  the promoted DLC extinction content is currently a scam for potential buyers. (in link ARK: Extinction Expansion Pack Launch Trailer! in 1:58 the managrmr make jump + freezing below the creatures is shown. At the moment it is not possible to repeat what was on the movies (before the first weakening was able to do it, but next nerfed - aggro of other creatures (scorpion, pulorvia carno generally everything), where rockdrake or wyverny is practically nothing creatures  start atack. My suggestion extending the icy breath to the range similar to Lighting wyvern or little longer.

Edited by RidersOfNightmareDEJW

Kinda upset with Valguero, I waited sooo long to play this map because my husband was deployed when it came out and I wanted to play it with him. Anyway when I finally did play it I was careful about the amount of tames I had and how big I built because I have been wiped on Rag and The Center. Only I got wiped on Val anyway, so I tried again in less than a week only to get wiped again (on single player, servers are poison) then there is the fact that I wasn't able to bring my chalk golem and ice golem over to my island map. So basically all that map is good for is collecting eggs that I have to hatch on a more reliable map. Just some annoyances, doubtful anything will be fixed.