• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welcome to ark, adms are useless, always the same answer

The last patch helped in my case.  Just prior to the last patch I turned off the advanced graphics in the options panel and it seemed I was able to avoid the timeout issue versus attempting to login over and over until it worked.    I only tried this a few times before the patch came out.  Not sure if it was luck or maybe it improved the chances of getting on before the last patch.

Regards

Yup. Have seen postings about Base and Dino selling everywhere. This last issue was the last straw that broke the camels back.

People are really pissed and finally done with all the game issues and lack of concern from WildCard in doing anything to fix the problems with the game. 

Im not sure why they continue to release new DLC's when they aren't even fixing the current issues first and foremost. Personally a new DLC just pacifies the gamers so they feel like they are getting something worth having and all they are getting are the exact same issues as before. 

One can only be dupped but so many times till enough is enough unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

I know, I couldn't resist the wordplay and I have seen a lot of upset and negativity of late. Just trying to spread a little cheer or a giggle.

Well good for you but  you've got your work cut out for you, there are a lot of P*ssed off people out there.. A simple sorry we F***ed up and some compensation from the Wild Card team would go a lot further I'm guessing... What we had was a load of "jingle bollocks" so some festive compensation with 10X all round should swing it, for  a whole week.. But that would just cheer me up..

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Donk67 said:

Well good for you but  you've got your work cut out for you, there are a lot of P*ssed off people out there.. A simple sorry we F***ed up and some compensation from the Wild Card team would go a lot further I'm guessing... What we had was a load of "jingle bollocks" so some festive compensation with 10X all round should swing it, for  a whole week.. But that would just cheer me up..

Only Wildcard can fix this and make it right, but if I can put a smile on just one face then that's my job done and more than Wildcard have done so far.

• Like 1

It's been like over 4 days now and it still continues? No one has heard a word from wildcard. I already submitted a ticket because I know my gachas and gigas are going to starve by the end of this. If nothing is done, I officially quit. Been really patient with wildcard through all their shenanigans but I'm done now.

Gettting disconnect within seconds

I was playing on official pve island server 87, landed my wyvern with pretty much everything I own on it at the herb island to tame a couple ankys and stegos. I had to get off xbox for a family emergency,  loaded the server up and get disconnected everytime before I can even move, iv tried to connect back to the server atleast 15 times a day for the last 5 days and still cant stay connected long enough to get on my wyvern and fly away. there is a lot of building where I landed but I can stay connected long enough to ask the own to remove some or to help me. What can I do to get my stuff back?

12/4/2019 update and lost dinos

Still WC say they fixed connection issues.   However after multiple unscheduled updates in a row on the evening of 12/4 I still have connection issues.  Also during this round of updated i had unpodded about 9 adult event dinos at 1pm local time then at about 7:30 pm local I logged in to check on them and 2 of the adult owl starved with a 3rd close to starving.  Never in my history of playing ark have I had an adult starve in 6.5 hours.  I have left owls out for days without food and they do not starve.  The only think i can think of is that the update did some type of accelerated food consumption  with this update.  

Still wc has not said anything about replacing dino or structures due to all of these network and game issues.  After the unscheduled 11/27 updates you would think that wc would have learned what any mature software company know, that rushed updated are always risky.  After as many times wc tried this approach over the last week or so and the problems it has caused.  You would think that they know not to deploy unscheduled update, multiple "Quick" updates in a row, and not to deploy during a heavy usage time.

I have been in software development for 19+ years so i know the challenges, but i also know that rapid fixes like this never end well.  I also know that customer (everyone who paid for this game is a customer) are your life blood (and your paycheck).  So you need to keep the customer reasonably happy.  With a ticketing system that auto "solves" your ticket, a support email that is disabled, and no acknowledgement of lost dino and stuff with a go forward plan. This is not how you keep customers happy. 

With all of this said I have given ark the appropriate rating in the Microsoft store with comment out lining these problems with the hope that it will keep others from making the same mistake as the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to stay connected more then 5-10 min since the "quality of life" patch last week.  I've lost more tames and equipment then I can keep track of.   I just want to enjoy the xmas event, guess im glad I haven't wasted money on genius, at this point don't think I'll waste any more money on this game until WC gets their act together

• 4 weeks later...
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Failed to Connect