Make full ghillie armor sets undetectable

KRONOSDOUBLE

Suggestion

Make full ghillie armor sets undetectable

Ghillie armor is meant to be used to provide its wearer the ability to blend in with the environment. However, its pretty darn difficult to do this when tek helmets and parasaurs can detect anyone. Make full ghillie armor sets being worn provide the wearer with an undetectable buff affecting the parasaurs radar sense ability and the tek helmets ability to highlight enemies

10 replies to this server topic

37 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

I agree with making it undetectable by parasaur and snow owl, just not the tek helmet

Perhaps the tek helmet could have its detection of ghillie somewhat reduced then.

For example, if the player in question is wearing full ghillie armor, laying on the ground and crawling or is sitting in the crouched position completely still, the tek helmet would not detect this individual.

Now lets say that the individual wearing ghillie is standing or moving while standing or crouched. The tek helmet would be able to detect this individual.

6 minutes ago, Alex0707 said:

Gillie is used for just cooling and a bit of camo also people who have tek helmets worked for it by doing alpha bosses and the parasaur has use instead of free meat or a berry picker good for people new to that ark

I'm not saying that those things shouldn't be utilized. I'm saying I think there should be a counter to them. Its ridiculous for someone to fly with a parasaur in the claws of a wyvern and be able to completely map out almost every base location on the map. It's also equally ridiculous that tek helmets can see armor that is designed to make you stealthy. And another individual mentioned snow owls, which is a tame I definitely do not think should be allowed to detect ghillie armor if a full set is being worn.

Some things in this game are overpowered and need one of two things:

1. A nerf

2. Another item being buffed to provide a counter

Everyone seems to just wail and moan every time something gets nerfed, so the only real answer here is to buff something else

I like the idea of if standing still a Tek helmet can't see it, except it's supposed to detect life forms. Maybe do something similar to my parasaur idea.

For the parasaur maybe a comparable change is that if in full ghillie it detects you but doesn't ping location.

For snow owl, as a previous poster said ghillie is supposed to make you cool, so why can thermal vision see it? Maybe make your heat signature lower per piece of ghillie, or make better ghillie(ie MasterCraft) lower heat signature to a higher degree.

That aside I don't think you should be able to carry a parasaur on turret mode, hate that myself.

On 1/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, Alex0707 said:

Gillie is used for just cooling and a bit of camo also people who have tek helmets worked for it by doing alpha bosses and the parasaur has use instead of free meat or a berry picker good for people new to that ark

I get that people worked for the tek helmet, but that helmet is too overpowered. Its ridiculous that a helmet should be able highlight you when wearing an armor designed to be stealthy.

Also, the parasaur is a great early game mount, but its ability to be used in turret mode while flying is ridiculous

Archived