Is there any specific reason why ascensions and imprints are not bond to steamID

nameless

My character just dissipated into nothingness, this seems to be an on-going problem. I'm new to this game myself, and would be very hesitant to continue or support this game further unless this is resolved, I'll make a new one now, luckily I wasn't high level. If developer's don't find a solution and it happens to me again, you've lost a customer, sorry that I'm not interested in remaking characters often.

Good for solo player, bad for servers. Imagine everyone just getting all the ascensions in solo or on a server they control and being able to start on any new server with the ability to hit level 135 without doing the ascension on that server.

Solo player is a different story and I have lost a few chars there due to constant bsod issues with early RTX drivers so I understand the pain. But I have yet to run into this issue on unofficial servers.

Ascensions I believe is for the reason listed above. Having the raised level cap without doing anything boss-wise on that server kinda defeats the point of all the boss prep and doing the bosses themselves. 

Imprints though? I think should definitely be account bound. The only reason I can think that it wouldn't be is that people don't want people bringing in dinos from other servers that they've already bred and so, have imprinting on. But in that case, like, the actual problem is having cross- server dinos allowed, not imprinting.

7 hours ago, PsychoWo said:

Good for solo player, bad for servers. Imagine everyone just getting all the ascensions in solo or on a server they control and being able to start on any new server with the ability to hit level 135 without doing the ascension on that server.

Solo player is a different story and I have lost a few chars there due to constant bsod issues with early RTX drivers so I understand the pain. But I have yet to run into this issue on unofficial servers.

5 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Ascensions I believe is for the reason listed above. Having the raised level cap without doing anything boss-wise on that server kinda defeats the point of all the boss prep and doing the bosses themselves. 

Imprints though? I think should definitely be account bound. The only reason I can think that it wouldn't be is that people don't want people bringing in dinos from other servers that they've already bred and so, have imprinting on. But in that case, like, the actual problem is having cross- server dinos allowed, not imprinting.

Um..... I meant a cloud based recognition, that is, the account ascension  must be completed on the specific cluster you are playing on. (Such like, to aquire ascended account on official pve cluster, a character of this account must have beaten overseer on one of the official pve servers, not on any private servers or pvp servers)

It is more or less like how items and character transfer itself is limited to the same account on the same cluster.

52 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

If it was account bound I could play and get all the extra levels and access to engrams on pve,  but could then go to pvp and would have access to all the bells and whistles without effort.

The point was addressed as being server-specific rather than linked to all characters on the account regardless of server.

1 hour ago, Avaraxius said:

has been said since ea a lot of good suggestions where made, maybe difficult or to much work. if you can ban players it should be able to connect to the steam id aswel since if i am not wrong they had a list with id bans that could be used on unofficial servers aswel.

1 hour ago, TheEclipseee said:

The point was addressed as being server-specific rather than linked to all characters on the account regardless of server.

I never made games, but to share ascensions/tek grams in a single cluster for a single account, servers can probably be programmed to do the following:

1, include a saved file that have a list of gamer IDs and the ascensions/tek grams they have acquired

2, compare the said file and a character when a character is downloaded into the server. If either a downloaded character or the shows that player ID have acquired an ascension/tek gram, then both are set to have this ascension/tek gram unlocked.

What it means is that once a character enter a server, the server remembers its unlocks, and will apply it to other characters. If a player have alpha Rockwell on one character, alpha overseer on another, all alpha bosses but not ascensions on yet another character, then these characters can be moved around and all 3 of them will gain all tek grams/ascensions.

Since its impossible  to move characters between pvp and pve, private and public, or single and online. An ID can not share ascensions/tek grams cross cluster: ascensions/tek grams are shared between characters only if they are capable of transferring to each other's servers.

As for imprint sharing, currently creatures recognize character ID, but they can also be configured to save a player id. Whenever transmitted or released form a cryopod, creatures can ask server "what is the current character ID of this player" and update character ID accordingly

Archived