Character upload question

Demigod

I have a question regarding character uploads.

There are two things that I am aware of when it comes to transferring: 1. you can upload items to ark data for 24 hours. 2. you can transfer with things in your character’s inventor.

My concern is, how long can you leave you character in the obelisk with items in your inventory (not in ark data) without them despawning? I was wondering just in case I want to take a couple days break from ARK, but if items in my inventory are also subject to the 24 hour timer then it looks like I will have to get on every day.

Any information is appreciated. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:50 AM, ItWasntMe said:

your character can stay there forever it isnt the same as dinos.

Thank you for the answer, but I was also wondering about the items in the characters inventory that aren’t uploaded to ark data. I typically travel between servers with several items on my person and I was curious if they would also expire in 24 hours along with the ark data.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, Demigod said:

Thank you for the answer, but I was also wondering about the items in the characters inventory that aren’t uploaded to ark data. I typically travel between servers with several items on my person and I was curious if they would also expire in 24 hours along with the ark data.

Anything in inventory drops when you upload (at least on SP). Defeats the purpose of ark inventory if it doesnt.

Thank you all for your feedback but this is still not exactly the answer I'm looking for.

On official servers, you can transfer servers and upload your character with items in your inventory if they are within the upload timer. You will still be wearing your armor and have any items on your person when you spawn in if you transfer with those items and it falls within the upload timer.

My question is, let's say you upload your character with items in your inventory. You suddenly become busy for a couple of days and aren't able to get back to your character. Now obviously, items in the ARK data are gone and expire after 24 hours. But what about the items on your person? Will your armor and items be gone when you spawn in after being off for a couple days or will they still remain in your inventory? I'm assuming they disappear as well but I'm wanting some confirmation on that.

2 hours ago, Demigod said:

Thank you all for your feedback but this is still not exactly the answer I'm looking for.

On official servers, you can transfer servers and upload your character with items in your inventory if they are within the upload timer. You will still be wearing your armor and have any items on your person when you spawn in if you transfer with those items and it falls within the upload timer.

My question is, let's say you upload your character with items in your inventory. You suddenly become busy for a couple of days and aren't able to get back to your character. Now obviously, items in the ARK data are gone and expire after 24 hours. But what about the items on your person? Will your armor and items be gone when you spawn in after being off for a couple days or will they still remain in your inventory? I'm assuming they disappear as well but I'm wanting some confirmation on that.

Well I learned something in this thread :)

My point still stands. If your on char inventory last more than 24 hrs why would you use ark data (other than 50 more slots or crosstribe xfer?)? My bet is that items would disappear after 24 hrs. Cant wait to see if WC makes sense when you find out the answer.

• 11 months later...

I can confirm as well. Once you leave a server to go to another server, your character is in upload.  You aren't officially on any server again until you spawn, meaning if you quit out after transferring to another server your character will remain in upload. Your character can remain in upload with items on him for 24 hours, after which the items will disappear and your character will remain.

Archived