Do oviraptors boost maturing speed?

TroyParry

Do oviraptors boost maturing speed?

I hatched 7 dodo eggs at the same time. 3 of them I walked out closer to my oviraptor and they are at 63% maturity (All female), whereas the other 4 (2 male, 2 female) which aren’t as close to the oviraptor, at only at 28%. I don’t see anything on the oviraptor wiki page about this.

or could it be something to do with proximity to feeding troughs? The more matured ones might have been within range of several troughs (all have berries in them). Or do different berries mature at different rates? I initially put mejoberry in their inventory, but the troughs have different.

I know that Ovis reduce the egg laying time, more eggs in less time (good for making tons of kibble), reduce the mating time, boost getting dodo feathers, more mutations from fertilized eggs, more twins or triplets, perhaps they boost also maturing speed.

Overload the Ovi so that it doesn‘t wander around for the boosts.

2 hours ago, XaosRes said:

I know that Ovis reduce the egg laying time, more eggs in less time (good for making tons of kibble), reduce the mating time, boost getting dodo feathers, more mutations from fertilized eggs, more twins or triplets, perhaps they boost also maturing speed.

Never seen a ovis on pvp

I figured it out. The 3 dodos that matured fast we’re all 2.9x size.

the 4 that were slow were all 3.0x size. The bigger they get, the longer they take to mature.

it seems there’s no point having these large dodos in single player? I made the decimation bit and the damage is still low, the dodo still slow.

Lol, it took you guys way too long to figure this out. Large creatures almost always take longer to mature. Dodo sizes were kind of just “filler” content. A fun element to experiment with while other content was being worked on. 

At full 3.5 size while riding a dodo, a “butt slam” can be performed that temporarily stuns some creatures. 

On 1/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, XaosRes said:

Would having more than one oviraptor stack up all of these chances? As in, if I had two instead of one now instead of reducing the egg hatching timer by like, let's say 8%, now it would reduce it by 16%? That's just an example btw. I read in the wiki that the higher the level of an oviraptor the more chances you have of getting twins or triplets. I didn't read anything about it getting stacked with more than one. Maybe I'm just blind or it isn't there. 
I also didn't know that they give more mutation chances. I'm guessing this works for mammals as well? I will definitely go out and tame one now.

But if you happen to know this answers would you mind telling them to me? Thx!

I only have one eerie Ovi, so, I don‘t know if more Ovis stack up all the chances. Probably not.

I made my Ovi ascendant with the Ascendant Creature Unlock and its level doesn‘t affect the chance getting more often a mutation or twins or triplets. I‘m breeding like hell and til now I never got a color mutation. I don‘t know why but it can be, that my singleplayer game is somehow broken.

17 hours ago, XaosRes said:

I only have one eerie Ovi, so, I don‘t know if more Ovis stack up all the chances. Probably not.

I made my Ovi ascendant with the Ascendant Creature Unlock and its level doesn‘t affect the chance getting more often a mutation or twins or triplets. I‘m breeding like hell and til now I never got a color mutation. I don‘t know why but it can be, that my singleplayer game is somehow broken.

Maybe it could be that the level thing only applies to other platforms like PC? Mobile does lack quite a bit of stuff that other platforms have.

17 hours ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

Maybe it could be that the level thing only applies to other platforms like PC? Mobile does lack quite a bit of stuff that other platforms have.

Oviraptors ONLY affect chances of twins/triplets in terms of breeding effects and the effect *may* stack to no more than 3x if it does indeed stack in Mobile. 

Archived