VR support

Primordia

Suggestion

14 replies to this server topic

I'd give it a try, but I doubt it will happen in ARK 1.

The games I currently play in VR(that are not VR exclusives):

1. No Man's Sky (just a spectacular port)
  2. The Forest (very good port)
  3. Fallout4 VR (decent port. Inventory management is a chore)
  4. Skyrim VR (same as above... decent port)
  5. Subnautica ( so so port. visually excellent, but controls are poor)

I'm jumping on this wagon. I would love for this post to get upvoted on the support for vr so the devs can see and chime in some thoughts. Coming from a vr user I feel there really isn't a lot of crafting survival, especially with Dinos. If the devs had to make a separate edition just for vr, me and my would would buy it in a heart beat. If there's anyone else who could please chime in don't hesitate to do so. cheers

Support basics are done, Devs please update and get it moving...like others here I find it hard to play pancake games any more... Lets have ARK VR in 2021!!! Look at the Quest numbers, you do not need quest support The game will run via Link on the millions of units already out there...Lets get the immersion you have created fully realized to the potential it has.

Ark VR exists, it was not deleted - you have to run the game in low-res DX10 mode for it to work (at least I did), but here you go, for any it might help out:

1. Launch Ark
  2. Join server
  3. Go to options -> Click the "Enable VR HMD" button
  4. Put on VR headset and follow the directions to click out of the menu and back to the game

I use a Rift S.  You might need SteamVR also - I already had it installed and didn't specifically check.  There is no HUD, and not being able to see the keyboard is a problem, but... basic VR support to walk around and explore is there.  I don't see how it would work for "real" gameplay, but maybe there is better controller support that I haven't tried that would make it more playable.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:44 AM, Eclipse said:

Ark VR exists, it was not deleted - you have to run the game in low-res DX10 mode for it to work (at least I did), but here you go, for any it might help out:

1. Launch Ark
  2. Join server
  3. Go to options -> Click the "Enable VR HMD" button
  4. Put on VR headset and follow the directions to click out of the menu and back to the game

I use a Rift S.  You might need SteamVR also - I already had it installed and didn't specifically check.  There is no HUD, and not being able to see the keyboard is a problem, but... basic VR support to walk around and explore is there.  I don't see how it would work for "real" gameplay, but maybe there is better controller support that I haven't tried that would make it more playable.

Unfortunately, this button is not active for HTC Vive Pro.

Knock Knock.. 

202F*cking1 here.. time to upgrade ur game no? there has been a VR function so bringing it back will be ez no lies about that right, second 2021 will have ALOOOT of VR players since these lockdowns etc etc (lets face it corona wont go away) now like i said VR was a thing not that long ago and then they deleted it but kept the VRbutton on settings? weird.. 

people start buying ArkPark in the hope they can ride dinos build bases and just walk around un a syfy world but no.. arkpark isnt looking like Ark Survival AT ALL

Vote for a VR mode on Ark Survival Evolved AGAIN!!!!

It's 2022 and we're all ready for Ark to come to VR! With Quest sales skyrocketing during the holidays VR is quickly becoming a very popular medium for gaming and entertainment. With the rise in popularity big game developers aren't going to be able to ignore the competition. Here's hoping we hear about a true VR port for Ark or Ark II soon! Would be great to get an Ark VR community going before the medium gets saturated with all kinds of survival games. 

Archived