What is the oddest combination you have used to kill a boss or titan?

Thiefer

9 minutes ago, Thiefer said:

How strong do your Rhino have to be to do this?  Do you bring many?

We did it with pretty weak random rhinos most of the time, 900 melee, 1k Stam, 6k HP.

The important part is to do drive-bys, just sprint by and hit his feet but don't actual stay there and keep attacking. And when his ice aura comes up, just kite him around for a bit until it wares off if you're worried about getting frozen.

10 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

One time I fought the gamma monkey with 6 allos, 4 tek raptors, 3 trikes, 3 wolves, 1 carno, 1 parasaur, 1 yuty, and 1 otter. There were no good saddles.
Only the yuty, otter, 3 allos, and the parasaur survived, which is sad, but better than expected.

Normal stats, of course.

The monkey is laughably weak.

Why did you take the para? Haha I need to know.. 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:30 PM, randomperson363 said:

Gamma monkey on official with 1 Stego and 1 yuty then just pure deinosuchus there were all 135 or higher eggs they were hitting so hard with pack boosts and mate boosts

Yeah the funny thing is that the Deinonychus is, based on what I was told and what I have seen in bossfights personally, 100% ignored by the bosses.  All bosses.  Nothing attacks them.  It is ridiculous, and the bleed from 15 of them all stacks up on bosses and ticks for somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 damage.  So they only occasionally get hit by the Boss when he throws a rock, and other than that, he tries to run forward through them and gets hung up on their bodies, in pursuit of a ridden dino.

18 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Yeah the funny thing is that the Deinonychus is, based on what I was told and what I have seen in bossfights personally, 100% ignored by the bosses.  All bosses.  Nothing attacks them.  It is ridiculous, and the bleed from 15 of them all stacks up on bosses and ticks for somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 damage.  So they only occasionally get hit by the Boss when he throws a rock, and other than that, he tries to run forward through them and gets hung up on their bodies, in pursuit of a ridden dino.

So lmao this is completely correct and the only reason I realized this is because I had accidentally brought one in. Honestly it is probably the easiest way to kill a boss at gamma level

18 hours ago, TheDonn said:

5 minutes ago, randomperson363 said:

So lmao this is completely correct and the only reason I realized this is because I had accidentally brought one in. Honestly it is probably the easiest way to kill a boss at gamma level

It's actually a pretty old bug. I reported it over a year ago but no response

Basically, quite a few dinos, I'm guessing based on size, are just ignored by the bosses (even the dragon) and the broodmother and monkey can't walk over the creatures, so it never really gets to attack.

I didn't say anything before because it'd be super gamebreaking honestly, but the cat's been out of the bag since valguero so...
I know that megalosaurus and carnos will both be untargeted by the island bosses.

It was really funny when I found that out because I was testing loads of different dino types against the bosses and the carnos (which I expected to fail against the beta monkey) were able to kill the alpha dragon because the dragon wouldn't fight them.

I wonder if it works on the titans

Archived