Jump to content

Rio4201

Where's the hype?

Recommended Posts

First off, I agree with the point that the non-existent release date makes it rly hard to get any hype for Genesis.

Second off, I also agree that more time for a project is very important as it may cause less bugs, BUT and damn its a big BUT, WC isn´t known for releasing their DLCs in a good shape, Abb wasn´t that good at the start but with Ext they messed up big time with a broken Snow Biome, Non-working Deserts and Meteors sometimes crashing into the Sanctuary. Thats why i don´t rly expect Genesis to be in a good shape, but I would be happy if it is.

And to the points about it being delayed again, wouldn`t surprise me, Ext was delayed many, many times before it got released. I think they will delay it again, but maybe they prove me wrong.

 

So back to the topic, the hype for me was there on the first release of the trailer, but it died down pretty fast. Then it came back once the reveal stuff was there and now, its gone again. I´d like to say im not getting hyped again, but I know I will. So yeah the non-existent transparacy is the main reason for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gonna say it like it is.. nay saying the release date isn't gonna make it so or provoke them into giving one. It's midway through January, and they already hinted at a late January launch for the first part of Genesis.  

 

What I find highly disappointing isn't the fact we don't have a date, I could care less about that.  It's the fact that we're this close to the projected launch date and we know little to nothing new about a game many of us has already paid for.  In retrospect, if I hadn't been prodded into this next dlc by a friend, I'd feel like a total tool for purchasing it before getting a firm grasp on what's gonna be involved.   I haven't seen the map, haven't seen the mission system, haven't seen anything that truly makes my "pve" experience that much more exciting from the spoiler trailers.  In truth, mostly what i've seen is for the PvP crowd imho, which is fine, it's a pvp game for most people, but for us lowly pve beings out there, meh.. whoopdy doo... shoulder mounted rocket launcher wooo, more clunky at best, hard to control mutant bug  dinos, woo.. The only thing that even remotely has me interested is the turtle and the water structure, so yeah, yay for that?  At the end of the day it seems like they've done a lot, but that is going to be highly dependent on what side of the fence you are sitting on, for pvp practically everything they did is gonna be great, for pve, not so much.  I'm sure I'm probably wrong on some level somewhere in my assumptions, but hey, what else do we really have to go off of? lol. 

Edited by Rio4201
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really even sure what Genesis will bring me.  Which means that maybe WC has not done a great job advertising or showing the map off.  I don't know that I have really seen much beyond some YouTuber introducing the new animals.  To learn anything about Genesis you kind of have to become an investigative journalist and dig for info.  I hope it will be enjoyable, but at this moment I would prefer a smoother playing experience in the game as it is.  It will probably not be possible, but it would be awesome to be able to jump out of Sunken Forest on a Managarmr again.  It is nearly impossible with the Mangarmr changes and the lag now.  I play on PC PvE Official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this time, two weeks before the start of valguero or extinction, I was planning in which part of the map to build the base.
We had gameplay, theme songs etc. Today, we don't know anything but a few reveals.

... and dead empty community crunches.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I feel that with the launch 'planned' for January, and '[nearing] the launch of Genesis' (from the Crunch) we have so little.. anything regarding regarding it. No solid date, or solid time frame even (not really the biggest thing imo, but it's still a contributing factor.) A couple of new creatures and items from.. what, 2 months back? Still VERY little idea of what's actually ON the map- what biomes we'll get (aside from the first.. 4? We've seen- and even then, only one trailer really showcased the biome itself); and on top of that. How it's structured, what it looks like overall; how we're gunna navigate it! Will it be like a traditional map? Or will it be more akin to how it was in the trailer, where the person kinda phased into different locations, since this is a simulation? So more a 'teleport between different biomes' sorta thing (since I do wonder how the Lunar biome will be incorporated in particular). We also have no idea how the mission system is gunna work or what that looks like, what sort of missions we'll be doing. And when something is mission based, that makes me think story-oriented; so where's the story?

What about a small showcase of a couple of missions, story missions if they are indeed going the story route; that takes us through a couple of the biomes and shows off some of the creatures. THAT would be something to get hyped about.

And especially compared to what we had leading up to the release? We had these exciting lore puzzles, and I was so hyped. But with all the uncertainty in the paragraph above? We don't know what we're getting. And for something that's supposedly so close to being fully released, we have so little idea of what what's actually being released, that.. it's kinda hard to find anything to be hyped about. Additionally, the lack of information really makes me feel like there's gunna be another delay, making it even harder to feel excited when we could be facing a month or more waiting.

Edited by TheEclipseee
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Yeah, I feel that with the launch 'planned' for January, and '[nearing] the launch of Genesis' (from the Crunch) we have so little.. anything regarding regarding it. No solid date, or solid time frame even (not really the biggest thing imo, but it's still a contributing factor.) A couple of new creatures and items from.. what, 2 months back? Still VERY little idea of what's actually ON the map- what biomes we'll get (aside from the first.. 4? We've seen- and even then, only one trailer really showcased the biome itself); and on top of that. How it's structured, what it looks like overall; how we're gunna navigate it! Will it be like a traditional map? Or will it be more akin to how it was in the trailer, where the person kinda phased into different locations, since this is a simulation? So more a 'teleport between different biomes' sorta thing (since I do wonder how the Lunar biome will be incorporated in particular). We also have no idea how the mission system is gunna work or what that looks like, what sort of missions we'll be doing. And when something is mission based, that makes me think story-oriented; so where's the story?

What about a small showcase of a couple of missions, story missions if they are indeed going the story route; that takes us through a couple of the biomes and shows off some of the creatures. THAT would be something to get hyped about.

And especially compared to what we had leading up to the release? We had these exciting lore puzzles, and I was so hyped. But with all the uncertainty in the paragraph above? We don't know what we're getting. And for something that's supposedly so close to being fully released, we have so little idea of what what's actually being released, that.. it's kinda hard to find anything to be hyped about. Additionally, the lack of information really makes me feel like there's gunna be another delay, making it even harder to feel excited when we could be facing a month or more waiting.

Not to mention theyre charging 35 bucks for this up front. I dont want the season pass, I'd much prefer to just go on a map by map basis but I guess it's all or nothing.

 

This next CC better deliver the goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Not to mention theyre charging 35 bucks for this up front. I dont want the season pass, I'd much prefer to just go on a map by map basis but I guess it's all or nothing.

 

This next CC better deliver the goods.

Ooooh, true, true, you can't buy P1 and P2 separately, at least as of yet, can you? Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, survivors4life said:

Ok this is stupid they can’t do two things at once choose either anti-mesh or genesis stop complaining many people asked for anti-mesh stop complaining about the devs and thinking they can do two things at once there are not enough people to work on everything at once now shut up and deal with what you have

Yeah who would expect a development team with millions of dollars of earned revenue from this game to be able to split into groups and tackle 2 things at once... man thats just crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yeah who would expect a development team with millions of dollars of earned revenue from this game to be able to split into groups and tackle 2 things at once... man thats just crazy.

But he is right. 

Everyone complaining about meshing. They are Working hard to do something. Then everyone crying about how poop the Game is and how impossible to play it is. If it would be sooooo bad then I guess most of you are not nerdy retarded no lifes and could just stop pleasing this so called unplayable game. But all of those guys have thousands of hours and can only complain and complain.

So Iam totally with this Dude saying just the raptor up and Deal with what you got. Which is an amazing Game with lots of content and now a new expansion on the Horizon. But I know ... Theres too less News on what Genesis will be. Please complain!!! Please cry about it. 

Its just so annoying to read all you guys crying like 6 year olds all the time. Its just a raptoring Game. If it sucks then make a change. If not then shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yeah who would expect a development team with millions of dollars of earned revenue from this game to be able to split into groups and tackle 2 things at once... man thats just crazy.

Just because they have millions of dollars doesn’t they have hundreds of employees and they can’t just go cherry picking employees by the hundreds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's some merit to both points. On the one hand, yeah, people complain about Genesis not being released, and then also complain about meshing, and then WC focus their energy on meshing rather than Genesis, and people get mad. It's a no-win for WC. Of course, you also have to consider that there may be people who only complain about one or the other- eg someone who plays singleplayer is completely removed from the issues meshing causes, so what WC does about that doesn't affect them, and you probably won't find many of them complaining about meshing. Not to say that they don't necessarily think it's good that something is being done about it; but they're less likely to have a voice about it since it doesn't affect them. On the flipside, someone who doesn't intend to buy any DLC and plays on official servers likely doesn't care about Genesis, and just wants their Island experience to be playable without someone coming up from the ground and wiping them. They're not gunna buy it anyway, so the delay doesn't matter for them.

On the other hand though- while, yes, it does feel.. iffy, having people complain about meshing and then complain about delays when WC changes focus, Genesis is, what, 9 days away now? Surely, they should be giving people some idea of what we're supposed to be buying, should be putting a bit more of a focus on Gen since it's so close to being released? People are supposed to be playing- buying- this soon, and we still have very little idea what we're actually getting.

 And aside from that, wouldn't a marketing team and a coding team be separate? (That is, while the coders are working on meshing, marketing is bringing us some idea of what they want us to buy). Sure, there should probably be a couple of people continuing to work on ironing out any final bugs, but that doesn't explain the lack of information we have. We're supposed to have a mission system?? That's completely new for ARK, maybe it's even somewhat story driven- shouldn't people be curious and excited to see what that is gunna be like? And why are we, the playerbase, in the dark about something so new and exciting for ARK. Something so different to what we've gotten before, and yet we have no idea how it's going to work, what it looks like, plays like. I don't think we've even had mention of it aside from the initial reveal stream. And yet, they expect us to be buying and playing this in 9 days. The reveal of the main theme was cool- but we still have very little idea of what the gameplay is going to be like.

Edited by TheEclipseee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

I hope we get a launch trailer or something  like that in the next Community Crunch. Basically more info on what going to be in there. That said, I already have my Season Pass and I am looking forward. Part of the excitement (for me) is having no idea what it will be like.

Don't get your hopes up, the extinction launch trailer also was released on the day it launched.

That being said, i also have my season pass ready and look forward :D. Can't wait to see the new map and all the new mechanics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:23 PM, Fes said:

Don't get your hopes up, the extinction launch trailer also was released on the day it launched.

That being said, i also have my season pass ready and look forward :D. Can't wait to see the new map and all the new mechanics

A “Launch” trailer is supposed to come out the day it launches but other trailers would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, survivors4life said:

A “Launch” trailer is supposed to come out the day it launches but other trailers would be cool.

I was a bit weirded out that a launch trailer was expecting by the other dude on any other day than the launch lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Call it something else then, like a 'hype' trailer. I don't care, just anything to watch and see new stuff. :)

Tbh i don't think there is any more new stuff they didn't show us already, besides the final boss:

- We have seen all the 5 biomes to some degree, the snow in the announcement trailer and in the fishing net trailer, we have seen the volcano biome to a good deal in the magmasaur teaser, they bog was also shown during the bloodstalkers trailer and the lunar biome had it's own teaser. The only biome that wasn't shown in a video so far is the ocean biome but we do have some images.

-  We have seen each of the biomes "signature tame" and know what their abilities are: The ferox in the snow, magmasaur in the volcano biome, bloodstalkers in the bog, astrocetus in the lunar biome and the giant turtle in the ocean

- As for the items, looking up all the teasers again, i also think we already have seen most of the items we're getting, the only ones we don't know that well about are the tek jet and the tek grenade launcher, but they had teasers.

- Last but not least, the bosses:

We have seen the moeder, although it's only a "sub-boss". We don't know the final boss or if there are other sub-bosses but we will have to wait and see because i doubt wildcard will do anything besides maybe tease it.

Edited by Fes
More info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

But what I think is strange is that every new biome only has one new tame. Surely we should get more new creatures, right?

Extinction had 8 "Tames" if you include the scout and the mek, which are more a tool and a vehicle/weapon than tames. I also don't really count the titans here because they aren't permanent.

Genesis has 6 creatures so far, with the 5 tames i listed above and one that we only know from a teaser, the blade wasp. I didn't list the blade wasp earlier because the teaser sounds like it's gonna be a small, completely hostile insect like the ants and stuff like that usually isn't tamable.

But in Addition to these 5 creatures we also have the "Tek jet" teasered, which doesn't really count as a tame, but it may go into a similar direction as the mek in terms of a machine having utility ( although with a focus on mobility instead of combat).

With that said, i would sure like more than 5 tames and a vehicle, but atleast the old dinos will have some really vibrant reskins for this dlc, aberrant dinos look neat, extinctions corrupted creatures weren't tamable but they did look cool and Genesis continues with the biome specific re-skins, the volcano themed allosaur or a snow themed saber are some stuff i really liked in the teaser image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget they mentioned a mission system in the announcement trailer. Where's the info on that? A mission system would be a huge implementation for ARK, so it'd be nice to have some idea of how that's going to actually work.

Edited by TheEclipseee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Don't forget they mentioned a mission system in the announcement trailer. Where's the info on that? A mission system would be a huge implementation for ARK, so it'd be nice to have some idea of how that's going to actually work.

tbh there was so little mentioned of it that i kinda forgot it'll be a feature until just now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So less than a week to go and total radio silence. No hype no nothing ? Getting a bit concerned and am glad am going to miss release by being away for work next week. I mean how bad can it be if they are keeping tight lipped and not even so much as teasing it. ? Or is it just a new strategy by WC to dazzle us with a near perfect release for once...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...