Can electrical cables snap?

TroyParry

1 hour ago, XaosRes said:

Electric cables don‘t snap to objects, you must put an electric junction box.

470E6CCC-BD64-4CA8-BDDD-FD81761280C2.jpeg

Usually I start by putting a generator down and then wiring which will snap to that, but the generator doesn’t seem to snap to anything either, so once again I can’t ensure my wiring runs parallel to my foundations. Rather poopty not to be able to be able to do that.

fence foundations help gates find a snap point, however it doesn’t work for cables.

Usually I start by putting a generator down and then wiring which will snap to that, but the generator doesn’t seem to snap to anything either, so once again I can’t ensure my wiring runs parallel to my foundations. Rather poopty not to be able to be able to do that.
fence foundations help gates find a snap point, however it doesn’t work for cables.
U can use a ladder to help with placing the genny perfectly aligned

2 hours ago, XaosRes said:

Electric cables don‘t snap to objects, you must put an electric junction box.

470E6CCC-BD64-4CA8-BDDD-FD81761280C2.jpeg

my cable looks parallel when I place it down, but after I’ve run it down 20 ceilings you can see just how much it’s off, and spoils how things look. It’s off center. The longer you go, the more it’s off. If I wanted to run it through a pillar, it wouldn’t be in the right spot.

D72142D9-0FFE-408B-B3DF-1EAB6FA77490.jpeg

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:

Try using a ladder when placing it

Edit: just realises this is on mobile, so im not sure if it works the same way

Thanks, I figured it out!

place the ladder down.

get on the ladder

immediately place a cable down (before looking around)

the key is to be in first person view, not third person.

The only problem is the cable will be exactly in the middle of the tile, the ends of the wiring will be the edge of the ceilings, meaning you won’t be able to run the wiring up the middle of pillars, or the wiring down the edge of tiles. I wonder if there’s a way to place a ladder I’m the middle of 4 ceilings so you could place the wiring like this??

BD440E99-14FD-458B-86B0-364A20FA6641.jpeg

To be really square you must place the generator first, but also the generator must be placed completely square what isn‘t easy at all because the further you go away, it can be that it wasn‘t square at all.

The generator doesn‘t connect to the cable what is also a problem, only the very first cable connects to the generator.

I‘m always placing the generator against a wall to have the right square angle and then normally the cables are running straight but...not always. Or put the back of the generator completely in line with a foundation.

21 hours ago, XaosRes said:

Click the photo to read the comments.

I must be the Ark Master Electrician then lol... but it takes wayyyyyy too long getting it perfectly square...

@TroyParry what if you tried running the cable just under the ceilings? Would that work? They would then be hidden and not noticeable if slightly off alignment. 

Archived