Tekcave and overseer

iAgnehole

If you are going to bring 20 rexes, well... Good luck trying to get them through the cave. Their turning radius and big bodies will cause them to fall in lava, some of the parts of the cave are really narrow. Its possible if you are really careful, but it takes a lot of time.

I use my army of battle theries with 40k hp and 1,3k-1,5k melee. Even in boss room, the boss runs too fast for rexes, but theries are quite agile and get to him quickly, plus they dont block each other while attacking because they are smaller.

While going through the cave, one or two rexes go in front, killing the carnivores in cave, then I follow with my "theri train": I make pairs follow each other like this ::::: with the first pair following a yuti or another theri Im sitting on.

Killed alpha overseer on official server 4-5x already. People who joined me and brought rexes on follow lost some of them in lava. Also, if Im not bringing a yuti, I spend whole time on foot, shooting from shotgun.

I use half ghilli and half fur ascendant armor, and its enough for the heat in volcano cave and the cold in boss arena without the need of soups. I always bring some health brews just in case but barely use them. If I have time, I make veggie cakes for theries, but I have killed the alpha overseer without them too, but lost 2-3 theries which tanked the dragon-shape of overseer.

Hope I provided something useful to you and I wish you the best of luck.

PS: You can get dismounted by microraptor, followed by a stunlock from burrowed purlovia that gives enough time for a kapro to snatch you in his jaws and jump with you in lava. Happened more times than I would wish but I always have a good laugh when I remember it.

1 hour ago, Erinn said:

If you are going to bring 20 rexes, well... Good luck trying to get them through the cave. Their turning radius and big bodies will cause them to fall in lava, some of the parts of the cave are really narrow. Its possible if you are really careful, but it takes a lot of time.

I use my army of battle theries with 40k hp and 1,3k-1,5k melee. Even in boss room, the boss runs too fast for rexes, but theries are quite agile and get to him quickly, plus they dont block each other while attacking because they are smaller.

While going through the cave, one or two rexes go in front, killing the carnivores in cave, then I follow with my "theri train": I make pairs follow each other like this ::::: with the first pair following a yuti or another theri Im sitting on.

Ok i actually just got some theri eggs so i might start raising some then. How many of them do you bring? 20? Is it no need to bring all 50 or will it just take to much time getting them through the cave? 

I am on official pvp and what we did was use rockdrakes with 2.5k stamina to stealth walk down to the next section. (You can try jump if feeling brave)
I had a scoped rifle to lure the giga into the lava towards the end.

then we podded up the drakes and did the overseer on foot - no dino’s! 

our kit per person (6 people) was;

full primitive tek suite

otter for warmth 

custom food and water

100 med brews

15 cactus broth 

15 element each

max damage shot guns 

1k shotgun ammo each

the tactic was; as you get into the overseer room, eat a cactus broth and use the tek suit to fly to the top of his arena. This way the defence bots on the ground don’t attack you and because of the cactus broth - the flying ones don’t really either. If you do agro one - speed off or just shoot it twice.

ever so often: land and eat another cactus broth and custom food and water / med brew etc! Keep your vitals topped up.

fly around the room shotgunning him and Ignore his defence bots/adds. 

the only phase you have to be a bit carful on is when he changes to the monkey as the boulder he throws could one shot you/your armour. 

take your time - take it easy - concentrate on your vitals and agro and making sure you don’t shotgun one of your tribe zooming around. Simple kill! much easier than the alpha dragon on island!! 

I tried the above tactic on single player spawning everything in - I did manage to solo it with about 5k ammo and 20-30 minutes of shooting.

other notes; 

the red Lazer beam doesn’t damage you or your armour. It also does not make you land.

killing the defence bots makes the overseer spawn more of them - while he is spawning them, he becomes invulnerable.. so the more you kill the longer the fight will go on for  

1 hour ago, iAgnehole said:

Ok i actually just got some theri eggs so i might start raising some then. How many of them do you bring? 20? Is it no need to bring all 50 or will it just take to much time getting them through the cave? 

Depends how many people wanted to go to the cave with me. Last time I went with 7 theries (3 pairs +1 I was sitting on, in arena I dismounted to let him attack too), one person brought rex with tek saddle + 2 rexes on follow, another tribe (2 people) tried to bring 4 rexes but 2 fell in lava. Last person brought yuti and a pack of velonosaurs - he just wanted to try it out.

We were all shooting the hell out of it, but theries did the most damage. We decided to use the remaining rexes to tank the fire breath in dragon form.

The less people join me, the more theries I bring, with the maximum I ever brought was 9, other person brought 3 rexes. More dinos means longer tekcave part and less time in arena.

16 hours ago, Baklap said:

If the timer in arena runs out nothing happens.

I always made it in time, to be honest I had no idea what would happen :D but since Im on official servers and everything is so grindy I didnt want to find out either.

And one last thing - before I get teleported out of the cave, I always put everything thats in my inventory including armor in one of my dinos. Sometimes I wake up on beach naked, sometimes in armor, sometimes with element, sometimes without it. Dont know what is bug and how its supposed to be, so Im not taking any chances.

why are people still walking things down  on follow?

unpod 2 gigas and a yuty just at the entrance any more than 3 riders unpod rex to ride on 2 gigas kill all on way down. once the cave is clear there is 1 place where u can unpod more rex. just on the last turn where the second giga spawns just up the hill is where u unpod. u should make it to that part with 20-25 minutes to spare. gives every person in there chance to unpod at least 2-3 rex each without cryosickness.from there follow all up to the overseer pad.if you dont make it to the pad and enter the overseer lair before the timer runs out you die and loose everything.

once up at overseer  i find it easier to whistle attack target the rex while you run and gun otherwise u spend more time and waste dps chasing the overseer on slow rex

just avoid the enforcers and drones and its an easy win

last one i ran with 7 ppl took me 25 mins from entering to ascension

unpod 2 gigas and a yuty just at the entrance any more than 3 riders unpod rex to ride on 2 gigas kill all on way down. once the cave is clear there is 1 place where u can unpod more rex. just on the last turn where the second giga spawns just up the hill is where u unpod. u should make it to that part with 20-25 minutes to spare. gives every person in there chance to unpod at least 2-3 rex each without cryosickness.from there follow all up to the overseer pad.if you dont make it to the pad and enter the overseer lair before the timer runs out you die and loose everything.

once up at overseer  i find it easier to whistle attack target the rex while you run and gun otherwise u spend more time and waste dps chasing the overseer on slow rex

When was the last time u went? Cos i did it a few months ago and the cryopod is unusable from even before entering the tek cave.

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
4 hours ago, jasbut said:

When was the last time u went? Cos i did it a few months ago and the cryopod is unusable from even before entering the tek cave.

We always unpod gigas inside and rexes. At the beginning. We will try the secondary unpod down the path next time we run. That’s a good tip. 

Question Ive been wondering as I am getting ready to do overseer soon. Is there a reason people dont just use a tek suite to fly over the lava and shoot the gigas to get them to aggro and fall into the lava? I always see people using rex tek saddles to shoot them and then get into the arena and are flying around in tek so why not just use it in the cave also?

Question Ive been wondering as I am getting ready to do overseer soon. Is there a reason people dont just use a tek suite to fly over the lava and shoot the gigas to get them to aggro and fall into the lava? I always see people using rex tek saddles to shoot them and then get into the arena and are flying around in tek so why not just use it in the cave also?
Its jetpack function is disabled in the cave

49 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

Its jetpack function is disabled in the cave

Ah of course, they would do that. Then I guess I could still grapple to the roof above some lava and then trigger the gigas, unless they disabled grapples in there too and if they did then thats just spiteful of them lol

Ah of course, they would do that. Then I guess I could still grapple to the roof above some lava and then trigger the gigas, unless they disabled grapples in there too and if they did then thats just spiteful of them lol

They did. Quoted from wiki:

When inside the cave itself, you are not able to use the Jetpack on the Tek Chestpiece, the Grappling Hook, or even the  Climbing Pick. Moreover, the jump function from Managarmr cannot be used as well. After teleporting to the Hall of History, however, the jetpack and the ability to jump with the Managarmr will now be available for the rest of the journey, including the Overseer encounter.

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

You cannot use the jetpack in the cave only in Overseers lair.

Also Heres a vid with a different approach.

14 hours ago, iAgnehole said:

So i hatched the eggs i got and the stats were not as good as the seller told me that they would. So what are the basestats u got on ur theri and where can i get some? lol

The base stats of them are 14k hp and 614% melee. I just pump the hp to 40k so they get close to the rex stats and rest goes in melee, mostly around 1,2k but still not fully lvled.

I guess you have to ask some local traders for theri eggs, if you were on legacy I could give you an egg or two.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:28 AM, iAgnehole said:

Tekcave and overseer

So im about to do the alpha tekcave soon on official pve. We will be 2 or maybe 3 tribemates that goes in, we are planning to bring rexes(50k hp 2000m) and a yuty. The thing im wondering about is what gear and soups should we bring? And any other dinos? 

When I ran it there was 8 of us. 1 on yut rest on rexes we each had a rex on follow so 15 rexes 1 yut. Rexes were all 2k melee rest hp with 100+ armor saddle. 0 player death 0 tame death. I'm not sure what other people brought but I just had my normal food an extra canteen and med brews. Ghillie for the cave fur for the second half. Rex riders attacked the overseer and whistled attack my target for the rex on follow. Oh and one person had a scoped rifle to lure the gigas into the lava.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:48 AM, Erinn said:

The base stats of them are 14k hp and 614% melee. I just pump the hp to 40k so they get close to the rex stats and rest goes in melee, mostly around 1,2k but still not fully lvled.

I guess you have to ask some local traders for theri eggs, if you were on legacy I could give you an egg or two.

I'll be there shortly xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/13/2020 at 4:28 AM, iAgnehole said:

Tekcave and overseer

So im about to do the alpha tekcave soon on official pve. We will be 2 or maybe 3 tribemates that goes in, we are planning to bring rexes(50k hp 2000m) and a yuty. The thing im wondering about is what gear and soups should we bring? And any other dinos? 

well, a theri army is always handy, but if you got nothing but rexs, might wanna try and split up and take different roles.

Since you got a couple peeps, Id suggest two of you take the lead and destroy anything that gets in the way, the last guy focuses solely on bringing everyone in all nice n safe. First guy on a rex has tek saddle, pew pew pew, second one has a ascendant grade BP to tank damage when things get up close and personal. Same for third, but just to make sure they are fresh when you finally get to the overseer.

You might take your time and do a quick heal up with a deadon if your brave enough to bring one, but you might be better off just making sure you have plenty of med brews.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:59 PM, wizard03 said:

well, a theri army is always handy, but if you got nothing but rexs, might wanna try and split up and take different roles.

Since you got a couple peeps, Id suggest two of you take the lead and destroy anything that gets in the way, the last guy focuses solely on bringing everyone in all nice n safe. First guy on a rex has tek saddle, pew pew pew, second one has a ascendant grade BP to tank damage when things get up close and personal. Same for third, but just to make sure they are fresh when you finally get to the overseer.

You might take your time and do a quick heal up with a deadon if your brave enough to bring one, but you might be better off just making sure you have plenty of med brews.

Well since its been over a year since i posted this ive already done it several times lol but thx anyway 😉

Archived