Sign in to follow this  
TomBakerARK

Did the gamma Dragon boss get Mega Boosted?

Did the gamma Dragon boss get Mega Boosted?

The subject says it all. I used to be able to kill the gamma level dragon the island with a single gen army of imprinted rexes(9-10) with around 30k health and 800% damage.

Currently I'm throwing rexxes at this guy which are min 50k health and 1000% damage and losing them all. a handful of them have ascendant 349 saddles, and i anticipated losing a few but i literally lose them all before the dragon is even half-health. They aren't standing in lava pools it's all AOE fire damage from the dragon when he is on the ground breathing. The one thing I am seeing is that the dinos no longer flank the bosses and all try to cram in the front so the dragon is always hitting every one of them with the 8sec fire/breath damage. Did something recently change, or was I just super lucky being able to down him with 10 30k/800dps rexxes before?

I'm playing unofficial on a server i host with single player settings enabled on the island map. fyi.

Edited by TomBakerARK

IMO the dragon was always difficult - not for the dragon but the arena itself. 

Try and control your rexes best you can so that you don't send them in/over the lava sections to melt - lost many rex to the lava rather than the dragon itself.

They aren't standing in the lava, or even hitting the lava. They are all dying to the fire breath from the Dragon.

I'm wondering if it's because they are all clumping up in a cone in front of the dragon when attacking instead of surrounding him like they should be. So every time he attacks with them all in front instead of scattered they are getting hit every round.

I remember it not being a picnic, but I also had previously done the battle 10 or so times and only remember losing a couple of rexx's previously.

yeah, you're better off with 25k health and the rest in melee. you lose 25% health per fire breath. Theri's take less fire damage and with the addition of cakes are the better option. I'd take a pig as well. I remember our first go at the dragon. having done spider and ape on alpha, we just jumped straight into alpha dragon. Good rexes that did the other bosses on alpha no issues. dragon wrecked us. Don't believe the dragon has been buffed, maybe your rexes just avoided the fire previously.

Well last time we did alpha we almost didn't make it. 13 rexes and yuty.  I dc as soon I enter arena.  We have 45k hp with 2700+ meele.  We lost 7 rexes, 4 went in lava, it was laggy af, rest survived with min hp.  We don't use more than 12, 13 rexes, no need. I think without lag not even single rex would die. 

Edited by hud

15 hours ago, DaveH said:

yeah, you're better off with 25k health and the rest in melee. you lose 25% health per fire breath. Theri's take less fire damage and with the addition of cakes are the better option. I'd take a pig as well. I remember our first go at the dragon. having done spider and ape on alpha, we just jumped straight into alpha dragon. Good rexes that did the other bosses on alpha no issues. dragon wrecked us. Don't believe the dragon has been buffed, maybe your rexes just avoided the fire previously.

Theris dont have fire resistance against fire breath. And fire breath does 20% of max hp as damage.

did you modify and overide any ini settings when raising default dino levels, if not id recommend theris, no more than 21k hp as vegi cake cap is 2.1k - dont use pig rexs and yuty youll still lose some, in my opinion pig is rubbish, always 19 rex +1 yuty or 19 theri 1 yuty. for all bosses excluding ab and ext.

Edited by Vape123
grammar police