Server version 304.44 update - player profiles not recognized!

maseren

Hello all, I am desperate for help. I am running two servers via ASM that I was running server version 304.42 with... and today i decided, well why not update the server version to 304.44, and thats when it seems the player profiles in the game are no longer recognized and I am being forced to create a new character! I am desperate for a fix, this is about the only game I managed to convince my wife to play with me, she loves it, but her playing it won't survive a redo! Please help. I have ASM server version backups, but i do not think those help with a server version update straight from you guys! Please any help would be great! 

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, maseren said:

Hello all, I am desperate for help. I am running two servers via ASM that I was running server version 304.42 with... and today i decided, well why not update the server version to 304.44, and thats when it seems the player profiles in the game are no longer recognized and I am being forced to create a new character! I am desperate for a fix, this is about the only game I managed to convince my wife to play with me, she loves it, but her playing it won't survive a redo! Please help. I have ASM server version backups, but i do not think those help with a server version update straight from you guys! Please any help would be great! 

Look into the following directory if your profiles are still there:

..\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\<steamid>.arkprofile

If they are, open them with a text editor that won't mess with the encoding (such as notepad++) and search for the following field:

PersistentLevel

Now look at the map the profiles are bound to, and make sure you launch your server on that map.

Archived