Lpc0

Suggestion

Altas Creatures in ARK

If you only add the parrot and the rabbit that’d suffice me!

If there is a mod for these creatures already, maybe add some mods to the console version since we can’t download mods like our computer friends! (In addition Eco’s Mods would be dope to have too)

Please don’t rip off my head in comment suggestion, just someone who loves the game and loves the studio’s work, I just thought of something I’d like to see and suggested it! I don’t mean offense to anyone.

My last comment is that I love ARK and I love my creatures ??? and the friends I have made on it so thank you for a great experience!

3 replies to this server topic

I agree to a certain extent. I believe the fantasy creatures like the Gorgon, Fire Elemental, and Cyclops shouldn't be added, but others like the Elephant, Shieldhorn, and Mean Whale could fit very well. 

I think the Center would benefit most from the addition of these creatures to its creature pool, because they would really add to the realistic fantasy feel it has going on. The Drakes would be an amazing addition to the Volcanic Island, and the water creatures would make the deep oceans of the Center feel more alive. 

Wow thank you both for response! I think you are right about Dino’s into Atlas would be a bit tricky! That was an interesting suggestion with the realistic creature ARK with future-like self of the animal! I would definitely enjoy that! I like the spawn code idea, to have it but not force it upon those that do not want like you say a cow with a trike! And I love the shoulder mounts in Atlas as mentioned above the Rabbit and Parrot! That’s why I’d be okay if it was only them and maybe the crow too! 

And to Qwertymine, I also think the mean whales and other sea life would fill in gaps in a large empty space of ocean bodies on some maps of ARK! And maybe the swamp lands in ARK too! Getting the different species of fish like the catfish!

really like yalls comments and ideas thank you!

Check out my favorite mods If you want to:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1457376346

Personally, I believe that Ark is a game with endless possibilities - but with seemingly limited capabilities. There are a lot of things they could do, should do, and things that people would like, but over the last year, what we have received have been pretty disappointing. 

That said however, I still try to be a bit more hopeful and love to discuss the addition of creatures, items, and how they would play out for the fun of it all - and the hope- that someday something may actually make it to the game. 

On the subject of adding Atlas creatures to Ark or Ark creatures to Atlas. Which is one that I have seen randomly in forums and across the web, I would have to say as long as it is done unofficially, I am okay with both. 

I run both a cluster of maps for Ark and a group of grids for Atlas. And in both, the players I play with, and I, have taken note of differences between the two and have discussed the inclusion of some items from one to be added to the other. 

To just add the creatures to any map willy-nilly would be up to the individual if done unofficially with spawn codes. And some may be totally okay with having a cow walking next to a trike. 

However, if they wanted to truly add the creatures between the games into the others, they would simply have to create the map/island to do so. 

For example;

• To get the Atlas creatures into Ark - create and Ark (map) where instead of dinos roaming the ark, there are modern creatures that are found in Atlas along with others they don't have. The Arks are all different at this point, some adding creatures we haven't seen, some reusing creatures we see all the time, some fantasy based in background and others as realistic as they can make them. So to create a map that had modern creatures as opposed to ancient ones - isn't entirely unrealistic. 
    • In that sense they could even experiment with what the future versions of creatures would be like if left to continue changing over time. 
  • To get Ark creatures into Atlas - create an island, or grid of islands, that has dino's on it. It could be done by the ships sailing through a veil which takes them back in time to when prehistoric creatures roamed the islands or as a tool that could be used to time travel to the island of the past for a set amount of time. Neither are realistic - but it seems it would be the easiest way to explain them being there. 

Personally, I wouldn't add much more than the shoulder creatures into Ark if I could. However I would add more of the mammal-like creatures into Atlas. (they need a few more anyways.) 

Overall though - I am good with this suggestion. 

Archived