Tribe Alliance Info

Nayte

Greetings fellow survivors,

After searching for info on how alliances work, I've been unable to find any official sources/articles. Does WC have any article links that go into detail on how allying with another tribe works with all aspects of the game?

If any community members have knowledge, I would appreciate any input from those with experience with alliances.

13 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

if its pvp your alliances cant be hurt by turrents or dinos nor do they aggro on you. Pve it just adds the blue names to them.

Ok, so doors, containers, and all that are not accessible from an alliance tribe?

Speaking of which, is there anyway to prevent non-tribe members from accessing ones smithy, forge, fabricator, mortar and pestle? There doesn't seem to be an option to input a code with those.

I have an alliance with several tribes on official PVP.

You cannot harm the dinos or structures of you ally.

You can harm him with weapons directly the same way you can with tribe mates however so friendly fire is not generally off.

You cannot open and chests / doors or ride any dinos. Its basically like without an Alliance, no special rules apply. If you want your ally to be able to open doors you need to pin code them and tell them the pin code. I have several taming pens with pin coded doors so my allies can use them.

You can build right next to each other with snapping! You can build a shared structure where parts belong to different tribes in the alliance. We build a beaver-pen this way, i would not recommend doing this in a base because what will happen when you end the alliance? I never tried =).

There is a glitch however. If you unclaim a dino for your ally never do that inside your base. The moment he will claim it all turrets in sight will start firing. I donated a pteranodon to an ally and he claimed it in my dino-garage. All hell broke loose =)

Tribe Chate = Alliance Chat. That means that you effectivly loose the tribe chat. Everybody in the alliance can read it and answer. It becomes strange when you have multiple alliances mixing their messages in. This needs to be adressed in the fufure ...

Archived