Community Crunch 213: Patch Notes Round-Up, and Evo Event

Cedric

1 minute ago, Uzo said:

Yes indeed we need a release date. Dont want to be toxic or anything but if you think the mana needs a buff you are out of your damn mind. They are almost as OP as they were the first time they came out if you get good stats. They did something right when they nerfed it, it is actually playable to use something other then a mana. 

I play pve and got good stats. The latest nerf of manas was targeted towards pvp in which case I can understand that a nerf was needed, but in pve nah. I used the Mana to get from point A to point B fast before, now its better to have a speed argy. So I have switched. I like the Mana heaps so was very sad when it got max 3 jumps and dash. Would do the game good to let us server owners get a server settings for this. Just sayin.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cedric said:

Good feedback.  There is some internal discussion on how to communicate service updates/outages in the future but this (posts like these) are a good step in terms of communication.

As to the other points, the most I can do is voice this feedback.  The team has used betas but typically not for DLC content.

Is it possible to give us some kind of update on when Extinction will be fixed? The corrupted dinos, element veins and OSD's are all invisible... The entire map is pretty pointless atm since you can't farm element or drops ya know the whole reason anyone mains extinction to begin with.

On a side note is there an explanation to why you made duo metal runs impossible? The patch seems to be a solid QOL improver but then you throw that sneaky one in there as a big FU to the player base? literally no one wanted to see that other than maybe solo players.

Edited by dragonshark87

I play pve and got good stats. The latest nerf of manas was targeted towards pvp in which case I can understand that a nerf was needed, but in pve nah. I used the Mana to get from point A to point B fast before, now its better to have a speed argy. So I have switched. I like the Mana heaps so was very sad when it got max 3 jumps and dash. Would do the game good to let us server owners get a server settings for this. Just sayin.
Drakes are faster and have more uses than a mana
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I would suggest a patch day, say Monday then we don't have a weekend when a lot us want or get time to playing left unable to do so. This also gives you as a team 5 days to look into and fix or reverse changes. Please feed this back too as you are probably aware every weekend there are complaints and issues reported. Most don't even get acknowledged.

I would suggest maybe not just just being social on just twitter. Not everyone has it or wants it, these are your official forums use them too. Sync them or something. 

I'm not bothered about the next DLC and yes we pre-ordered it. I'm more bothered about the lack of acknowledgement for problems arising from the weekly updates. They are making the game unplayable at times. 

Loads of issues since last week haven't even received acknowledgement or responses so we at least know you are seeing them.

Xbox, boss fights spawn player to 50:50. No boss no fight.. that's just one issue I can't seem to find mention of.

The cryopod problem! Was it resolved?  I saw it was being looked into.. that's it? I play single player on Xbox and got hit by this still not seen an answer as to why it happened. Ok I lost a frog one of a set of twins I had just finished raising, so I still have the stats on the male.. yet that happened just before Christmas and still no response.

Beavers missing in action since before Xmas, all beavers on the island single player went AWOL and others are reporting the same issues.. 

Maybe on a side note check the Xbox and PS4 bug reports forum rather than Twitter for an up-to-date report of bugs.

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Like 3

⁴The Community surrounding this game is a joke. People beg for the longest time for meshing and exploits to be fixed, along with performance updates and QoL. They get so riled up about it, that any DLC ARK has seen, is seen as a cash grab.

They want bug fixes for the game. And when those bug fixes happen, they start whining about there not being a DLC release date. You cannot win with this community, and it shows. People need to sit down and relax, as this sort of stuff takes time to figure out. 

Best wishes, 

Aaron L. Sandoval

• Like 2

Me S4LT_FRANA and my tribe mate S4LT_Badassjaco also lost his character came from our own server 985 this is our main tribe name S4LT cords are 43 35 sanctuary west, we joined 984 to come and do the king titan as advertised on facebook. The day in game on 984 was 10009 time in game was 22:00 we did killed the king titan along with other 40+ people who also lost their character. We ascended had the cut scene and then we where spawned in level 1 we closed the application and logged back into 984 then we downloaded our character looked at our implant and saw it show alpha at the bottom, i spawned at my sleeping bag and suddenly the game froze and we all where kicked out, we tried to log back in and it showed create new survivor now it does not show our servicvor to be downloaded does not give the option. My wife flew to where i was with the fight and saw my character that im sleeping but yet i cant log in it keep show creat new survivor. HELP please to restore this we lost so mich now all oir tames base everything now. Our main sercer is 985

We do not rush them with the launch of genesis but they have not given us any more information not even a mysterious image or anything and the worst thing is that we are excited to get the dlc on the date but then they say nothing of the dlc or anything information (it was obvious that they were going to delay genesis what I am talking about is that they do not give us any more information or release date) please understand the community that they are people and have lives but if they did not take out the dlc in better time they would not have given departure date ...

And please add frontiers to your future maps, Extinction maps are very laggy, every time a server save comes or those weird box tribe dupping lag spikes, if you are in the vicinity of the edges of the map, does not even have to be close and you jump whit a mana... pzzzzzz  stuck in air for 5 sec, LAG, ZAPPED, YOU DIED, OUT OF THE MAP GG, sometimes you get lucky and land miles away in the right direction, others right into the toaster. Whit all the lag going on all the time, this is a horrible idea.

• Thanks 1

any news on fixing or acknowlaging the issues on extinction would be nice.

just got dashboarded on xbox for this update loaded back in and had rolled back to a point inside the desert cave that had no loot still. as i left the cave into the desert proper i notice major graphical buggs happening kinda siezure inducing so i left the desert asap only to enter the wastelands free of the bad graphics but sadly still very free of corrupted.

was really hoping this update was addressing those issues guess not

Edited by heckubis
Beans
  • Facepalm 1