BellaBean

Failed to Connect

Same issue here. This has been a known issue since at least 2016. (There’s a larger post about this starting from then). 

there was initial support to get it fixed, now it seems like WildCard has given up in the issue. 

Some support would be nice. Fix. Your. Game. 

Same boat. Been unable to connect for two days. The 9 other guys that I play with have been having issues too. Last night, they got lucky and got in after an hour of trying, but I continued to try for 2hrs since I had giga babies out.

I finally get in, unpodded one dino needing last imprint and instantly lost host connection. Rinse and repeat. Tried getting in and ran through everything I could do.... offline/online toggle network, shutdown console and reboot, close out application and relaunch, restore licenses, join session to someone on my server... literally every trick I could think of. Never was able to get back on.

Hey WC, your XBox users say there is issues with the DNS and network address resolution. Care to publicly acknowledge the problem?

11 minutes ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

Connection Issue/Cryo Fridge

So can't connect and not much fuel left in my generator. Question is will the 30 day timer start on the pods inside the fridge when the power goes out or will it be a catastrophe?

They will be fine, assuming you follow this:

• Like 1

Server connection issues

Anyone else having to reboot app 15-20 times before the sever will load? it shows the server than once you join it goes to the standard loading page than back to server list and does nothing, or times out, than once you join server after closing and opening the app several times for about 45mins, the lag is so bad that you lag walk through your base to feed your animals, afraid that you are going to timeout or blue screen so just feed and log off because the lag is so bad you can't even leave your base!   what is going on with the servers lately?  Why can't we play correctly? 

@Strong0n3   i sure hope they honour a few more days of the evolution event 2xs after all the bs with not being able to join after theres last 11gb update ruined the game again. its not fair everyone puts so many hard hours into this game to get screwed in the end. maybe if wildcard spent half the time we all do raising and taming on ark they could finish this game properly!!! cause we all need to FINISHED PROPERLY-!!

Today two friends who have this issue on ps4 find a possible solution. We will continoue trying thos but both of them delete all save data files on ps4 from ark and when open the game again, it works fine with new data. Its not 100% sure but maybe it will work for everyone¿? 

Me and my friends haven't been able to play for the whole wekkend because of failed connection runout of time.

I can't understand why this is still happening or why WildCard just ignores us. The game have been on PS4 por years and they just can't make it work properly. 

If it is going to be like this you shouldn't be charging us for a game that we can play whenever you guys feel like it. 

I like this game but it is frustrating that after all these years it's still full of lag and bugs. You should spend some of our money into making the game experince more comfortable. Please fix this so we can at least play the game we bought. 

Still can't connect to my own server:  We are aware of "Connection Timed Out" errors on PS4 ARK servers at the moment and are actively investigating the cause. Please subscribe to this announcement for information on when it has been solved, but we are aware and working with Wildcard as quickly as possible to resolve this difficulty.