Server Settings for Accelerated PvE

Trouserlove

Server Settings for Accelerated PvE

Hey Folks,

I'm running a server and I do want to create an "accelerated" pve experience. Without going into details, I want to make it so people who play 5-6 hours a week can actually GET somewhere and accomplish endgame, but I don't want to depart from the main game too much. 

I have one playerbase who is pretty ardently defending the integrity of the vanilla experience and doesn't like to compermise much, and another who if they had their way, would mod the CRAP out of their servers. I'm having to split hairs between them. 

I have a proposal from the latter gruopr to set a 6-8 Hour full wild dino respawn. They claim it's for stability. 

I suspect the person asking for this may not be entirely thinking out all the implications, and my intention is to make the game as least buggy as possible, and have a smooth experience, but not make it too easy.

Can I get some opinions on why one would want to set this to a 6-8 hour interval, goods and bads, etc?

While I'm here, same question on WildDinoMaxLevel to 120/140, and cuddle time to all tribes involved? 

When you change settings for one person, they will then want another change, and another, and they will eventually leave.  It's not worth the effort.
If you have a stable player-base, then keep it stable.  If you make big changes, you could lose them.

I have a weekly wipe of wild dinos because it does help with the likes of spinos that everybody wants to kill for their sails.  6-8 hours is OTT.

No settings will suit everybody.  Be firm and don't be afraid to say "no".

Archived